The Almost Moon The Almost Moon discussion

This author

Comments (showing 1-8)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Chuck Herrera Read it, one of my favorites!

✿Sandra Fiona wrote: "Alice Sebold takes up two spaces in my book-reading mind -- the author of one of my favourite books of all time (The Lovely Bones) and the author of one of my most hated books of all time (The Almo..."

Our Book Club read this, and no one in our group really cared for it. I don't think I would consider it the worst book I ever read, but it was definitely bizarre. I liked The Lovely Bones a lot better. I also read that The Almost Moon got very mixed reviews from literary critics. I just always remember not all books are for everyone.

Cheryl (Author) Fiona wrote: "Alice Sebold takes up two spaces in my book-reading mind -- the author of one of my favourite books of all time (The Lovely Bones) and the author of one of my most hated books of all time (The Almo..."

I agree, Fiona. I loved Lovely Bones, but was horrified at The Almost Moon. I haven't heard about a new book in the making, but I would most certainly read another of her books.

Erick I've heard this criticism (it's not well written) of the Almost Moon before, however the book was not meant to be written in the same "voice" as Lovely Bones. The LB story lives in the real world as well as a make believe world in which both places are inhabited by good people who must deal with tragedy, where AM is just the real world of a difficult woman who drives those around her to extremes. I liked this book.

Chuck Herrera I agree with Natali, it was a very emotional read. Certainly wasn't as well written as The Lovely Bones.

Natali.D (BookCupid) It was a very emotional read.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Now, I liked this book. Not as much as the other ones, but it was still good to me. I like her style of writing. I like how she deals with really tough emotions. Now, again this wasn't my favorite so I would read more of her stuff, but I haven't heard of anything new recently.

Tiffany Alice Sebold takes up two spaces in my book-reading mind -- the author of one of my favourite books of all time (The Lovely Bones) and the author of one of my most hated books of all time (The Almost Moon). Does anyone know if she'll be releasing another book anytime soon? I also adored Lucky, so I'd be willing to read her next title. Reply if you've heard anything about her future in literature.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Almost Moon (other topics)