Book Haven discussion

100/50 Book Challenge > wfpoppet's 100 in 2012

Comments (showing 1-19)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 19: by wfpoppet (new)

wfpoppet Didn't make my goal this year, which bugs the heck out of the competitive side of me. Considering some of the life curveballs that took over my reading time, though, I'm quite pleased with 65. ☺

message 17: by wfpoppet (last edited Nov 22, 2012 07:07PM) (new)

message 16: by wfpoppet (last edited Nov 09, 2012 12:23PM) (new)

message 14: by wfpoppet (last edited Aug 30, 2012 08:22AM) (new)

message 13: by wfpoppet (new)

wfpoppet stormhawk wrote: ":) I loved Lemony Snicket! And Charlotte's Web always held a sense of childlike wonder and magick for me."

I adore the Unfortunate Events series. I think there's such a sly cleverness about - definitely dry chuckles. And, would you believe that this was my first time reading Charlotte's Web? I watched the movie countless times as a child but never read the book. I'm realizing there are a lot of titles like that!

message 12: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1175 comments :) I loved Lemony Snicket! And Charlotte's Web always held a sense of childlike wonder and magick for me.

message 7: by wfpoppet (new)

wfpoppet stormhawk wrote: "And I thought I was an eclectic reader!"

Thanks! I like to think so. :-)

When I first signed up for GR, I refused to include any of the books I read for school - this was supposed to be my reading escape. However, after devoting most of my time for reading in Feb to thesis research, I figured I'd worked hard to read those suckers, so I might as well give myself some credit!

message 6: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 1175 comments And I thought I was an eclectic reader!

message 5: by wfpoppet (new)

wfpoppet Cary, I enjoyed it. It's shelved in the teen section of my library. After reading several research texts relating to the subject recently, I just wanted to take a bit of a break and read an account from someone who had actually experienced it. The book does focus more on his time in the US post-resettlement, but it's interesting to see how he adjusted to the cultural differences. A quick, easy read. :-)

message 4: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) | 344 comments #8 Looks like a really good book. Personally history and true life expeireiences are my favorite reads. Even though I read lots of Scifi Fantasy.

message 1: by wfpoppet (last edited Jan 29, 2012 11:49PM) (new)

wfpoppet Stormhawk, I'm borrowing from you; I like the idea of listing them monthly.

January
1. Unwind
2. Coraline
3. M Is for Magic
4. Marvel 1602

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Marvel 1602 (other topics)
Coraline (other topics)
M Is for Magic (other topics)
Unwind (other topics)
Refugee Children: Theory, Research, and Services (other topics)
More...