St. Peter's Asylum discussion

The Asylum > The Basement

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,268) (1268 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Isobel  Stark | 7411 comments Mod
A small room, one lying directly under the Common Room. It can only be accessed from the inside of the asylum, and few know how. Only the trickiest of sneaks have found their way into this room.

Walls are made of solid oak, and a red velvet rug lines the floor. Two couches, each made of black leather, and a chair of black wolf-fur surround a single glass table. Hung upon the walls are pictures, drawings, writings... Anything and everything shared by patients of the past and present.

Few nurses come this way, so it is a great place to come if you're avoiding them. The staff does know it exists, but they also know that the patients enjoy their one place d solitude.

RP Here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Hada's disposition was oddly -- sunny, after her meeting with her newest friend. In fact, the sheer idea that the tiny, tormented girl could make a friend was a huge improvement. As her nurse had been whisked away to deal with a high security patient, Hada had wandered down to the basement. She wasn't quite sure what it was, but, curious instead of her usual fear, She surveyed the lavish decor with red-rimmed chocolate eyes.

message 3: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Bennett frequented the basement, as few people came and so she got even fewer questions about her dolls. Her dolls decorated the walls of the wooden basement, dolls she didn't use anymore or were bored with.

Bennet sat in the fur-lines chair. In her lap were scraps of fabric. Her brain was dull-- no one new to make, recently. Perhaps her nurse finally deserved a doll....?

A sound drew Bennett away from her dark thoughts, and blue-green gaze flitted to the young girl. A small smile flashed.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Eyes found the girl sitting in the furry chair, and involuntarily Hadassah shrank back. "H-h-hello?" She asked tentatively, tiny body shaking slightly.

message 5: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

The doll-maker smiled at the young girl. "Hi there, kiddo."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Hada bit her already-shredded lip. She plopped down on the couch across from the girl. "Who are you?" She asked, in her bravest voice, thin and reedy, wavering a bit. Turning her head down, Hada picked at the huge dress that hung off her thin frame.

message 7: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Hands stilled, and one rose from the fabric in her lap. "I'm Bennett. The girl who makes the dolls." Why dodge the truth?

Her hand was offered to the younger girl. "And you?"

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

"I'm Hadassah. But mostly people call me Hada." She answered softly, taking Bennett's hand in her own bony one. "I had a doll once. But I lost it in the temple." She said darkly, shuttering. Don't think about it. Don't think about it.

message 9: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"I'm sorry. Would you like another one?"

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 02, 2012 10:03AM) (new)

"Ok." Hada said distantly, her knees pulled up to her chest. Don't think about it. DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. She gave in and mouth opening in a silent scream as the scene replayed in her mind. Gasping, Hada buried her head in her knees, trying to regain composure.

message 11: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

[*composure]

Bennett arched an eyebrow. "Who do you want it to look like?" she asked simply.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

((Thanks.))

"Like me?" The voice was muffled as Hada raised her head slightly, eyes terrified as she fought to control herself. She let her knees relax and took deep breaths. "Sorry." She said softly.

message 13: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"It's alright," Bennett murmured as her hands began moving. Eyes flashed between the girl, the fabric, and the needle stitching everything together.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Hada watched at the needle flitted in and out of the fabric with interest. "Zach said that I can't scream or they're gonna lock me up, and I didn't scream." She said proudly at her latest improvement.

message 15: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Bennett smiled. "That's good."

A slight pause, and a few moments where the only sound was the slipping needle. "Tell me about yourself, Hada. Why are you here?"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"People brought me here after the big guy with the metal thingy came to my temple and went PWOF! And then Mama and Papa and Abraham and the Rabbi were alllll red and I hid and then I can here." Hada rushed through the story, then hugged herself tightly and bit her lip again, refraining from crying.

message 17: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Bennett nodded. "That's sad. I'm sorry."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

"It's OK." Hada smiled softly.

message 19: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Bennett returned the smile, and fell silent. The only sound once again was the ripping, tearing and stitching together of fabric.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Hada watched as the pieces of fabric started to morph into a tiny figure. "How do you do that? She breathed, eyes wide.

message 21: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Bennett shrugged. "Lots and lots of practise."

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh. It's pretty." Hada said simply.

message 23: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A wide smile broke through. "Thanks."

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

"You're welcome!" came the spirited reply, a rare smile lighting her face.

message 25: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

[derp?]

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

((derp.))

message 27: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 9995 comments Mod
[So let's not have them already all over each other today. XD]

Being in the basement by himself soft of disturbed Domonic. The basement was an obvious "off guards" place for nurses. He was in I foreign territory, where he didn't belong.

Sprawled in what he hoped would pass for a lazy fashion, Domonic was trying to ignore the hostile stares of the patients. Maybe once Cadenza arrived and wound herself to him like she always sees to do every time she saw him, they would lighten up. Or darken down.

The nurse sighed, laying an arm over a charcoal gaze.

message 28: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Ginger footsteps, perfectly in time with one another, announced the arrival of the short-haired beauty. Wary, icy gaze flashed around, and a smile was offered to the few patients she did recognise.

Cadenza spotted her nurse, and the smile turned into a grin as she completed the last stairs and took a seat beside him.

message 29: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Well hello," Domonic murmured in a relieved tone. His patient was given a quick brush of the lips. "Next time can we please go somewhere where I'm stated down the whole time?"

message 30: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Cadenza giggled and threw her legs across his lap, resting her head upon the arm of the leather sofa.

"Sorry about them. They're just not used to you."

message 31: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Believe me," he said wryly, "I noticed."

Hand slipped through smaller, paler hand, fingers linking together, enveloping the warmth. "So why the basement?"

message 32: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A shrug. "It's usually not this full, and I like being alone."

message 33: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Ah, I see. But you don't mind being alone with me?"

message 34: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"Of course not."

message 35: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Another smile flickered over the nurse's features. He leaned down, delivering another kiss over the lips. "So what do you want to do today? The possibilities are practically endless."

message 36: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Cadenza shrugged. "Dunno."

message 37: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Okay," he replied with a light shrug. "We can sit and wait." He sprawled beside Cadenza in the tight space between her and the couch. He let one arm drape over her waist.

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments The tiny girl was out of her cell again. This time, she'd actually managed to evade the nurses on her way down- just keep a low profile and don't wear your hair funky. It had been strangely easy.

Now Suzy sat cross-legged on the thick red rug with a comb in one hand and a strand of hair in the other. Her pale face was tipped to one side thoughtfully as she worked the almost invisible tangles from her black locks.

message 39: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (new)

Hope  | 13797 comments Mod
"I didn't know little girls liked the basement." The words came from across the room, where Raven leaned with a casual arrogance against the wall. "It doesn't seen the proper place for them, if you know what I mean." He tilted his head and studied the girl before him, the small, dark-haired creature with her comb and accessories. He didn't think he'd seen her around before.

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "It's the place for patients," Suzy said camly with a look up at the strange boy. "And for high-security patients, the only place to escape them." She spoke with scorn about the nurses. Once they found out who she was they would never let her alone; her condtion was supposedly 'too frail' for her to be out by herself.

message 41: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (last edited Jan 19, 2012 04:45PM) (new)

"You're a high-security, then." Raven narrowed his eyes thoughtfully. What had this seemingly harmless child done to earn her that sort of title? He walked forward and knelt down next to her, curious. "So what'd you do, kid? Kill somebody?" He smirked; the comment was clearly a sarcastic one.

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "Actually, I did. But it isn't really your business, is it?" The dark-haired girl looked sharply at Raven with ever-changing eyes despite his sarcasm.

message 43: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (last edited Jan 19, 2012 04:53PM) (new)

His dark brows shot up in surprise. That was certainly new, a five-year-old killer. Unheard of, almost. He studied her eyes, looking for traces of untruth. He found none. "I suppose not," he said a moment later, in response to her question but shrugging at the bite of her words. "But I'm not one to mind my own business, kiddo. Other peoples' stories are normally so much more interesting than my own, you know."

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "Well, I suppose that's true..." Suzy looked thoughtful. "I go berserk. Uncontrollable. Potentially murderous. Killed someone once."

message 45: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (new)

"Huh. You mean, psychopathic rampages and the like?" Raven looked almost amused. "Sounds nice."

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "Pretty much, yeah." Unabashed, Suzy nodded. Quietly binding her hair with one of the numerous hairbands around her wrist, the tiny girl dropped her arms into her lap and looked quietly at Raven. "So. Who're you?"

message 47: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (new)

"People call me Raven," he said by way of a response. "I won't be surprised if you don't recognize me. I'm not in here because I'm crazy and so I'm not that famous."

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "Hmm. Looks like we're the opposite, then. I'm Suzy- the only person here with a padded room." Stretching out a tiny hand, she offered it to him politely.

message 49: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (new)

"Well then!" Raven grinned at her. "Congratulations." Regardless, he took her pale hand in his brown one, shook once, and let go.

Thera (Antherabrawler) | 2447 comments "Hmm. Gets annoying sometimes, but it makes up for the fact that I have no furniture." Shrugging a little, Suzy grinned back at Raven.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 25 26

unread topics | mark unread