Cozy Mysteries discussion

Featured Cozy Authors > Featured Author - Jan 2012 - Kate Collins

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Jan 01, 2012 07:22PM) (new)

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ (BriansGirlKate) | 1544 comments Mod
January's featured author is Kate Collins. The author's official website is: http://www.katecollinsbooks.com/

Kate Collins is the author of the best-selling Flower Shop Mysteries.

#1 Mum's the Word
#2 Slay It With Flowers
#3 Dearly Depotted
#4 Snipped in the Bud
#5 Acts of Violets
#6 A Rose from the Dead
#7 Shoots to Kill
#8 Evil in Carnations
#9 Sleeping With Anemone:
#10 Dirty Rotten Tendrils
#11 Night of the Living Dandelion
#12 To Catch a Leaf

Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Kate Collins Slay It With Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) by Kate Collins Dearly Depotted (A Flower Shop Mystery, #3) by Kate Collins Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4) by Kate Collins Acts of Violets (A Flower Shop Mystery, #5) by Kate Collins A Rose from the Dead (Flower Shop Mystery, #6) by Kate Collins Shoots to Kill (A Flower Shop Mystery, #7) by Kate Collins Evil in Carnations (Flower Shop Mystery, #8) by Kate Collins Sleeping With Anemone (Flower Shop Mystery, #9) by Kate Collins Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10) by Kate Collins Night of the Living Dandelion (A Flower Shop Mystery, #11) by Kate Collins To Catch a Leaf (A Flower Shop Mystery #12) by Kate Collins

It's not spring yet, but as our new year blossoms, hopefully you'll like reading a flower shop mystery. :)

I contacted the author through her website and let her know she was chosen as our featured author this month and invited her to join us.

message 2: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (last edited Jan 01, 2012 07:16PM) (new)

E-books:

Historical romance:

Promised to a Stranger
Beloved Protector
His Forbidden Touch

Promised to a Stranger by Kate Collins Beloved Protector by Kate Collins His Forbidden Touch by Kate Collins

Children’s e-books (age 8-14):

Janey Webster, E.B.*(*Experienced Babysitter)
Jason Jerviss at Your Service

Janey Webster, E.B.* (Experienced Babysitter) by Kate Collins Jason Jerviss at Your Service by Kate Collins

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5012 comments I love the Flower Shop series and I'm all caught up on it. I order them as soon as Amazon shows them available for pre-order and read them as soon as they arrive!

message 4: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (VampireKisses2) | 413 comments I have Slay It With Flowers in my TBR so I will join the FAC this month.

message 5: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I actually don't have any of these, so need to check and see if my library has any of them before I try PBS.

message 6: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 204 comments Wonderful. I know Amazon loves me by this time. I think I might buy some stock in their company! I am looking forward to this new series. Welcome to our group, Kate!

message 7: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2313 comments Way, way back when Amazon was but a wee little store, they used to send me Christmas presents for ordering so many books. :) They also sent me an email before they went public, offering me the chance to buy stocks and I thought "who else besides me is ever going to buy books online?!" DOH! And know you all know about my head-smacking moment in life... lol

message 8: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 2915 comments Thank you very much. I'll see if I can try to read any of this (I've read twoo books and I haven't liked them a lot).

message 9: by Ellie (last edited Jan 02, 2012 07:47AM) (new)

Ellie (EllieArcher) | 414 comments I read one of Collins' books & found it hilarious. This should be fun!

message 10: by ஐ Briansgirl (Book Sale Queen)ஐ, Cozy Mysteries Group Owner (new)

I just ordered Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Kate Collins off PBS. Will start there since it's the first in the series (and available on PBS where I can use up credits).

message 11: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads (Jane in SC) ஐ Briansgirl "Book Sale Queen"ஐ wrote: "I just ordered Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Kate Collins off PBS. Will start there since it's the first in the series (and available on PBS where I can use up credits)."

I found a copy on Half.com. Most of the series is at my local library, but not the first two.

message 12: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 550 comments Yay, I picked up Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4) by Kate Collins from the library last week and was planning on reading it this month! I absolutely love this series. Hope everyone that's new to the series enjoys it!

message 13: by Karen (last edited Jan 02, 2012 03:35PM) (new)

Karen Check at library and order if they do not have which is most likely.

These books look wonderful. I am excited to try one.

message 14: by Foxyj (new)

Foxyj | 13 comments Just ordered it to be sent to my library. Can't wait to start it.

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol   (c2br2) | 286 comments I've already read the first one in the series and have others on my shelves, so I'll definitely read at least the second one this month!

message 16: by Linda (new)

Linda (Rudylkr) | 2570 comments Just ordered Slay It With Flowers from the library. It's been almost a year since I read the first one but I enjoyed it and this will help me get closer to the fifth one which I have on my shelf at home.

message 17: by Eileen (new)

Eileen | 14 comments I've read the first five, so I'll start with #6!

message 18: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 331 comments I have 3 of this series on my tbr shelf, and Im looking forward to reading them!

message 19: by Nell (new)

Nell | 944 comments I've read all the Kate Collins' Flower Shop Mysteries. She's one of my favorite cozy authors. It helps to read them in order for character development, but it's not necessary. Hope you enjoy the books.

message 20: by Linda (new)

Linda B | 200 comments I have read up to number 9 in the series and I really enjoy them. So I will read Dirty Rotten Tendrils. They are one of my favorite authors too.

message 21: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I put this on hold at the library this week...looking forward to this one!

message 22: by AmyD (new)

AmyD (justAmyD) | 25 comments I know I read the first two, so it looks like Dearly Depotted is next for me!

message 23: by Sherrie (new)

Sherrie (VampireKisses2) | 413 comments Finished Slay It With Flowers tonight. I really enjoyed it much better than the first book. Going to order book 3 on my Nook, I have book 4 in PB so I hope I can get to them soon.

message 24: by Heather L (new)

Heather L (WordTrix) | 7206 comments Mod
I read the first four books in the series previously, but at start of January had five more on the TBR pile and am still missing three. I finished book number five earlier today (Saturday), Acts of Violets, and am starting number six, A Rose from the Dead.

message 25: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 5012 comments Heather L wrote: "I read the first four books in the series previously, but at start of January had five more on the TBR pile and am still missing three. I finished book number five earlier today (Saturday), [book:A..."

A ROSE FROM THE DEAD is not very good. The only one in the series I really haven't liked.

message 26: by Lady Domino (new)

Lady Domino (LadyDomino) | 5 comments It was with a bit apprehension that I started the first book today (I've worked as both a florist and a lawyer, although in England), but I'm loving it. I've now got the whole series waiting for me on my kindle - I just need more hours in the day!

message 27: by Marscha (new)

Marscha (mysterymb) | 3 comments I'm currently reading Evil in Carnations, another great read so far.

message 28: by Heather L (new)

Lady Domino: This has become a favorite series. I hope you are enjoying the first book.

I am almost done with A Rose from the Dead, and not as bad as some led me to fear. In fact, there were a few scenes in this one that had me laughing out loud.

message 29: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catjackson) Finally got Slay It With Flowers from the library. I had to wait until it came in from another branch. This is only the second time I've read one of Collin's books. The first I enjoyed.

message 30: by Jane Reads (new)

Jane Reads (Jane in SC) I read Mum's the Word yesterday, and enjoyed it. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

message 31: by Lady Domino (new)

Lady Domino (LadyDomino) | 5 comments Heather: I've just finished Mum's the Word and loved it, I'll be reading the rest of the series.

message 32: by Heather L (new)

Jane and Lady Domino: Glad you both liked Mum's the Word!

Finished A Rose from the Dead last night. It was an okay read, a lot of laugh-out-loud humor in this one, IMO. I think I guess the murderer about a quarter of the way through, which is probably what made me a little impatient during the last quarter of the book.

Immediately started Shoots to Kill upon finishing book six, and am already 30% done. Though I do have the next two books, I will probably make "Shoots" the last for a while, so I can get other group reads in for the month. I have a feeling A Tale of Two Cities (TNBBC) will take at least a week.

message 33: by Valorie (new)

Valorie  | 550 comments I finished Snipped in the Bud (A Flower Shop Mystery, #4) by Kate Collins and loved it! They just seem to get better and better to me! Can't wait to move on to the next book.

message 34: by ❂ Jennifer (new)

❂ Jennifer  (jennevans) | 2313 comments I'm up-to-date on this series and I can say, they definitely improve (with the exception of "A Rose from the Dead") as the series progresses. I remember when I first started the series, I needed a bit of reassurance from a few of the group here that is was worth it to keep going. :D

message 35: by Foxyj (new)

Foxyj | 13 comments I started mums the word last night. Didnt get very far but looking forward to seeing if I like it.

message 36: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 204 comments Just started Acts of Violets and am enjoying it a lot! It's letting me get back to my "cozy" life after spending a week with my 96 year old mommy and bossy sister. Home sweet home!

message 37: by Heather L (new)

Finished Shoots to Kill and though you prettymuch know whodunnit from the beginning, it is quite the wild ride. Would love to dive into Evil in Carnations, but I cna't spend the entire month on one author. Just. Can't. Do. It. Mr. Dickens and A Tale of Two Cities beckon, followed by Nora Robert's Chasing Fire, which are January group reads for other GR groups. May come back to Kate Collins after those. ;-)

message 38: by Marisa (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 2915 comments I've just finished Slay It With Flowers. I've liked it a bit more than the previous one, perhaps I'll try it with the next one.

message 39: by Tricia (new)

Tricia Douglas (teachgiftedkids) | 204 comments Finished Acts of Violets today. I had a great time reading this cozy, snug in bed on a cloudy day, with my three cats settled in their designated spots around me. Abbey and Marco were fun characters to follow, but I wish they could have been a little more cozy in their relationship. I have a few more books by Kate Collins to read, so I hope the weather holds and my cats can indulge in all the attention I'm giving them! HA!

message 40: by Linda (new)

Linda (Rudylkr) | 2570 comments I finished Slay It With Flowers over the weekend and enjoyed it. I was surprised to see that it took place so soon after the first book.

message 41: by Carol (new)

Carol   (c2br2) | 286 comments I finished Slay It with Flowers last night and enjoyed it. I'll try to read one book a month to catch up with the series. Notice I said try!Slay It With Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) by Kate Collins

message 42: by Karen (last edited Feb 09, 2012 07:06PM) (new)

Karen Hopefully I will get one of these books before deadline. Ordered it through library loan like 3 weeks ago. annoying to say the least.

Finally starting Mum's the Word (A Flower Shop Mystery, #1) by Kate Collins.Also ordered for this month's read. 25% done with Mum.

message 43: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1 comments Carol wrote: "I finished Slay It with Flowers last night and enjoyed it. I'll try to read one book a month to catch up with the series. Notice I said try!Slay It With Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) by Kate Collins"

I also read Slay It With Flowers. I seem to be reading one book a year in this series. I read the first one last year for the February challenge. I should be caught up with the series by 2022 (assuming there aren't any more books added to the series! LOL)

message 44: by Linda (new)

Linda (Rudylkr) | 2570 comments Donna wrote: "Carol wrote: "I finished Slay It with Flowers last night and enjoyed it. I'll try to read one book a month to catch up with the series. Notice I said try!Slay It With Flowers (A Flower Shop Mystery, #2) by Kate Collins"
..."

Donna, I'm on the same reading plan as you!

message 45: by Nell (new)

Nell | 944 comments I'm glad to see how many of you have discovered Kate Collins' flower shop series this month. It's one of my favorites. I even liked A Rose from the Dead A Rose from the Dead (Flower Shop Mystery, #6) by Kate Collins
Here's my 'pet peeve': The character pictured on the covers matches Jillian's description (tall, svelte) - not Abby's (short, buxom). I admit it's a small detail, nevertheless it annoys me. She's pictured like a runway model which doesn't fit this character.

message 46: by Eileen (last edited Jan 28, 2012 09:30AM) (new)

Eileen | 14 comments OK, I did start with A Rose from the Dead A Rose from the Dead (Flower Shop Mystery, #6) by Kate Collins where I left off and read through to the end, To Catch a Leaf To Catch a Leaf (A Flower Shop Mystery #12) by Kate Collins. I really enjoy series, following the growth of characters. I'm ready for the next step...hopefully soon!

message 47: by Linda (new)

Linda B | 200 comments Just finished Dirty Rotten Tendrils Dirty Rotten Tendrils (A Flower Shop Mystery, #10) by Kate Collins. I have loved the whole series. Started them from the beginning and watched Abby grow. Love the series. One of my favorite.

message 48: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Williamson | 8 comments Jumping in late, but I'm so glad to discover this series! I'm really enjoying Mum's the Word and looking forward to more!

message 49: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lmmmml) | 40 comments I'm late to this one also, but I really enjoyed this book. I started it based on recommendations from this group and then just now realized it was the group read for this month. I will be reading the rest of the series, thanks for the great recommendations!

message 50: by Vicky (new)

Vicky (LadyVictoria5) | 219 comments I'm reading the same book and also enjoying it. I wouldn't have picked this up except for this challenge as I have too many series I'm trying to catch up on. Now I have another.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dirty Rotten Tendrils (other topics)
Sleeping With Anemone (other topics)
Shoots to Kill (other topics)
Evil in Carnations (other topics)
To Catch a Leaf (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kate Collins (other topics)