Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Off Topic Discussion > What the .....?

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost Whisper (PirateGhost) | 5250 comments Mod
Sometimes we run across things that just make you scratch your head and say, "What the...." or "What were they thinking?"

What's the lastest you've run into?

message 2: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

This is mine....

Who in their right minds let Trojan Condoms sponsor a Starwars Marathon on the "Spike" channel that starts at 10am?

Thank goodness the comercials worked on inuendo more than mechanics!

I have young children with their own light sabers here.... "What the..."

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh No!!!!!!!!
Scary out there....

message 4: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Fortunately the display model looked more like a grain silo.

message 5: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P | 970 comments That really bugs me too...when the program is family friendly, but the commercials are not.

message 6: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Yeah. I mean, you think it's okay to get up and go make a sandwitch, then you turn around... "Ohhh...noooo" (imagine that in slow motion) "Gabi, Loook awaaayy from the Teeee-Veeeee!"

Either these people don't think, or, b) these people don't have children, or, c) these people live in a time zone somewhere like... the Kamchatka Peninsula or something?

Like What the...?

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2012 09:46AM) (new)

My daughter and son in law do not have cable TV as we do not. Our satellite Tv was struck by lightning in 83 and we decided not to have it fixed. We all just buy movies and TV shows when they come out. If we want to see something WT...? We just go on youtube..... He he
When we go on vacation to a hotel or house with cable we are glued to the TV saying WT...!!!!!!!! LOL With 6 children ... they don't watch TV much. LOLI wish there was a dvd player that cleaned up movies .... but Robert Redford took care of that... he said it hurt his artistic license .... what about years of TV movies that cut out offensive parts of movies. I would love to get the movie Parenthood cleaned up ... I love that movie.

message 8: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P | 970 comments Hugh (A.K.A. Hermit the Curmudgeon) wrote: "Yeah. I mean, you think it's okay to get up and go make a sandwitch, then you turn around... "Ohhh...noooo" (imagine that in slow motion) "Gabi, Loook awaaayy from the Teeee-Veeeee!"

Either thes..."

Ha Ha....too funny!!!

message 9: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P | 970 comments Faithmarie wrote: "My daughter and son in law do not have cable TV as we do not. Our satellite Tv was struck by lightning in 83 and we decided not to have it fixed. We all just buy movies and TV shows when they come ..."

There is a dvd player out now that cleans up movies. It is called ClearPlay. You can check out their website at www.clearplay.com

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Thank you so much!!!!! I am going to look into this.
My husband just informed that it was not a machine it was movies you could buy cleaned up. Legally at the time.

message 11: by Lisa P (new)

Lisa P | 970 comments Faithmarie wrote: "Thank you so much!!!!! I am going to look into this.
My husband just informed that it was not a machine it was movies you could buy cleaned up. Legally at the time."

You're welcome! My friend uses it and likes it. I think you buy the dvd player from them, and then download the movie filters onto a thumb drive which you then plug into the player...or something like that. My family doesn't watch too much tv either...When we do we tend to stick with things like the History Channel, Discovery Channel, and Food Network (my favorite). During the holidays we watched a lot of the Christmas movies that were on the Hallmark channel.

message 12: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 234 comments Ummm...the KY commercials.

Half of the feminine products commercials. I don't want to see moms and daughters talkimg about freshness.

Someone pukes on every TV show now.

Extends commercials with Jimmy Johmson. C'mon.

Any commercials that spend the last minute talking abouy the negative effects of a drug. May cause death...ok, never mind.

Kim Cardashian who is famous because....someone help me out here.

Splitter

message 13: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Because she used to be in Paris Hilton's Posse' (check spelling, Hugh, check spelling, check spelling) that's how Kardasian became famous.

message 14: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 234 comments And Paris Hilton is famous because...

You got the spelling right :). For the record, I was not referencing the fine state of Kentucky in my first post either lol.

Splitter

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL

message 16: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

And for the record, since we're talking about commercials that do not reflect normal reactoins.. these "AXE" body wash commercials ... if it was really like that, you'd almost be afraid to use it.

(okay, you might like to use it once... in high school, but after that.. no more.)

message 17: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 234 comments I am not proud to say that I tried AXE. It was gawdawful stuff. I still have it around here somewhere if anyone is interested...

Splitter

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL I am kinda glad I don't have cable..... Now I am going to go on on over to youtube and see the axe commercial. LOL

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh there are too many..... never mind.. ha

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh there are too many..... never mind.. ha

message 21: by Keri (new)

Keri (Keri_45) | 110 comments Hugh I responded to you post, but GR's ate my comment.

message 22: by Eileen, Always Beautiful (new)

Eileen | 3201 comments Mod
If we're talking about commercials that bug me. I'm sick of the couple sitting in their own bathtubs and hearing the announcer saying, "If your erection lasts more then 4 hours seek medical attention." First of all, being in separate tubs isn't going to solve his problem!

message 23: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Eileen wrote: "If we're talking about commercials that bug me. I'm sick of the couple sitting in their own bathtubs and hearing the announcer saying, "If your erection lasts more then 4 hours seek medical attent..."

and really, if I had that problem, hell, I'd be calling people...no reason to let a good thing go to waist!

message 24: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Keri wrote: "Hugh I responded to you post, but GR's ate my comment."

It's okay, Keri, happens to me all the time. I try to remember to copy the post so I can just "paste" it up if that happens but I forget more often than I remember.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG ..... really there is a commercial like that on TV kids can see!!!!!!!!
I am should I laugh or be horrified!!!!! LOL

message 26: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 234 comments Anything lasting more than four hours would lead to chaffing anyway.

I did not just say that...

Splitter

message 27: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (last edited Jan 18, 2012 12:09PM) (new)

Yea, you said it... (I have edited the "off colour" joke out of my last post. I did not want to offend anyone. You can take the boy out of the navy, but it's hard to take the dirty old sailor out of the boy.)

message 28: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 433 comments C.S. Splitter wrote: "Ummm...the KY commercials.
"

Oh, my ... I do SO want to go here! Sorry ... for the adult audience, I was for 20 years and still am a horse breeder and the 'industry' has been involved with high tech solutions to the "stallion on one side of the country and mare on the other side" for that 20-plus years.

This is something I used to order by the CASE and you should have seen the expression on the UPS delivery person's face when they arrived with this.

With reference to the state of KY (where I've lived the last 12 years) the first time I had a shipment going out to a mare, the FedEx clerk asked me what the contents were. When I answered, the poor kid turned just as red as his hair! I'm really in very deep "Bible Belt" country here and I guess they don't expect little old ladies with gray hair saying things like that.

message 29: by Whispers from the Pirate's Ghost, The Prodical Moderator (new)

Sharon wrote: "C.S. Splitter wrote: "Ummm...the KY commercials.
"

Oh, my ... I do SO want to go here! Sorry ... for the adult audience, I was for 20 years and still am a horse breeder and the 'industry' has been..."

LMAO

Sharon, that is a priceless story. Wonderful! (My mother lives in the middle of nowhere Lousisiana, and writes Regency Romance Novels. You should see how some people react at The General Store when she talks about things in her book.

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Michael | 433 comments Hugh The Curmudgeon wrote: "Sharon, that is a priceless story. Wonderful! (My mother lives in the middle of nowhere Lousisiana, and writes Regency Romance Novels. You should see how some people react at The General Store when she talks about things in her book."

I can imagine, especially now that I'm living in KY.

Given my occupation, I have a number of those stories, dogs, horses and remote western cattle ranch upbringing. Have often thought about getting them written down in the James Herriott style, one chapter per incident. (Which actually seems a bit more possible now with the change to eBook publishing.)

unread topics | mark unread