Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2012 Challenge Archive > 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 125) (125 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Dec 31, 2011 09:14PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8866 comments 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge

With the year almost ending, most of us have started looking forward to the new year and have some reading goals we really want to reach.

This is the place to Create-Your-Own-Reading Challenge for 2012.

I've used the acronym SMART to explain how you can put yours together.

SPECIFIC - Sure we have goals and resolutions, but for this challenge you need to be specific on what you will read. Are you going for all classics, books of a specific author, books you already own, etc? You set the parameters, but make sure there is one.

MEASURABLE - Please don't say as many as I can read, please :). Knowing the titles in advance is not required, but you need to put a number of books as your goal. This is a requirement to participate in this challenge.

ATTAINABLE - Be realistic for this challenge. I know how we can go overboard, but you know, how many hours you read in a day. Do not set yourself up to fail. On this note, you are only allowed to have one Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge entry.

REWARDING - A tenet I follow everytime I create and/or join a challenge, is that it should be fun. This is not a punishment, but an activity that you really want to do. You get a better chance of completing it, if you are enjoying yourself.

TIME-BOUND - This challenge is good for the whole year. If you want to set a different start and end date, its up to you, but make sure I can see the duration period of your challenge.

Here is the suggested format:

Challenge Title:
Duration:
Number of Books:
Challenge Description:
List of Books: (you can post it in advanced or post as you complete them)

There is it, everyone. Anyone can sign up anytime, although I hope you'll all wait for the first of the year to begin.

message 2: by Wan (last edited Dec 13, 2012 12:57PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments RRRC 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Duration: 1/1 - 12/31 2012
4/50
Finding New Love - 1st in New-2-Me Series & 5 stars:
I'll be reading books 1st in the new-to-me series. Also, (any) books in the new and old series I given 5 stars.

1. Cry Wolf by Briggs, Patricia 1/18 (3.5)
2. Dark Lover by Ward, J.R. 1/13 (5)
4. Hunting Season by Laurenston, Shelly 1/3 (5)
4. Eternal Rider by Ione, Larissa 1/22 (4)

Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Hunting Season (The Gathering #1) by Shelly Laurenston Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #1) by Larissa Ione

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Challenge Title: RRRC 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Duration: Duration: 1/1 - 12/31 2012
Number of Books: 30
Challenge Description: Clean the bookshelves!
-- i'll be reading books I bought and are sitting on my shelves just waiting to be read.

List of Books:

message 4: by Mary (last edited Aug 30, 2012 05:27AM) (new)

Mary  (wimew) | 150 comments Featured Author Catch Up

Since I missed a boat load of the featured author challenges I plan to make up for that here
0/36
(I will be adding the 11 missing for the year)

Nora Roberts-
Linda Howard-
Johanna Lindsey-
Christine Feehan- Dark Magic 1/1
Janet Evanovich-
Tess Gerritsen-
J.R Ward- Dark Lover 7/9
Gena Showalter-
Patricia Briggs-
Laura Leigh-
Lisa Kleypas-
Charlaine Harris-
Julie Garwood-
Catherine Coulter-
Sherrilyn Kenyon-
Debbie Macomber-
Iris Johansen-
Lynsay Sands-
Linda L Miller- The Bridegroom 8/26
Lori Foster-
P.C Cast-
Richelle Mead-
Sandra Brown-
Diana Palmer-
Maya Banks- In Bed With A Highlander 1/27
Jayne A Krentz- In Too Deep 3/14
Jude Deveraux
Robyn Carr
Suzanne Brockmann
Susan Mallery
Fern Michaels
Jeaniene Frost
Lisa Jackson

message 5: by D.G. (last edited Jan 01, 2012 07:05AM) (new)

D.G. | 3759 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Duration: Jan 1 - Dec 31 2012
Number of Books: 52
Challenge Description
* Read 36 of the print books I own
* Read 12 books in different series (I could probably do better here but let's start with 12)
* Read 2 Books in Spanish
* Read 2 Classics

Joann | 971 comments Challenge Title: RRRC 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Duration: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012
Number of Books: 58
Challenge Description: Complete in-progress series

I. Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter by Laurell K. Hamiton

1. Micah
2. Danse Macabre
3. The Harlequin
4. Blood Noir
5. Skin Trade
6. Flirt
7. Bullet
8. Hit List
9. Kiss the Dead

Micah (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #13) by Laurell K. Hamilton Danse Macabre (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #14) by Laurell K. Hamilton The Harlequin (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #15) by Laurell K. Hamilton Blood Noir (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #16) by Laurell K. Hamilton Skin Trade (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #17) by Laurell K. Hamilton Flirt (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter #18) by Laurell K. Hamilton Bullet (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #19) by Laurell K. Hamilton Hit List (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #20) by Laurell K. Hamilton Kiss the Dead (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #21) by Laurell K. Hamilton

II. Gardella Vampire Chronicles by Colleen Gleason

1. The Bleeding Dusk
2. When Twilight Burns
3. As Shadows Fade

The Bleeding Dusk (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #3) by Colleen Gleason When Twilight Burns (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #4) by Colleen Gleason As Shadows Fade (Gardella Vampire Chronicles, #5) by Colleen Gleason

III. Shadow Saga by Christopher Golden

1. Angel Souls and Devil Hearts
2. Of Masques and Martyrs
3. The Gathering Dark
4. Waking Nightmares

Angel Souls and Devil Hearts (Shadow Saga #2) by Christopher Golden Of Masques and Martyrs (Shadow Saga #3) by Christopher Golden The Gathering Dark (Shadow Saga #4) by Christopher Golden Waking Nightmares (Shadow Saga #5) by Christopher Golden

IV. Georgina Kincaid by Richelle Mead

1. Succubus Dreams
2. Succubus Heat
3. Succubus Shadows
4. Succubus Revealed

Succubus Dreams (Georgina Kincaid #3) by Richelle Mead Succubus Heat (Georgina Kincaid #4) by Richelle Mead Succubus Shadows (Georgina Kincaid, #5) by Richelle Mead Succubus Revealed (Georgina Kincaid, #6) by Richelle Mead

V. Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill

1. Twice Bitten
2. Hard Bitten
3. Drink Deep
4. Biting Cold

Twice Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #3) by Chloe Neill Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4) by Chloe Neill Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill Biting Cold (Chicagoland Vampires #6) by Chloe Neill

VI. The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan

1. The Dead-Tossed Waves
2. The Dark and Hollow Places

The Dead-Tossed Waves (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #2) by Carrie Ryan The Dark and Hollow Places (The Forest of Hands and Teeth, #3) by Carrie Ryan

VII. Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh

1. Mine to Possess
2. Hostage to Pleasure
3. Branded by Fire
4. Blaze of Memory
5. Bonds of Justice
6. Play of Passion
7. Kiss of Snow
8. Tangle of Need

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changeling, #4) by Nalini Singh Hostage to Pleasure (Psy-Changeling, #5) by Nalini Singh Branded by Fire (Psy-Changeling, #6) by Nalini Singh Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Play of Passion (Psy-Changeling, #9) by Nalini Singh Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh Tangle of Need (Psy-Changeling, #11) by Nalini Singh

VIII. Envy Chronicles by Joss Ware

1. Embrace the Night Eternal
2. Abandon the Night
3. Night Betrayed

Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2) by Joss Ware Abandon the Night (Envy Chronicles, #3) by Joss Ware Night Betrayed (Envy Chronicles, #4) by Joss Ware

IX. Honor Harrington by David Weber

1. The Honor of the Queen
2. The Short Victorious War
3. Field of Dishonor
4. Flag in Exile
5. Honor Among Enemies
6. In Enemy Hands
7. Echoes of Honor
8. Ashes of Victory
9. War of Honor
10. At All Costs
11. Mission of Honor
12. A Rising Thunder

The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington, #2) by David Weber The Short Victorious War (Honor Harrington, #3) by David Weber Field of Dishonor (Honor Harrington, #4) by David Weber Flag in Exile (Honor Harrington, #5) by David Weber Honor Among Enemies (Honor Harrington, #6) by David Weber In Enemy Hands (Honor Harrington, #7) by David Weber Echoes of Honor (Honor Harrington, #8) by David Weber Ashes of Victory (Honor Harrington, #9) by David Weber War of Honor (Honor Harrington, #10) by David Weber At All Costs (Honor Harrington, #11) by David Weber Mission of Honor (Honor Harrington, #12) by David Weber A Rising Thunder (Honor Harrington, #13) by David Weber

X. 2012 Releases

1. Cold Days by Jim Butcher
2. Black Dawn by Rachel Caine
3. Timeless by Gail Carriger
4. Undead and Unstable by MaryJanice Davidson
5. Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
6. A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison
7. Under a Vampire Moon by Lynsay Sands
8. Kitty Steals the Show by Carrie Vaughn
9. Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Cold Days (The Dresden Files, #14) by Jim Butcher Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12) by Rachel Caine Timeless (The Parasol Protectorate, #5) by Gail Carriger Undead and Unstable (Undead, #11) by MaryJanice Davidson Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs A Perfect Blood (The Hollows, #10) by Kim Harrison Under a Vampire Moon (Argeneau, #16) by Lynsay Sands Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville #10) by Carrie Vaughn Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Number of Books: 50
Challenge Description: Cleaning out my home library!

message 8: by Debbie (last edited Jan 01, 2012 11:28AM) (new)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Last year I set the goal to high and so didn't do very good. I am making the goal more attainable this year and allowing myself a new book once a month :)
I have a friend that recently got married, so I have wedding on my brain and came up with a Wedding related challenge for myself. At the same time it gets me to read some of my books that have been sitting on my shelf for a while collecting dust. I think this one will be much more do-able.

2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Duration: January 1, 2012 to December 31, 2012
Wedded Books Challenge: - 4 x 12 = 48 books
Read
Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed & Something Blue

Something Old - a book that's been on my shelf for a while (not necessarily on my GR tbr)

Something New - a newly acquired book (including purchases and reviewers copies)

Something Borrowed - a book not mine and will not be mine (library or friends)

Something Blue - a blue cover, blue in title or in author name.

Lady Jaye (lady-jaye) | 140 comments Debbie, your challenge sounds really cool!

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Thanks, like I said - weddings on the brain.
I don't mind sharing if you (or anyone) wants to use all or part :)

Anna's Herding Cats! (herdingcats-burningsoup) Hope I did this right :)

Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Number of Books: 45
Challenge Description: Hi, I'm new! Read 25 new to me authors, 20 new to me series by authors I read!

New Authors

New Series

message 12: by FlibBityFLooB (last edited Aug 18, 2012 08:25AM) (new)

FlibBityFLooB I'm always looking for a good excuse to read historical romances since they typically don't fit into my other challenges very well. So, this year, my personal challenge is going to be to read 24 historical romances...

Historical Romance Personal Challenge

9 of 24 read

1. An Agreement Among Gentlemen - 1/11/12
2. The Deed - 1/16/12
3. Storming the Castle - 1/29/12
4. Simply Unforgettable - 2/21/12
5. A Rogue By Any Other Name - 3/10/12
6. Discreet Young Gentleman - 3/19/12
7. The Duke's Perfect Wife - 6/1/12
8. A Night Like This - 6/7/12
9. His Client - 8/17/12

An Agreement Among Gentlemen by Chris Owen The Deed (Deed, #1) by Lynsay Sands Storming the Castle by Eloisa James Simply Unforgettable (Simply Quartet 1) by Mary Balogh A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1) by Sarah MacLean Discreet Young Gentleman by M.J. Pearson The Duke's Perfect Wife (Highland Pleasures, #4) by Jennifer Ashley A Night Like This (Smythe-Smith Quartet #2) by Julia Quinn His Client by Ava March

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 328 comments Danielle's RRRC Create Your Own Challenge 2012
Description: Read a minimum of 45 books off your Kindle device, of any genre. Only qualification is that they are read on the Kindle reader.
Duration: January 1-December 31, 2012
Update:
Completed: X/45

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 639 comments I'm going to try this one

message 15: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 21, 2012 12:42PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments I LOVE animals and pets. Some of the names I run across are pretty clever or funny.
I also LOVE J.D. Robb's In Death series. So, I'm going to do two Personal Challenges.

~ A-Z Pets' Names ~

17/26

A. - ✔ Angus, Graham Keith's muddy-footed spaniel (Graham is a college professor
             and son of Carrie's landlord)
             The Winter Sea, by Susanna Kearsley ★★★★✩ audible.com 5/3
B. - ✔ Buster, Tate’s petite, female cat that he adores and spoils.
             Sweet Dreams, by Kristen Ashley ★★★★✩ Kindle 1/14 “buddy read”
C. - ✔ Chet the Jet, sidekick (& dog) of P.I. Bernie.
             Dog on It, by Spencer Quinn ★★★★✩ OneClickDigital 2/29
D. - ✔ Dewey, the famous library cat!
             Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World,
             by Vicki Myron ★★★★✩Library e-book 1/14
E. - ✔ Effrijim (A.K.A. Jim), Aisling demon Newfoundland
             You Slay Me, by Katie MacAlister ★★★★✩ OneClickDigital 3/6
F. - ✔ Fiddat (translates to “Silver”) is Ysabeau’s horse, an Andalusian gray mare.
             A Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness ★★★★★ CDs to iPod/Touch 4/28
G. - ✔ Galahad, Rourke & Eve's fat grey cat that has one green eye & one gold.
             Naked in Death, by J.D. Robb
H. -
I. - ✔ Izzy, Jax's three-year-old brown lab.
             Head Over Heels, by Jill Shalvis ★★★★½ Library-PB 4/7
J. -  ✔ Jock, Edward's loyal, loveable mastiff, with terrible timing.
             The Raven Prince, by Elizabeth Hoyt ★★★★★ PB 2/10
K. - ✔ Kitchener, Brad’s Old English Sheepdog, finds a dead body down by the river.
             The Mournful Teddy, by John J. Lamb ★★★★★ Library-PB 4/10
L. - ✔ Lurch, Angus' deaf horse who has been with him through several wars.
             Colorado Dawn, by Kaki Warner ★★★★¼ PB 1/21
M. - ✔ Medea, Mercy's cat was a stray; has rabbit-like fur; big green-gold eyes;
              most cats don't like werewolves-or walkers, yet Medea likes everyone;
              has done a bit of damage to the back of Mercy's couch.
              Iron Kissed, by Patricia Briggs ★★★★✩ OneClickDigital 2/1
N. - ✔ Nellie, a rolpie, which "resembles a seal armed with a long tail and four wide
              half legs framed with flat flippers, and an otter head."
              Bayou Moon, by Ilona Andrews ★★★½✩ PB 3/19
O. - Oberon, hound in Hounded, by Kevin Hearne (ODA)
P. - ✔ Pudgemuffin, AKA "Madam Pudgemuffin," the chubby calico, an unflappable
             creature much like her master, Lord Akeldama in the Parasol Protectorate series;
             Timeless, by Gail Carriger ★★★★½ audible.com 6/7
Q. -
R. - ✔ Rex, Stephanie's shy hampter.
             Sizzling Sixteen, by Janet Evanovich ★★★½✩ ODA 1/2
S. - ✔ Sorel, Houston's checker playing horse.
             Texas Destiny, Texas Glory, Texas Splendor, by Lorraine Heath ★★★★★ HC 3/3
T. -
U. -
V. -
W. -
X. -
Y. - ✔ Yukon, half dog/half wolf; pet of a client Kara interviews.
             Extreme Exposure, by Pamela Clare ★★★★✩ Kindle 6/14
Z. -

Read
The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #1) by Spencer Quinn Dewey  The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron You Slay Me (Aisling Grey  Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness description Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis The Raven Prince (Princes Trilogy, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt The Mournful Teddy (A Bear Collector's Mystery #1) by John J. Lamb Colorado Dawn (Runaway Brides, #2) by Kaki Warner Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews Timeless (Parasol Protectorate, #5) by Gail Carriger Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich Texas Destiny, Texas Glory, Texas Splendor by Lorraine Heath Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare

Currently Reading

To Read
Hounded (Iron Druid Chronicles, #1) by Kevin Hearne

~A Year of In Death ~

6/24

January - nothing
February - nothing
March - 2
Naked in Death, by J.D. Robb ★★★★★ OneClickDigital 3/23 (re-read!)
Loyalty in Death, by J.D. Robb ★★★★★ PB 3/23
April -
May -
Witness in Death, by J.D. Robb ★★★★★ & a Wow!
Judgment in Death, by J.D. Robb ★★★★★ & a Wow!
June -
Betrayal in Death, J.D. Robb ★★★★★ ODA 6/12 “buddy read”
Interlude in Death, by J.D. Robb ★★★★½ ODA 6/12
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

Read

description Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Witness in Death (In Death, #10) by J.D. Robb Judgment in Death (In Death, #11) by J.D. Robb Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb Interlude in Death (In Death, #12.5) by J.D. Robb

To Read
Seduction in Death (In Death, #13) by J.D. Robb Reunion in Death (In Death, #14) by J.D. Robb Purity in Death (In Death, #15) by J.D. Robb
Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Imitation in Death (In Death, #17) by J.D. Robb Divided in Death (In Death, #18) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb Survivor In Death (In Death, #20) by J.D. Robb Origin in Death (In Death, #21) by J.D. Robb Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb Haunted in Death (In Death, #22.5) by J.D. Robb
Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb Eternity in Death (In Death, #24.5) by Susan Ericksen Creation in Death (In Death, #25) by J.D. Robb Strangers in Death (In Death, #26) by J.D. Robb Salvation in Death (In Death, #27) by J.D. Robb Ritual in Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Promises in Death (In Death, #28) by J.D. Robb

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 328 comments Everyone has very cool challenges. Good luck!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments Thanks, Lady D!

message 18: by Mojca (last edited Jan 03, 2012 07:15AM) (new)

Mojca | 890 comments I'm using the same 'format' as last year.

Challenge title: (Almost) Everything must go!
Duration: January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012
Challenge Description: Read 50 books (of any genre) that were added to the TBR pile before January 1, 2012. Only books from the TBR pile allowed, no re-reads! Also, only books with more than 100 (e)pages count. (The date in brackets is the date the book was added to my TBR shelf!)

1. Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves by Matthew Reilly (21/31/2011) — 01/01

message 19: by Lacy (last edited Jan 03, 2012 09:16AM) (new)

Lacy (Lacy_Stewart) | 1645 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Challenge Description: Cleaning out my home library! Read books that I own that are on my TBR list.

1. Manhunt by Janet Evanovich - 1/1/2012 - 4 Stars

Manhunt by Janet Evanovich

message 20: by Nicola (last edited Jan 02, 2012 05:07PM) (new)

Nicola | 640 comments 0/46 completed
My book basket has overflown to take over my reading corner. This year I challenge myself to clear up this corner by reading the books and either returning them or passing them on to someone else. They are all recommendations from other people. If nothing else, my husband will be pleased that I have begun to clean it up! Then I will work on my basement shelves! (46 books)
Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You by Alice Munro The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds, #4) by Linda Lael Miller Creed's Honor (The Creed Cowboys, #2) by Linda Lael Miller Eats, Shoots  &  Leaves  The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss Little Bee by Chris Cleave Me to We  Finding Meaning in a Material World by Craig Kielburger Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb Certain Girls (Cannie Shapiro #2) by Jennifer Weiner Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1) by Linda Castillo The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer Children of My Heart by Gabrielle Roy 666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue #1) by Gabriella Pierce A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah Brick Lane by Monica Ali Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill Rough Justice (Rosato and Associates Series #5) by Lisa Scottoline Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) by Dean Koontz Atonement by Ian McEwan Convictions  by Maureen McKade The Birth House by Ami McKay When Alice Lay Down With Peter by Margaret Sweatman When Alice Lay Down With Peter by Margaret Sweatman The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner The Book of Secrets by M.G. Vassanji A good house by Bonnie Burnard Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones Sula by Toni Morrison White Fire by Fern Michaels Runaway by Alice Munro Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali by Gil Courtemanche The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova Great Expectations by Charles Dickens By the Time You Read This by Giles Blunt All the Rivers Run by Nancy Cato Lovers & Players by Jackie Collins Toujours Provence by Peter Mayle A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle French Lessons  Adventures with Knife, Fork, and Corkscrew by Peter Mayle Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci Teacher Man by Frank McCourt In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje The Wish List by Eoin Colfer Such a Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry

Katherine (kebrand0112) | 158 comments Challenge Title:Clean and expand!
Duration:January 1, 2012-December 31, 2012
Number of Books:60
Challenge Description: I will be working to clean my to-read of books that have been collecting dust(so to speak), and to read a greater variety of books.
List of Books: I will be posting as I go.

Dragana (bookwormdreams) | 783 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I LOVE animals and pets. Some of the names I run across are pretty clever or funny.
I also LOVE J.D. Robb's In Death series. So, I'm going to do two Personal Challenges.

~ A-Z Pet..."

I love the idea with A-Z pet names challenge Lisa Kay. :) I see you are missing a B, if you don't find nothing else, there is a dog named Bowie in a All I Ever Wanted.

message 24: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jan 07, 2012 12:26PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments Dragana wrote: I love the idea with A-Z pet names challenge Lisa Kay. :) I see you are missing a B, if you don't find nothing else, there is a dog named Bowie in a All I Ever Wanted by Kristan Higgins.

Thanks, Dragana! I've actually read that one, but thanks for the reminder of this author! I had looked at Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins and forgotten about it. And I love a good road trip! ☺ Wonder what the dog's name is?

message 25: by Lindy-Lane (last edited Dec 12, 2012 04:19PM) (new)

Lindy-Lane (moonbacklit) | 367 comments RR-2012 Create your Own Challenge

Duration: 1.1.12 - 12.31.12
# of books = 100
Challenge description: books read that I all ready own

Will post books as I read along.

52/100 READ ; Updated 11.21.12

1. Matilda by Roald Dahl(1.2)
2. Christmas in Cedar Cove by Debbie Macomber (1.6)
3. A Fatal Waltz by Tasha Alexander (1.13)
4. The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King (1.16)
5. Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese(1.21)
6. Touch the Wild Wind by Cassie Edwards (1.28)
7. Guests Of My Life by Elizabeth Watson (1.27)
8. Forbidden Falls by Robyn Carr (1.30)
9. Murder on a Hot Tin Roof by Amanda Matetsky (2.6)
10. Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy (2.8)
11. The Crying Child by Barbara Michaels (2.10)
12. State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy (2.13)
13. Skin Deep (O'Hurley's Return) (O'Hurleys #3) by Nora Roberts (2.15)
14. The Moai Murders by Lyn Hamilton(2.17)
15. The Sea King's Daughter by Barbara Michaels (3.13)
16. Green Darkness by Anya Seton (3.26)
17. Sisters by Danielle Steel (4.2)
18. B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton (4.6)
19. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (4.9)
20. Zeitoun by Dave Eggers (4.12)
21. Angel's Peak by Robyn Carr (4.13)
22. The Secret Pearl by Mary Balogh (4.15)
23. Sugar Creek by Toni Blake (4.28)
24. Sullivan's Woman by Nora Roberts (4.29)
25. Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr (5.1)
26. March by Geraldine Brooks (5.7)
27. The Spring of the Tiger by Victoria Holt (5.10)
28. Dawn's Prelude by Tracie Peterson (5.14)
29. The Complete Idiot's Guide to T'Ai Chi and Qigong: Illustrated with DVD (Complete Idiot's Guides by Bill Douglas (5.15)
30. Henry V by William Shakespeare (5.16)
31. 92 Pacific Boulevard by Debbie Macomber (5.22)
32. Cat Among the Pigeons by Agatha Christie (6.13)
33. Redwood Bend by Robyn Carr(6.14)
34. No Angel by Penny Vincenzi (6.17)
35. Hidden Summit by Robyn Carr (6.30)
36. The Summer Hideaway by Susan Wiggs (7.15)
37. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James (7.20)
38. Vision in White by Nora Roberts (7.22)
39. 8 Sandpiper Way by Debbie Macomber (8.4)
40. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough (8.21)
41. Pale Demon by Kim Harrison (8.24)
42. The Ninth Daughterby Barbara Hamilton (9.2)
43. Mistress of Mellyn by Victoria Holt (9.14)
44. Forty Signs of Rain by Kim Stanley Robinson (9.17)
45. The Elegant Gathering of White Snows by Kris Radish (10.2)
46. The Kiss by Danielle Steel (10.19)
47. Red Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson (11.1)
48. Wild Man Creek by Robyn Carr (11.3)
49. Death in the Clouds by Agatha Christie (11.6)
50. Hothouse Orchid by Stuart Woods(11.11)
51. Aunt Dimity Goes West by Nancy Atherton (11.16)
52. Murder Past Due by Miranda James (11.21)

Toni | 255 comments I didn't finish this one last year so going to try it again.

Challenge Title: 50 States & 1 District
Duration: 1/1/12 to 12/31/12
# of Books: 51
Challenge description: Read one book set in each state & the District of Columbia

Maine -
Vermont -
New Hampshire -
Pennsylvania -
New York -
Delaware -
New Jersey -
Delaware -
Maryland -
Rhode Island -
Connecticut -
Massachusetts -
West Virgina -
Virgina -
North Carolina -
South Carolina -
Georgia - Beautiful Demons by Sarra Cannon 1/1/12
Florida -
Tennessee -
Kentucky -
Ohio -
Indiana -
Illinois -
Missouri -
Nebraska -
Iowa -
Arkansas -
Kansas -
Oklahoma -
Mississippi -
Louisiana -
Alabama -
Texas -
Colorado -
Wyoming -
Nevada -
Utah -
New Mexico -
Arizona -
California -
Oregon -
Washington -
Idaho -
Montana -
Michigan -
South Dakota -
North Dakota -
Wisconsin -
Alaska -
Hawaii -
Minnesota -
Washington D.C. -

Mrs.soule (Mrssoule) | 212 comments I'm in!

Challenge Title: Books to Brag About
Duration: Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012
Number of Books: 20 non-fiction & 10 “smart” fiction
Challenge Description: This is the same thing I did last year, because I read some truly amazing books this way – but smaller, so maybe I’ll finish this time! This year I want to read more of the anthropology, social justice, and environmental non-fiction I keep adding to my TBR list and some of the more “intellectual” (aka literary) fiction I really want to read but keep putting off because I’ve got to know what happens to the hero’s seriously hot but damaged best friend in the next book of the series.

Book List:

Nonfiction read: 0/20
“Smart” books read: 0/10

Non-fiction:

1. Deep Economy: The Wealth of Communities and the Durable Future
2. Doing Faithjustice
3. Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader
4. Going Local: Creating Self-Reliant Communities in a Global Age
5. Indian Givers: How the Indians of the Americas Transformed the World
6. My Patients were Zulus
7. Reading Lolita in Tehran
8. The Uses of Enchantment: The Meaning and Importance of Fairy Tales
9. Margin: Restoring Emotional, Physical, Financial, and Time Reserves to Overloaded Lives
10. Hope Has Its Reasons
11. Profiles in Courage for Our Time
12. A Walk in the Woods
13. The Wilderness Family: At Home with Africa’s Wildlife
14. Annapurna
15. The Transition Handbook
16. The World Without Us
17. The Joy of Books
18. Anthropological Insights for Missionaries
19. Pathologies of Power
20. Bring Me a Unicorn

“Smart”:
1. Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
2. Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
3. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kessey
4. Veronika Decides to Die by Paulo Coelho
5. What Dreams May Come by Richard Matheson
6. The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler
7. Little, Big by John Crowley
8. The Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
9. A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon
10. The Collected Stories by Grace Paley

message 28: by Julianna (last edited Nov 30, 2012 03:53PM) (new)

Julianna (AuthorJuliannaD) | 1322 comments I'm going to continue with what I did last year and add a little to it.

Challenge Title: The Triple Challenge
Duration: Jan 1, 2012 – Dec 31, 2012
Number of Books: 12/16

Part I - 10 Oldest TBR Books
Read the 10 oldest books from my GoodReads TBR list. I'm making an exception for one book that I added not knowing it was part of a series that I'm not caught up on and replacing it with the next book on the TBR list.

1.Bad Boys Over Easy by Erin McCarthy, Jordan Summers, Jen Nicholas (2/23)★★★★
2.Come What May by Leslie LaFoy (11/19)★★★★
3.Prince Charming by Julie Garwood (6/19)★★★★1/2
4.Sugar Daddy by Lisa Kleypas (9/19)★★★★★
5.Issue of Trust by Lorie O'Clare (10/11)★★★
6.Heart of Gold by Jessica Bird (11/28)★★★★
7.Having Her Boss's Baby by Susan Mallery (3/14)★★★★1/2
8.Riding the Storm by Sydney Croft (8/31)★★★★★
9.Where Have all the Cowboys Gone? by Kate Pearce (5/21)★★★
10.A Deal With the Devil by Liz Carlyle (11/13)★★★★★

Completed 10/10
Bad Boys Over Easy by Erin McCarthy Come What May by Leslie LaFoy Prince Charming by Julie Garwood Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Issue of Trust by Lorie O'Clare Heart of Gold by Jessica Bird Having Her Boss's Baby (Silhouette Special Edition #1759) by Susan Mallery Riding the Storm (ACRO, #1) by Sydney Croft Where Have all the Cowboys Gone? (Turner Brothers, #1) by Kate Pearce A Deal With the Devil (Lorimer Family & Clan Cameron #4) by Liz Carlyle

Part II - Book to Movie
Read at least three books that were made into movies and then watch the movie.
1.The Help by Kathryn Stockett (1/23)★★★★★ *MW (2/4)
2.Loves Long Journey by Janette Oke (10/4)★★★★★ *MW (10/18)

Read 2/3
*MW = Movies Watched 2/3
The Help by Kathryn Stockett Love's Long Journey (Love Comes Softly #3) by Janette Oke

Part III - Finish Anthologies
I kind of have a habit of starting anthologies because of one particular story and then not finishing them. So, I'm going to finish all anthologies started the previous year unless one of the stories in it is part of a series that I'm not caught up on.
1.I Brake For Bad Boys
2.Love at First Bite
3.Three Weddings and a Kiss

Read 0/3

message 29: by Lacy (last edited Feb 10, 2012 08:25PM) (new)

Challenge Description: Cleaning out my home library! Read books that I own that are on my TBR list.

2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - 1/10/2012 - 5 Stars
3. Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich - 2/1/2012 - 4 Stars
4. Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz - 2/9/2012 - 3 Stars

Manhunt by Janet Evanovich The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) by Jayne Ann Krentz

message 30: by Kay (last edited Jan 12, 2012 04:49PM) (new)

Kay (KayLovesToRead) | 82 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge

2012 Birthday Countdown Challenge
Challenge Description: Read one book published in each year since by birth

~~~~ moving over to A Lifetime of Books Challenge.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 31: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8866 comments Kay wrote: "Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge

Challenge Description: Read one book published in each y..."

You might want to check out A Lifetime of Books Challenge. It is similar to what you have just created.

Kay (KayLovesToRead) | 82 comments Yz the Whyz wrote: "Kay wrote: "Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge

Challenge Description: Read one book pu..."

Oh, thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look like anyone's posted over there in a few years.

message 33: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jan 12, 2012 04:28PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments Oh, yes, I'm posting there, Kay. Check these last few pages. ☺

Kay (KayLovesToRead) | 82 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Oh, yes, I'm posting there, Kay. Check these last few pages. ☺"

Okay ... I didn't go to the end of the thread ... I'm in, moving my challenge over there :)

Anna's Herding Cats! (herdingcats-burningsoup) Toni wrote: "I didn't finish this one last year so going to try it again.

Challenge Title: 50 States & 1 District
Duration: 1/1/12 to 12/31/12
# of Books: 51
Challenge description: Read one book set in each s..."

Oh I love that Toni! Do you mind if I steal it and try too?

message 36: by Catherine (last edited Dec 29, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Catherine | 457 comments I'd like to do this one too! I ahve so many books just sitting on my shelves...

I'm going to do a clear the shelf challenge...to get through books collecting dust..lol I am going to try for 50..but I may amend it as I get through them

I am going to try 100 instead of 50!

Challenge..Clear the Dusty Shelves(all genres included)(some old, some new)
Duration..1/1/12-31/12/12
Number of books..50 (but may amend)

finished:
1..The Tea Rose..Jennifer Donnelly (historical romance)(13 Jan)
2..Tiger's Curse..Colleen Houck (mystery/fantasy romance) (9 Jan)
3..At Home..A Short History of Private Life..Bill Bryson(humour)(14 Jan)
4..Threading the Needle..Marie Bostwick(book 4) (romance)(17 Jan)
5..Needles & Pearls..Gil McNeil(book 2)(romance)(20 Jan)
6. Gap Creek..Robert Morgan(4 Jan)
7. Tiger's Quest..Colleen Houck(book 2)(mystery /fantasy romance)(23 Jan)
8. Queen of Babble..Meg Cabot(book 1)(romance)(3 Feb)
9. Darkfever..Karen Marie Moning(paranormal romance)(book 1)(30 Jan)
10. I'll Never Be French..Mark Greenside(humour, true life)(24 Jan)
11. The Fire(book 3)..James Patterson(fantasy)(27 Jan)
12. Caleb's Crossing..Geraldine Brooks (4 Feb)
13. Actually It Is Your Parents' Fault..Philip Van Muinching, Bernie Katz(self help, inspirational) (5 Feb)
14. Bloodfever..Karen Marie Moning(book 2)(paranormal romance) (5 Feb)
15. Queen of Babble In the Big City..Meg Cabot(romance)(book 2)(9 Feb)
16. Next to Love..Ellen Feldman (9 Feb)
17. Tiger's Voyage(book 3)(mystery/fantasy romance)(13 Feb)
18. Queen of Babble Gets Hitched(book 3)(romance)(15 Feb)
19. Faefever..Karen Marie Moning(book 3)(18 Feb)
20. City of Bones..Cassandra Clare(book 1)(19 Feb)
21. The Paris Wife..Paula McLain(23 Feb)
22. Knit One Pearl One..Gil McNeil(book 3)(27 Feb)
23. Toujours Provence..Peter Mayle(2 March)
24. Don't Even Think About It..Laura Henderson(3 March)
25. Dreamfever..Karen Marie Moning(book 4)(6 March)
26. Anna Dressed in Blood..Kendare Blake(9 March)
27. A Dublin Student Doctor..Patrick Taylor(book 6)(15 March)
28. Half-Broke Horses..Jeanette Walls(17 March)
29. The Lost Flamingoes of Bombay..Siddarth Dhanvant Shanghvi(18 March)
30. Murder on the Eiffel Tower..Claude Izner(book 1)(22 March)
31. An Echo in the Bone..Diana Gabaldon(book 7)(29 March)
32. The Illusion of Murder..Carol McCleary(book 2)(31 March)
33. Last Blind Date..Linda Yellin(3 April)
34.The Winter Rose..Jennifer Donnelly(book 2)(7 April)
35. The Disappearance at Père LaChaise..Claude Izner(book 2)(8 April)
36. Shiver..Maggie Stiefvater(book 1)(11 April)
37. The Anti-Romantic Child..Priscilla Gilman(15 April)
38. The Bronze Horseman..Paullina Simons(book 1)(19 April)
39. The Rossetti Letter..Christi Phillips(book 1)(25 April)
40. A Game of Thrones..George R.R. Martin(book 1)(26 April)
41. Divergent..Veronica Roth(book 1)(30 April)
42. The Montmartre Investigation..Claude Izner(book 3)(3 May)
43. Blackberry Wine..Joanne Harris(book 2)(4 May)
44. City of Ashes..Cassandra Clare(book 2)(6 May)
45. Shadowfever..Karen Marie Monig(book 5)(9 May)
46. The Wild Rose..Jennifer DOnnelly(book 3)(11 May)
47. The Ultimate Journey..Jim Stovall(book 3)(13 May)
48. Encore Provence..Peter Mayle(16 May)
49. XVI..Julia Karr(book 1)(17 May)
50. The Rise and Fall of a Domestic Diva..Sarah May(20 May)
51. A Discovery of Witches..Deborah Harkness(book 1)(25 May)
52. The Secret Bride..Diane Haeger(book 1)(28 May)
53. Brava, Valentine..Adriana Trigiani(book 2)(29 May)
54. City of Glass..Cassandra Clare(book 3)(31 May)
55. The Lost Goddess..Tom Knox(7 June)
56. The Secret Garden..Frances Hodgson Burnett(8 June)
57. Dreaming in French..Megan McAndrew(10 June)
58. Five Quarters of the Orange..Joanne Harris(book 3)(11 June)
59. Clockwork Angel..Cassandra Clare(book 1)(15 June)
60. Truth..Julia Karr(book 2)(22 June)
61. Murder on the Cote D'Azure(Little Death by the Sea)..Susan Kiernan-Lewis(book 1)(24 June)
62. Tatiana & Alexander..Paullina Simons(book 2)(29 June)
63. A Good Indian Wife..Anne Dherian(2 July)
64. Magic Bites..Ilona Andrews(book 1)(3 July)
65. The Shelters of Stone..Jean M. Auel(book 5)(8 July)
66. The Lost Hero..Rick Riordan(book 1)(12 July)
67. The Queen's Mistake..Diane Haeger(book 2)(13 July)
68. City of Fallen Angels..Cassandra Clare(book 4)(17 July)
69. The White Queen..Philippa Gregory(book 1)(21 July)
70. The Map of Time..Félix J. Palma(book 1)(27 July)
71. How Will I Know..Sheila O'Flanagan(2 Aug)
72. Murder A La Carte(Toujours Dead)..Susan Kiernan-Lewis(book 2)(8 Aug)
73. The Reluctant Matchmaker..Shobhan Bantwal(14 Aug)
74. The Forty Rules of Love..Elif Shafak(20 Aug)
75. Ties That Bind..Marie Bostwick(book 5)(26 Aug)
76. Nadia Knows Best..Jill Mansell(1 Sept)
77. Linger..Maggie Steifvater(book 2)(4 Sept)
78. Fifty Shades of Grey..E.L. James(book 1)(7 Sept)
79. The Red Queen..Philippa Gregory(book 1)(10 Sept)
80. The House of Silk..Anthiny Horowitz(14 Sept)
81. The Red Pyramid..Rick Riordan(book 1)(17 Sept)
82. Insurgent..Veronica Roth(book 2)(23 Sept)
83. The Island House..Posie Graeme-Evans(25 Sept)
84. Tiger's Destiny..Colleen Houck(book 4)(28 Sept)
85. Clockwork Prince..Cassandra Clare(book 2)(4 Oct)
86. Paris in Love..Eloisa James(7 Oct)
87. The Lady of the Rivers..Philippa Gregory(book 3)(11 Oct)
88. The Unfinished Garden.. Barbara Claypole White(15 Oct)
89. The Son of Neptune..Rick Riordan(book 2)(21 Oct)
90. City of Lost Souls..Cassandra Clare(book 5)(23 Oct)
91. Girl of Nightmares..Kendare Blake(book 2)(27 Oct)
92. The Fire Rose..Mercedes Lackey(book 1)(7 Nov)
93. A Walk in the Park..Jill Mansell(9 Nov)
94. The Enchantress..Michael Scott(book 6)(11 Nov)
95. Fifty Shades Darker..E.L. James(book 2)(13 Nov)
96. Shadow of Night..Deborah Harkness(book 2)(15 Nov)
97. The Things We Cherished..Pam Jenoff(21 Nov)
98. Soulless..Gail Carriger(book 1)(24 Nov)
99. The Summer Garden..Paulinna Simons(book 3)(29 Nov)
100. The Formula for Murder..Carol McCleary(book 3)(4 Dec)
101. The Untethered Soul..Michael A. Singer(7 Dec)
102. A Little Bit Wild..Victoria Dahl(book 1)(8 Dec)
103. An Irish Country Wedding..Patrick Taylor(book 7)(13 Dec)
104. Gabriel's Inferno..Sylvain Reynard(book 1)(17 Dec)
105. Changeless..Gail Carriger(book 2)(19 Dec)
106. It's Always Been You..Victoria Dahl(book 2)(27 Dec)
107. The Mark of Athena..Rick Riordan(book 3)(29 Dec)

message 37: by Barbara ★ (last edited Dec 11, 2012 04:40AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2264 comments Challenge Title: Finish 2010 Challenge Books
Duration: January 1 - December 31, 2012
Number of Books: 55 (2011) 33 (2012)
Challenge Description: Read all books that were on a 2010 challenge that didn't get read in 2011. Since half of these were read in 2011, I'm also going to include the books not read in 2011. I was much better at completing challenges in 2011 so only 10 books missed!
Note: Read 32 of 55 in 2011
2012 GOAL: read 23 books remaining from 2010 plus 10 books missed in 2011 = 33 books total

READ: 23/33

List of Books to Read in 2012:
6 Killer Bodies - Stephanie Bond 2/25/12
Bad Moon Rising - Sherrilyn Kenyon 3/21/12
Be Still My Vampire Heart - Kerrilyn Sparks 1/24/12
Blood Lines - Tanya Huff 7/24/12
Born of Fire - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Born of Ice - Sherrilyn Kenyon
Burning Alive - Shannon Butcher 4/23/12
Call After Midnight - Tess Gerritsen
Captured by the Highlander - Julianne Maclean
Covet - J.R. Ward 5/9/12
Dark Hunger - Rita Herron
Dawnbreaker - Jocelyn Drake
The Demon You Know - Christine Warren
The Devil Who Tamed her - Johanna Lindsey
Havemercy - Jaida Jones 3/25/12
Hidden Fire - Jo Davis 1/16/12
If He's Wicked - Hannah Howell 3/22/12
Lord of Sin - Susan Krinard 7/2512
Lucinda Dangerously - Sunny 5/4/12
My Give A Damns Busted - Carolyn Brown 7/29/12
On Ice - David Ramus 12/10/12
One Hex of A Wedding - Yasmine Galenorn 4/26/12
Red Lily - Nora Roberts 1/18/12
Scorched - Sharon Ashwood 6/3/12
A Scotsman in Love - Karen Ranney
Simply Irresistible - Jill Shalvis 10/18/12
Skykeepers - Jessica Andersen
Sold to a Laird - Karen Ranney 8/11/12
Storm of Shadows - Christina Dodd 11/26/12
Storm of Visions - Christina Dodd 5/6/12
The Viking - Margaret Moore 10/17/12
Waking Nightmare - Kylie Brant 11/9/12
Witch Fury - Anya Bast 3/17/12

List of Books Read in 2011:
Acts of Mercy - Mariah Stewart 5/29/11
An Enchanted Season - Maggie Shayne/Nalini Singh 4/24/11
Ashes of Midnight - Lara Adrian 4/29/11
Beg for Mercy - Toni Andrews 8/10/11
Bloodring - Faith Hunter 1/29/11
Born of Night - Sherrilyn Kenyon 4/17/11
Breaking Midnight - Emma Holly 2/27/11
Dark Slayer - Christine Feehan 2/1/11
The Darkest Passion - Gena Showalter 7/28/11
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson 6/19/11
High Stakes - Erin McCarthy 2/27/11
If Wishing Made It So - Lucy Finn 8/1/11
The Immortal Hunter - Lynsay Sands 6/8/11
Last Dragon Standing - G.A. Aiken 2/26/11
Lover Mine - J.R. Ward 3/15/11
Naked Dragon - Annette Blair 1/17/11
Night's Rose - Annaliese Evans 1/22/11
Passion Untamed - Pamela Palmer 3/5/11
The Phoenix Charm - Helen Scott Taylor 6/9/11
Possess Me at Midnight - Shayla Black 6/15/11
Promises in Death - J.D. Robb 4/20/11
Queen of Song and Souls - C.L. Wilson 11/30/11
The Renegade Hunter - Lynsay Sands 3/17/11
Sea Lord - Virginia Kantra 4/21/11
Seduce Me in Shadow - Shayla Black 4/24/11
Shifting Plains - Jean Johnson 7/31/11
Skin Trade - Laurell K. Hamilton 1/21/11
So Still the Night - Kim Lenox 7/23/11
Storm Born - Richelle Mead 1/16/11
Unhallowed Ground - Heather Graham 5/18/11
Vamps and the City - Kerrilyn Sparks 3/11/11
Walk on the Wild Side - Christine Warren 5/28/11

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments Updated Post #15 Pet Names 3/26

Angie | 481 comments Challenge Title: Dirty Dozen
Duration: 1/1/12 - 31/1/12
Number of Books: 144
Challenge Description: I have split my favourite genres into six categories and I've split paranormal (my favourite) into another six to make twelve categories. The idea is to read 12 books for each category by the end of the year.

Historical
1 - The Soldier - Grace Burrowes
Suspense
1 - Maverick - Lora Leigh
2 - Heat Seeker - Lora Leigh
3 - Nauti Nights - Lora Leigh
4 - Nauti Dreams - Lora Leigh
5 - To The Brink - Cindy Gerard
6 - Over The Line - Cindy Gerard
7 - Black Jack - Cindy Gerard
8 - Under The Wire - Cindy Gerard
9 - Into The Dark - Cindy Gerard
10 - Nauti Intentions - Lora Leigh
Sci Fi
1 - The Scarlet Empress - Susan Grant
2 - Snaring The Huntress - Sylvia Day - January 14
Erotica
1 - Sinjin - Julia Templeton
2 - Blood Song - Eden Bradley - January 16
3 - Night Moves - Eden Bradley - January 1
Young Adult
Contemporary
1 - Charming The Highlander - Janet Chapman
2 - Mouth To Mouth - Erin McCarthy
Paranormal – Vampire
1 - Devoured By Darkness - Alexandra Ivy
2 - Darkness Everlasting - Alexandra Ivy - January 12
3 - Darkness Revealed - Alexandra Ivy
4 - Darkness Unleashed - Alexandra Ivy
5 - Claimed - Rebecca Zanetti - January 8
6 - Beyond The Darkness - Alexandra Ivy
7 - I Only Have Fangs For You - Kathy Love
Paranormal – Shifter
1 - Beyond The Darkness - Alexandra Ivy
2 - Critical Intelligence - Mandy M Roth
3 - Last Wolf Standing - Rhyannon Byrd - January 14
4 - Immortal Seas - Virginia Kantra - January 17
5 - Flashfire - Deborah Cooke
Paranormal – Immortals
1 - Bedeviled - Maureen Child - January 15
Paranormal – Witch
1 - Bound By Shadow - Anna Windsor - January 9
2 - Bound By Light - Anna Windsor
3 - Entice Me At Twilight - Shayla Black - January 13
4 - Missing Magic - Karen Whiddon
Paranormal – Angels and Demons
1 - Fallen - Michele Hauf
2 - Immortal Rider - Larissa Ione - January 11
3 - Envy - J.R. Ward
4 - Demon - Kristina Douglas
Paranormal – Other
1 - Dragon Warrior - Janet Chapman
2 - Immortal Sea - Virginia Kantra
3 - Critical Intelligence - Mandy M Roth
4 - Dragon Warrior - Janet Chapman
5 - Daughter of the Blood - Nancy Holder - January 10

message 40: by Sandy (last edited Jun 16, 2012 09:31AM) (new)

Sandy | 205 comments Since almost all of my reading is fiction I'm going to try and read some nonfiction this year.

Nonfiction reading challenge
Duration 1-1-12 to 12-31-12
Read 25 Non-Fiction books

1. The Kitchen Counter Cooking School: How a Few Simple Lessons Transformed Nine Culinary Novices into Fearless Home Cooks by Kathleen Flinn 1/5
2. The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn 1/12
3. The Eighty Dollar Champion: Snowman, The Horse That Inspired A Nation by Elizabeth Letts 1/14
4. Spiders: The Ultimate Predators by Stephen Dalton 1/21
5. Chickens, Mules and Two Old Fools: Tuck Into a Slice of Andalucan Life by Victoria Tweed 1/24
6. Two Old Fools - Olé by Victoria Tweed 1/26
7. Mao's Last Dancer by Li Cunxin 1/28
8. The Natural World Close Up (Close Up by Giles Sparrow 2/18
9. Katie Up and Down the Hall: The True Story of How One Dog Turned Five Neighbors into a Family by Glenn Plaskin 2/17
10. Sophie, dog overboard : the incredible true adventures of the castaway dog by Emma Pearse 2/26
11. Myths and Mysteries of New Jersey: True Stories of the Unsolved and Unexplained by Fran Capo 3/4
12. A Dog Named Slugger by Leigh Brill 3/8
13. Dean and Me: by Jerry Lewis 4/13
14. The Rhino with Glue-On Shoes: And Other Surprising True Stories of Zoo Vets and their Patients by Lucy H Spelman 4/25
15. You Had Me at Woof: How Dogs Taught Me the Secrets of Happiness by Julie Klam 5/16
16. Making Rounds with Oscar: The Extraordinary Gift of an Ordinary Cat by David Dosa 5/19
17. Oogy: The Dog Only a Family Could Love by Larry Levin 5/24
18. The Dogs Who Came to Stay by George Pitcher 5/26
19. Rin Tin Tin: The Life and the Legend by Susan Orlean 6/3
20. The Good Good Pig: The Extraordinary Life of Christopher Hogwood by Sy Montgomery 6/7
21. A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me by Jon Katz 6/13
22. The Dogs of Bedlam Farm: An Adventure with Sixteen Sheep, Three Dogs, Two Donkeys, and Me by Jon Katz 6/15
23. Izzy & Lenore: Two Dogs, an Unexpected Journey, and Me by Jon Katz 6/17

message 41: by Victoria (last edited Jan 21, 2012 08:57AM) (new)

Victoria (flame_2712) | 126 comments Challenge Title: Read the Shelves!

Description: Read all the books I own. And a little extra task is to write reviews for all of the books.

Duration: 01 February 2012 to 31 January 2013

Total number of books: 130 (my own) + 25 (brother's) = 155

Completed: 0/155

message 42: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jan 24, 2012 10:53AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 2264 comments updated post 38, 3/33 complete

message 43: by Sheila (last edited Feb 14, 2012 12:21PM) (new)

Sheila (Schmoozy) | 83 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Number of Books: 35
Challenge Description: Clean out my personal Library & Kobo E-Reader! Read books I own, or have purchased for Kobo and are on my TBR list from 2011 or earlier.

Completed 7/35

List of Books:

1. The Trophy Wife by Janette Kenny (Kobo) 01.04.12
2. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close (Kobo) 01.05.12
3. Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts (personal library) 01.07.12
4. The Power of Vasilii by Penny Jordan (Kobo) 01.10.12
5. Heartstopper by Joy Fielding (personal library) 01.21.12
6. The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje(Kobo) 01.29.12
7. The Real Rio D'Aquila by Sandra Marton (Kobo) 02.11.12

The Trophy Wife by Janette Kenny Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts The Power of Vasilii by Penny Jordan Heartstopper by Joy Fielding The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje The Real Rio D'Aquila by Sandra Marton

message 44: by Dragana (last edited Apr 30, 2012 12:46AM) (new)

Dragana (bookwormdreams) | 783 comments I have a lot of not-read books in Goodreads Book Compatibility test. I do not have time to read all the missing books this year, but I picked two sections for start. :)

Challenge Title: Level 1 of Read All Books From Goodreads Book Compatibility Test
Duration: 01.01.2012. - 31.12.2012.
Number of Books: 5/13
Challenge Description:
Read all not already read books in Romance & Women's Fiction sections of Goodreads Book Cmpatibility test.

♥ (2/4) Romance Books
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer ☆☆☆ 03.03.
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger ☆☆☆☆☆ 25.02.
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
The Princess Bride by William Goldman
Like Water for Chocolate by Laura Esquivel
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks The Princess Bride  by William Goldman

♥ (3/9)Women's Fiction Books
Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin ☆☆ 06.03.
Good in Bed by Jennifer Weiner ☆☆ 17.03.
Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin
The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank ☆☆ 30.04.
Jemima J: A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans by Jane Green
Mr. Maybe by Jane Green
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood by Rebecca Wells Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella The Nanny Diaries (Nanny #1) by Emma McLaughlin Good in Bed (Cannie Shapiro, #1) by Jennifer Weiner Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank Jemima J  A Novel About Ugly Ducklings and Swans by Jane Green Mr. Maybe by Jane Green

Nicola | 640 comments I am adding to my "Clean out the book basket" challenge! I am currently signed up for four A-Z challenges (female character, male character, author, book title). In order to hopefully help clear out the basket I am going to try to limit my cross over in these challenges to 5-14 books -- 5 for the difficult letters, 14 because my current year long goal is 90 books. If I increase my year long goal, I will decrease the amount of crossover I allow to a minimum of 5.

Could be difficult, especially considering my self-imposed book buying ban!

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1868 comments Updated Post #15

~ A-Z Pets' Names ~ = 6/26
J.D. Robb In Death series = 0/24

message 47: by Lacy (last edited Feb 13, 2012 03:16PM) (new)

2. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson - 1/10/2012 - 5 Stars
3. Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich - 2/1/2012 - 4 Stars
4. Running Hot by Jayne Ann Krentz - 2/9/2012 - 3 Stars
5. To Tame a Dangerous Lord by Nicole Jordan - 2/12/2012 - 3 Stars
6. Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts - 2/13/2012 - 5 Stars

Manhunt by Janet Evanovich The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson Wife for Hire by Janet Evanovich Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) by Jayne Ann Krentz To Tame a Dangerous Lord (Courtship Wars, #5) by Nicole Jordan Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2) by Nora Roberts

message 48: by Jennifer (last edited Mar 25, 2012 06:45PM) (new)

Jennifer Recchio (JenniferRecchio) | 5 comments Going to steal the reading the home library idea!

Challenge Title: Clean the Shelves
Duration: 2/12/12 - 7/1/12
Number of Books: 40
Challenge Description: Go through the physical books I own so I can donate them before I move.

Completed: 1/40
List of Books:

Crazy for Love by Victoria Dahl

Sheila (Schmoozy) | 83 comments Challenge Title: 2012 Create-Your-Own Reading Challenge
Number of Books: 35
Challenge Description: Clean out my personal Library & Kobo E-Reader! Read books I own, or have purchased for Kobo and are on my TBR list from 2011 or earlier.

Completed 7/35

List of Books:

1. The Trophy Wife by Janette Kenny (Kobo) 01.04.12
2. Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close (Kobo) 01.05.12
3. Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts (personal library) 01.07.12
4. The Power of Vasilii by Penny Jordan (Kobo) 01.10.12
5. Heartstopper by Joy Fielding (personal library) 01.21.12
6. The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje(Kobo) 01.29.12
7. The Real Rio D'Aquila by Sandra Marton (Kobo) 02.11.12

The Trophy Wife by Janette Kenny Girls in White Dresses by Jennifer Close Chasing Fire by Nora Roberts The Power of Vasilii by Penny Jordan Heartstopper by Joy Fielding The Cat's Table by Michael Ondaatje The Real Rio D'Aquila by Sandra Marton

Nicola | 640 comments Challenge Update
4/46 completed

My book basket has overflown to take over my reading corner. This year I challenge myself to clear up this corner by reading the books and either returning them or passing them on to someone else. They are all recommendations from other people. If nothing else, my husband will be pleased that I have begun to clean it up! Then I will work on my basement shelves! (46 books)
TO READ:
Something I've Been Meaning to Tell You by Alice Munro The Love of a Good Woman by Alice Munro A Creed Country Christmas (Montana Creeds, #4) by Linda Lael Miller Creed's Honor (The Creed Cowboys, #2) by Linda Lael Miller Eats, Shoots  &  Leaves  The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss Little Bee by Chris Cleave Me to We  Finding Meaning in a Material World by Craig Kielburger Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult The Best Laid Plans by Terry Fallis The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb Certain Girls (Cannie Shapiro #2) by Jennifer Weiner The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (Twilight, #3.5) by Stephenie Meyer 666 Park Avenue (666 Park Avenue, #1) by Gabriella Pierce A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah Brick Lane by Monica Ali Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill Rough Justice by Lisa Scottoline Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2) by Dean Koontz Atonement by Ian McEwan Convictions  by Maureen McKade The Birth House by Ami McKay When Alice Lay Down With Peter by Margaret Sweatman The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing The Pursuit of Happyness by Chris Gardner The Book of Secrets by M.G. Vassanji Good House by Bonnie Burnard Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones Sula by Toni Morrison Whitefire by Fern Michaels Runaway by Alice Munro Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro A Sunday at the Pool in Kigali by Gil Courtemanche The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova Great Expectations by Charles Dickens By the Time You Read This by Giles Blunt Toujours Provence by Peter Mayle A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle French Lessons  Adventures with Knife, Fork, and Corkscrew by Peter Mayle Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci Teacher Man by Frank McCourt In the Skin of a Lion by Michael Ondaatje The Wish List by Eoin Colfer Such A Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry
READ:
All the Rivers Run by Nancy Cato Lovers & Players by Jackie Collins Children of My Heart by Gabrielle Roy Sworn to Silence (Kate Burkholder, #1) by Linda Castillo

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Lover (other topics)
Hunting Season (other topics)
Cry Wolf (other topics)
Eternal Rider (other topics)
Black Dawn (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lorraine Heath (other topics)
J.D. Robb (other topics)