Avoca Book Club discussion

Kindle/ereader > Nook Freebies and deals

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Magpie67 (new)

Magpie67 | 1043 comments Mod
I thought Sandy could update us on this great news since she owns this device. Sometimes the same books are on sale on both!

message 3: by Magpie67 (new)

Sweet!

message 6: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 834 comments Thanks Sandy!! I downloaded Fate by Tallulah Grace. It sounded really good!! Best part...it was FREE!! LOL

message 8: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 834 comments I read a book by Deborah Crombie some time back...Where Memories Lie. When I get my replacement Kindle, I'll have to come back & check out some of your titles! It's my understanding my new Kindle allows the reader to sort books into collections & it holds over 3,000 books! OMG!!! LOL
I have (or had) over 700+ on my Kindle. They (at Amazon) said I'll still have them & shouldn't have to re-download them. Keeping fingers crossed!! :)

message 9: by Magpie67 (new)

I met Deborah Crombie!!!!

message 10: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 834 comments Magpie67 wrote: "I met Deborah Crombie!!!!"

NO WAY!!! You are soooo lucky! I bet she was really nice, wasn't she?? How long ago did you meet her? Did you get to speak one-on-one with her???

message 11: by Magpie67 (new)

Yes, she was nice and funny! About 2 years ago in Omaha at the Mayhem author event. Told her I tried to listen to her first book via audio and I just knew I had to phyically read. Too much description while I was driving to get into the story. So I bought a copy and had her sign it!!

message 12: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 834 comments You're so lucky! I wish I could meet an author two. Who am I kidding?? I would be happy if I could find a book signed by an author...LOL

message 13: by Magpie67 (new)

I know... I wish I had more time to get to more of them in Omaha...

message 14: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 834 comments I think the close book signings/author appearences are in Charlotte which is 6 hours away. They might have some in Raleigh but that's 4 hours away. Oh well...I will live vicariously (sp?) thru you!! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The James Charade (other topics)
The Horribles (other topics)
Cage of Bone (other topics)
If You Go Into The Woods (other topics)
Big Easy (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nathaniel Lambert (other topics)
David Gaughran (other topics)
James McLaughlin (other topics)