75 Books discussion

Archive (2012 Completed!) > SuziQ's 2012 Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 94) (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon

Looking forward to another year with this fun group. I'll finish 2011 with 80 books, which is one less than last year. Hoping to boost that up a bit in 2012.

message 2: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon Since I finished 2009 with 81 books and 2010 with 80 books I've also joined the Goodreads 2012 reading challenge with a goal of 85 books this year.

message 3: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1436 comments Mod
SuziQ, I'm glad to see you continuing on with us, too. Looking forward to a great reading year in 2012. Love clicking on your blog links, so I hope you'll continue that. I've discovered a lot of great books 'cuz of you!

message 4: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #1 - Before the Poison  A Novel by Peter Robinson Before the Poison by Peter Robinson

My blog post about this book is at this link.

message 5: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #2 - Start Shooting  A Novel by Charlie NewtonStart Shooting by Charlie Newton

message 6: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #3 - The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka

message 7: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #4 - Career Distinction  Stand Out by Building Your Brand by William Arruda Career Distinction by William Arruda and Kirsten Dixson

I only read it because it was assigned for a work project. It was not pertinent to where I am in my career and life.

message 8: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #5 - Pronto by Elmore Leonard Pronto by Elmore Leonard

message 9: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #6 - Missing Persons (Kate Conway Mysteries, #1) by Clare O'Donohue Missing Persons by Clare O'Donohue

message 10: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #7 - Treasure Of Khan (Dirk Pitt, #19) by Clive Cussler The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler

message 11: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #8 - Accidents of Providence by Stacia M. Brown Accidents of Providence by Stacia M. Brown

message 12: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #9 - The Winter Palace  A Novel Of Catherine The Great by Eva Stachniak THe Winter Palace: A Novel of Catherine the Great by Eva Stachniak

message 13: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #10 - New Tricks (Andy Carpenter Series, #7) by David Rosenfelt New Tricks by David Rosenfelt

message 14: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #11 - Blue Monday (Frieda Klein, #1) by Nicci French Blue Monday by Nicci French

message 15: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #12 - Hail to the Chef (A White House Chef Mystery #2) by Julie Hyzy Hail to the Chef by Julie Hyzy

message 16: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #13 - A Good American by Alex George A Good American by Alex George

message 17: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #14 - Judge & Jury by James Patterson Judge & Jury by James Patterson and Andrew Gross

message 18: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #15 - Rules of Civility  A Novel by Amor Towles Rules of Civility by Amor Towles

My blog post about this book is at this link,.

message 19: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #16 - Elegy for Eddie (Maisie Dobbs #9) by Jacqueline Winspear Elegy for Eddie by Jacqueline Winspear

message 20: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #17 - The Dispatcher by Ryan David Jahn The Dispatcher by Ryan David Jahn

message 21: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #18 - The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan

message 22: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #19 - The Giver by Lois Lowry The Giver by Lois Lowry

message 23: by Suziqoregon (last edited Apr 15, 2012 09:33PM) (new)

Suziqoregon #20 - The Hangman (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache Novella) by Louise Penny The Hangman by Louise Penny

message 24: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #21 - Lottery by Patricia Wood Lottery by Patricia Wood
This one was a re-read via audio for me, so I had The Hubster review it for the blog.

The Hubster's review of the audiobook is at this link.

message 25: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #22 - Fish!  A Proven Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results by Stephen C. Lundin Fish by Stephen Lundin, Harry Paul and John Christensen.

Had to read this one for a work projet. Still worthwhile info.

message 26: by Suziqoregon (last edited Apr 30, 2012 11:06AM) (new)

Suziqoregon #23 - Threat Warning (Jonathan Grave, #3) by John Gilstrap Threat Warning by John Gilstrap

message 27: by Suziqoregon (last edited Apr 30, 2012 11:00AM) (new)

Suziqoregon #24 - Dog Tags by David Rosenfelt Dog Tags by David Rosenfelt

message 28: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #25 - The Silent Hour (Lincoln Perry Series #4) by Michael Koryta The Silent Hour by Michael Koryta

message 29: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #26 - The Golden Spiders by Rex Stout The Golden Spiders by Rex Stout

message 30: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #27 - My Dog Tulip by J.R. Ackerley My Dog Tulip by J.R. Ackerley

message 31: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #28 - For the Love of Mike (Molly Murphy Mysteries #3) by Rhys Bowen For the Love of Mike by Rhys Bowen

message 32: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #29 - The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel The Lola Quartet by Emily St. John Mandel

message 33: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #30 - The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff The Duchess of Bloomsbury Street by Helene Hanff

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2536 comments Mod
Suzi, I liked your review of The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan. I really want to read this one!

message 35: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon Andrea wrote: "Suzi, I liked your review of The Lifeboat by Charlotte Rogan. I really want to read this one!"

Oh good - it's an interesting one - perfect for book clubs - so much to talk about.

message 36: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #31 - Beach Road by James Patterson Beach Road by James Patterson and Peter de Jonge

message 37: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #32 - The Drops of God 1 (The Drops of God, #1-2) by Tadashi Agi The Drops of God, vol. 1 by Tadashi Agi and Shu Okimoto

My blog post about this book at this link.

message 38: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #33 - The Ape Who Guards the Balance (Amelia Peabody, #10) by Elizabeth Peters The Ape Who Guards the Balance by Elizabeth Peters

message 39: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #34 - Guilt by Degrees  A Novel by Marcia Clark Guilt by Degrees by Marcia Clark

message 40: by Karol (new)

Karol | 1436 comments Mod
Suziqoregon wrote: "#34 - [bookcover:Guilt by Degrees: A Novel] Guilt by Degrees by Marcia Clark

My blog post about this book is at this link."

Very interesting blog -

message 41: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon Thanks Kay!

message 42: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #35 - The Yard by Alex Grecian The Yard by Alex Grecian

My blog post about this book is at this link

message 43: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #36 - The Unwritten, Vol. 1  Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey The Unwritten, Vol. 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey and Peter Gross

message 44: by Suziqoregon (last edited Jun 26, 2012 09:11PM) (new)

Suziqoregon #37 - One Dog Night by David Rosenfelt One Dog Night by David Rosenfelt

message 45: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #38 - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

message 46: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 624 comments Suziqoregon wrote: "#38 - Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

My blog post about this book is at this link."

Same question I just left for Verona: how did you like the characters? Because I read another book by Flynn (Dark Places) and while I thought the story was good, I hated every character. I think I'd be more willing to give Gone Girl a chance if I thought I'd be able to connect with the characters more.

message 47: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon Charleen wrote: "Suziqoregon wrote: "#38 -
Same question I just left for Verona: how did you like the characters? Be..."

This one was the same as both her other books (Sharp Objects and Dark Places). In many ways her characters are unlikeable but the writing is so good and the unlikeability is so much a part of the story that they're the kind of books that I DON'T WANT TO "connect" with her characters. I want to study them and try to puzzle out what makes them the way they are and do the things they do.

message 48: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #39 - The Shape of Water by Andrea Camilleri The Shape of Water by Andrea Camilleri

message 49: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #40 - Life Without Parole  A Kate Conway Mystery by Clare O'Donohue Life Without Parole by clare Clare O'Donohue

message 50: by Suziqoregon (new)

Suziqoregon #41 - Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Before the Poison (other topics)
Start Shooting (other topics)
The Buddha in the Attic (other topics)
Career Distinction: Stand Out by Building Your Brand (other topics)
Pronto (other topics)
More...