Nerdfighteria discussion

Nerdy Books > The Fault in Our Stars

Comments (showing 1-50 of 126) (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now.

Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault.

Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind

message 2: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
Only 8 days left!!!

message 3: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Woohoo! I should be preparing stockpiles of coconut M&Ms and Coke because once I get this book I'm not leaving my room except to go to the bathroom.
Well, that's probably an exaggeration, but still.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1 comments I cannot wait!

message 5: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
Colby wrote: "Woohoo! I should be preparing stockpiles of coconut M&Ms and Coke because once I get this book I'm not leaving my room except to go to the bathroom..."

That makes two of us :)

message 6: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Six days, fellow nerdfighters.

message 7: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
I cried and cried and cried.
It was...just, like... my goodness...

Without a doubt, John Green's best book.

message 8: by Someone (new)

Someone (flumehead) | 3 comments It still feels like more than a book. I mean, I cannot believe that it is just casually sitting on my desk and that I have read it. I love it.

(Also, I have a long-standing dislike for dust jackets and I usually wait for the paperback, but TFiOS's cover is beautiful (and shiny xD) as a dust jacket and I'm so glad I didn't wait (and also because of the J-scribble (mine is red) :D), even if I had to take it off to read it because it annoyed me so much. xD

message 9: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
I know, right? I've waited for it so long and now I've read it and I can touch it and hug it and smell the pages and whatnot... :) I got a bright green J-scribble

message 10: by Someone (new)

Someone (flumehead) | 3 comments Another page-smeller? Yes! Seriously, I just sat there looking at it for about 10 minutes. Not reading. Just looking. SHEER BEAUTY AND AWESOMENESS.

Anyway. The story. Oh my God. I read it a day ago and I still cannot form a coherent review about it - "My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations."

Oh, Augustus Waters. How attractive you are.

message 11: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) I actually cried at this book. I don't cry at books. I fugging loved this book. I can't get the characters out of my mind. Really freaking amazing book.

message 12: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
it was the first book that made me cry... and cry and cry and cry. Gahh, it was so amazing.

message 13: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments I don't have a signature yet. I'M GETTING IT IN THREE DAYS LIKE A BOSS. And it will have a hanklerfish and Hank Green's signature and other boss things.

message 14: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Did you watch the new Vlogbrothers video? It makes me exponentially more jealous of everybody who actually gets to go to the tour.

message 15: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments :) Teehee.

message 16: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) >:-|

^Angry Colby.

message 17: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Happy Yue.^

message 18: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) ^Multiple chins Yue.

message 19: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Yes. That too. You think double chin is attractive? LOOK AT THIS SEXY FACE. :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Colby's jealous.

message 20: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Nah. I'm just happy I finally got rid of my baby fat so I don't actually have a double chin :P

message 21: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Mmhmm. Sure, whatever.

message 22: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) What's that s'posed to mean? You think I still have a double chin? You want a picture of my lonesome chin? LOL

message 23: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Do penguins have double chin? o_O

message 24: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Baby pengins do, and so do the biguns. Sadly, I'm only human. A penguin double chin would be adorable.

message 25: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments WAIT YOU'RE HUMAN?:O I was almost convinced you were a penguin.

message 26: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) OR AM I?

message 27: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments NOOOOOOOOOOOOO you're boggling my mind.

message 28: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Can't you see a penguin, like, teaching himself how to type on a computer, writing masterpeices (haha, riiight, cuz THAT'S what I write) and chatting?

I'd like to think if I were a penguin I'd be doing more important things with my life, such as TAKING OVER THE FREE WORLD.

message 29: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Talking to penguins sound really cool.

HAHAHAHAHAH I just realized what you were alluding to.:)

message 30: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Oh, I was alluding to something?

message 31: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments D: YOU WEREN'T? I'm sad.

message 32: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Puh, you're giving me too much credit.

message 33: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Ugh. You poopface.

message 34: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments This song. http://www.youtube.com/user/kaysyconu...
I am in love with this girl.

message 35: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Beautiful. She has a button that links to GR on her channel...I'm so adding her and inviting her to this group.

message 36: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
TFIOS GOT OPTIONED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 37: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Optioned? o_O

message 38: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
Yeah! Fox 2000 optioned it!

message 39: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Yue: That's when they say they might make it into a movie.

Don't get too excited--so have LOTS of books that will probably never see the screen. Paper Towns was optioned and John was writing the script. That fell through.
Now, warning over...

OHMIGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!!!

message 40: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
IKNOWIKNOWIKNOW!!!! THIS IS SO AMAZING AND IT WAS ONLY RELEASED 21 DAYS AGO!!!!!!

message 41: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments Meh. It seems like it would suck. I can't imagine it being good. The book set the standards way too high, I think.

message 42: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
It did. If they did make a movie, it would never ever do justice to the book, because the book is so amazing. And if they had bad casting or they didn't follow the book or something, then I'd be really really mad. The movie would turn out like what happened with Eragon and Percy Jackson, and that cannot happen with TFIOS.

message 43: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
However, if, by some miracle, John actually gets to have a part in the casting and if he's the one writing a script, then..........

message 44: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) Well, I've gotten to a point where if a movie strays from the book, it's fine, so long as the movie is a GOOD representation of the book.
So I'm fine with it being made into a movie, but they damn well better be good to that book, or Colby will not be a very happy Colby...

message 45: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
None of the nerdfighters would be happy nerdfighters. If they completely ruin the movie, we'd probably mob the movie studio.

message 46: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments I have a feeling it will turn out to be like My Sister's Keeper. I hated that movie, even though I never finished. I watched it halfway and it was so boring.

message 47: by Colby (new)

Colby (Colbz) I don't know. If they threw in John Green humor, it could be pretty good.

message 48: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
It could. Especially if he was writing the script.

message 49: by Yue (new)

Yue | 179 comments I'm sorry I'm being rather pessimistic and cynical but books are ruined by awful cinema. I can prattle lists and lists of movies that was so significantly worse than the book that it almost detracted from the quality of them. The only movie that lived up to the book was Harry Potter number 8 and Lord of the Rings series. OH AND HUGO. And Howl's Moving Castle. Okay, so that's a longer list than I thought. But still.

message 50: by Kiana, ftl (new)

Kiana | 209 comments Mod
They are really good movie-book adaptations, but they're are a lot more bad ones. And TFIOS better not be a bad one.

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread