Outlander Series discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived > February Group Read Nominations

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leea, Escape Artist (last edited Jan 03, 2012 01:54PM) (new)

Leea | 1228 comments

It's time again to nominate books for our Group Read for February 2012. Since February brings Valentines day and LOVE we thought we would go with that theme...

Please nominate a book that has a heart or red on the cover. Here is a listopia list for suggestions

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/77...

or

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/90...

As in the past, here are the group guidelines:

1. Please make sure your nomination meets our monthly Genre: Hearts on the Cover (See list)
2. One nomination per person
3. Book must be available in both print and ebook form, and available worldwide.
4. If nominating a book in a series, the book must be the first book and not one in the middle.

Nominations start now! Happy Reading!

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2951 comments I'll start!

I'll take an easy pick, how about Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler.

Amy (amyrica) | 17 comments Many of those are YA books. The only one I've read is Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater and I really liked it! Yes, it's werewolves, but it's definitely NOT Twilight! I'd recommend it.

message 4: by Wendy F, biblioholic (last edited Jan 01, 2012 09:03AM) (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 2951 comments If you go down to the bottom, there are more adult books. Like One Pink Line by Dina Silver. Which is also available for free in e-form on Goodreads.

Shiver was pretty good though, so great nomination.

Terry Ziemba | 32 comments Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum There is the correct link/

Terry Ziemba | 32 comments Or the Red Tent by Anita Diamont. The Red Tent by Anita Diamant

Terry Ziemba | 32 comments Terry wrote: "Or the Red Tent by Anita Diamont.The Red Tent by Anita Diamant"

The Last Days of Dogtown by Anita Diamant

I would love to read something I haven't read, that isn't bubblegum (bubblegum:books as Kardashians:television)

Janet (JustJanet) | 121 comments Despite it's controversial subject matter, I would like to nominate Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Sue Erickson | 673 comments The Red Tent is very good. Read that quite a few years ago.

Kristin (kikitaranto) | 98 comments Wendy F wrote: "If you go down to the bottom, there are more adult books. Like One Pink Line by Dina Silver. Which is also available for free in e-form on Goodreads.

Shiver was pretty good though, so gr..."

this one sounds great to me!

Diane | 602 comments I liked The Red Tent, it's been about 8 years or so since I read it.

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 397 comments I would like to nominate Forbidden (The Books of Mortals, #1) by Ted Dekker it's book one in a new series, and I actually quite liked it.. would love to hear others thoughts.

Shell Schroth (MsShell) | 397 comments ** there is a heart on the cover, I swear...**

Martha (Loser945) | 2 comments Red tent was a very good read. I am a preachers kid and I had to read the scripture over after I read the book. I wish we had more story telling about some woman bible people. I always hated that Noah's wife had no name but his sons had names.

Terry Ziemba | 32 comments Martha wrote: "Red tent was a very good read. I am a preachers kid and I had to read the scripture over after I read the book. I wish we had more story telling about some woman bible people. I always hated that N..."

I am a historical fiction freak, and I really enjoyed it. Not so much from a biblical standpoint. You don't see events from that time period from a woman's point of view too often.

Sue Erickson | 673 comments I was impressed at how all the women were so good to each other. Wish we could have that closeness in this day and age.

Lisa | 341 comments The above books look great and I'd like to throw in... Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran because it's on my TBR. I read Moran's The Heretic Queen and loved it :)

Susan | 53 comments How about Bet Me Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie? It has all the best things love, good food and humor.

Terry Ziemba | 32 comments Lisa wrote: "The above books look great and I'd like to throw in...Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran because it's on my TBR. I read Moran's The Heretic Queen and loved it :)"
I'd like to read both of those!

message 22: by Sarah (last edited Jan 10, 2012 10:34AM) (new)

Sarah (Sweetredhead) | 29 comments My first plunge into the depths of the classics. I love reading this book and try to do so every few years. I am positive that like me you will read it and think about it differently every time according to what stage in life you are at. I nominate Wuthering Heights (Large Print) by Emily Brontë

Caroline Kimsey (CarolineKimsey) I adore Wuthering Heights.... I agree I read it every decade beginning at 15 and I always see it differently as my life paradigm evolves.

message 24: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1228 comments We have 12 books... I'll take 1 more and then we will close nominations and start voting :)

Thank you!

Northern Light (NorrthernLight) | 157 comments I agree that Wuthering Heights is an amazing read with something new every time. I have visited Haworth where it was written and walked on the moors. Beautiful.

Sue Erickson | 673 comments Morag I had never heard of your name until Outlander. Like it very much indeed. Are you Scottish?

Northern Light (NorrthernLight) | 157 comments Sue wrote: "Morag I had never heard of your name until Outlander. Like it very much indeed. Are you Scottish?"

I am indeed!! I love my name as it's fairly unusual.

message 28: by Janet (last edited Jan 10, 2012 04:19PM) (new)

Janet (JustJanet) | 121 comments There is a Brit writer that I love, her name is Morag Joss and she won a CWA Silver Dagger Award for this bookHalf Broken Things Sorry, off topic.

Erin | 130 comments Leea wrote: "

It's time again to nominate books for our Group Read for February 2012. Since February brings Valentines day and LOVE we thought we would go with that theme...

Please nominate a book that has a..."

Honestly I've never read a romance book before...unless you count the Outlander series as romance. I wouldn't know which book would be a good one. lol

message 30: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1228 comments Well, several of the books nominated are not 'romance' they are historical fiction, mystery and young adult.

Nominations are now closed... I'll put the voting together.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Twenty Boy Summer (other topics)
One Pink Line (other topics)
Love Unscripted (other topics)
Those Who Save Us (other topics)
The Red Tent (other topics)
More...