~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Members > What Are You Reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 631) (631 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

message 1: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (vvlovesu) | 2041 comments Mod
What are your current reads?

message 2: by Chelsea Denisse (last edited Dec 29, 2011 07:27AM) (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Enthusiasm by Polly Shulman and i have three more on my to read pile

message 3: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I don't even want to think of my TBR list!

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) LOL

message 5: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Well, right now I am reading Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
And my to-read pile literally has more than one hundred books on it.

message 6: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Lord bless your soul.

message 7: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
I just wish it would quite growing for a bit so I could minimize it.

message 8: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I took a bunch off my list I just gave up.

message 9: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
I figure I will get time (like over breaks) to really do a Marathon read (like I am doing next week, and Saturday) where I just sit down and imearse myself in the world of books.

message 10: by M/Ðɑηηɑ (new)

M/Ðɑηηɑ | 5 comments Invincible Summer by Hannah Moskowitz's nice, but not as good as I thought at the beginning.
Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin CashoreBeen waitin for so long to read it and don't regret any moment now

message 11: by Sαmαnthα (new)

Sαmαnthα  (smyeres117) I'm currently reading Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins.

message 12: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Oooh I got that for Christmas but havent had a chance for reading it is it good?

message 13: by Reece (new)

Reece | 3 comments I'm in the middle of the Lost Hero. So far so good

message 14: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "Oooh I got that for Christmas but havent had a chance for reading it is it good?"

Yes, but read the others first. I didn't like it quite as much as I did Catching Fire (which was my fav out of the three) but then it didn't end how I wanted. It is good though :)

message 15: by Chelsea Denisse (new)

Chelsea Denisse (chelseadenisse) Great! I might start in 2012

message 16: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I loved the Lost Hero. His books are really good to me.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Oooh! So good! I am rereading Catching Fire right now! I looove Hunger Games!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "Oooh I got that for Christmas but havent had a chance for reading it is it good?"

It's amazing! The ending is bittersweet, which I love about it! :)

message 19: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 69 comments Currently reading:
The best american science writing of 2011 by Rebecca Skloot
Genome by Matt Ridley

message 20: by Emily (new)

Emily I'm reading Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7) by Anthony Horowitz

message 21: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Primniss wrote: "Little_miss_book_freak wrote: "Oooh I got that for Christmas but havent had a chance for reading it is it good?"

It's amazing! The ending is bittersweet, which I love about it! :)"

Right! It just kinda irratated me, the way it ended, and I ended up disliking them all (Peeta, Gale, and Katniss).

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Y?

message 23: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Emily wrote: "I'm reading Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7) by Anthony Horowitz"

Good books! I haven't read the latest though, Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowitz which is suposed to be the last, and I am sorta scared to read it because he could kill Alex.

message 24: by Reece (new)

Reece | 3 comments I love the Hunger Games I have read them all and I feel like a freak lol. I need to re-read the first book before the movie I really hope the movie is better thn or at least good as the book if not I will be really disappointed!!!!

message 25: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Primniss wrote: "Y?"

Well, everyone takes pity on Peeta, so some of the things he says are let slide, I felt he was storta snide and rude to Gale and didn't respect Katniss like he could have (i will give him points for being there for her when she needed someone) and then Katniss could have acted alot more mature and been nicer to both Peeta and Gale and have not played with them (she gets good points for doing her duty, but really? Hurting your friends in the line of duty?), Gale could have been nicer to Peeta and he could had been more open to Katniss and given her a chance to explain if he knew her like he claimed. (He was there for her though the entire turn of events though)

So in the end I liked no one, it didn't give me the closure I needed.

message 26: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Primniss wrote: "Y?"

Well, everyone takes pity on Peeta, so some of the things he says are let slide, I felt he was storta snide and rude to Gale and didn't respect Katniss like he could have (i will give him points for being there for her when she needed someone) and then Katniss could have acted alot more mature and been nicer to both Peeta and Gale and have not played with them (she gets good points for doing her duty, but really? Hurting your friends in the line of duty?), Gale could have been nicer to Peeta and he could had been more open to Katniss and given her a chance to explain if he knew her like he claimed. (He was there for her though the entire turn of events though)

So in the end I liked no one, it didn't give me the closure I needed.

message 27: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 69 comments I also just started

11/22/63 by Stephen King

message 28: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
It's suposed to be good (if you like his stuff), I never read it because I got bored with his books. (Sorry if I have offended anyone)

message 29: by Morgan (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 69 comments Irene wrote: "It's suposed to be good (if you like his stuff), I never read it because I got bored with his books. (Sorry if I have offended anyone)"

Its good so far!

message 30: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Good :)

message 31: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Irene wrote: "Primniss wrote: "Y?"

Well, everyone takes pity on Peeta, so some of the things he says are let slide, I felt he was storta snide and rude to Gale and didn't respect Katniss like he could have (i w..."

Yeah a lot of things about the last book fustrated me. In the end I was very overwhelmed and I got the feeling that the author was too...The ending felt detached I think she could of done a better job, but who knows. The overall story and meaning I really enjoyed.

message 32: by Emily (new)

Emily Irene wrote: "Emily wrote: "I'm reading Snakehead (Alex Rider, #7) by Anthony Horowitz"

Good books! I haven't read the latest though, Scorpia Rising (Alex Rider #9) by Anthony Horowitz which is suposed to be the last, and I am sorta scared to ..."

yeah that would be terrible! and i'm going to be so sad when i finish this series. i love Alex! :)

message 33: by Emily (new)

Emily reading Variant (Variant, #1) by Robison Wells

message 34: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (lgcoleman) Just started Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead today

message 35: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Kaitlyn Analyssa wrote: "i started this a couple of days ago
Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate"

How are you liking it so far? I've read all 3 and liked them.

message 36: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Yeah me too. It was a little confusing, but the 3rd book begins to tie everything together.

message 37: by Alejandra (new)

Alejandra (Lost at Hogwarts) (lost_at_hogwarts) Currently reading Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead. It is the 5th book in the Vampire Academy series (which is one of my favorite vampire series) and I'm really enjoying it.

Lauren: I loved Vampire Academy and I really hope you do too!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Currently reading Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Not exactly something I'd normally read, but it's a very refreshing book. Sure, there are no vampires or anything, but I still really like it.

message 39: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

I think I've only read a handful of YA romance/chick-lit books. I don't know why but they scare me. Especially after reading a couple of Lurlene McDaniel's books

message 40: by Morgan (last edited Jan 03, 2012 06:44PM) (new)

Morgan (morgzsydney) | 69 comments Vengeance (Private, #14) by Kate Brian 11/22/63 by Stephen King Genome by Matt Ridley

UPDATE: Finished Vengeance and Genome :)

message 41: by Nidhi (new)

message 42: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Nidhi wrote: "Storm Glass (Glass, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins"

#TeamArcher just saying (: how you liking the book?

message 43: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 144 comments haha I am loving it but I am Team Cal sorry hahaha something about him is....sexy ;)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Irene wrote: "Primniss wrote: "Y?"

Well, everyone takes pity on Peeta, so some of the things he says are let slide, I felt he was storta snide and rude to Gale and didn't respect Katniss like he could have (i w..."

Well, Peeta returns what Gale's attitude for him, and Gale says "It'd be nice if he were easier to hate."

So, really, I just don't like Gale, Snow, or Coin.

message 45: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Primniss wrote: "Irene wrote: "Primniss wrote: "Y?"

Well, everyone takes pity on Peeta, so some of the things he says are let slide, I felt he was storta snide and rude to Gale and didn't respect Katniss like he..."

True, which in my 'point tally' counts off for Gale but Peeta did somethings that were big no-nos in my book.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm reading Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike. Almost done, but not quite impressed with it. Reading either Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater or Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth next.

message 47: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Nidhi wrote: "haha I am loving it but I am Team Cal sorry hahaha something about him is....sexy ;)"

i CAN NOT argue with that, but I'm a sucker for 1st love that's why I'm an Edward lover too hahaha!!

message 48: by Irene, Life is short; but death is forever. (new)

Irene | 599 comments Mod
Wednesday wrote: "I'm reading Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike. Almost done, but not quite impressed with it. Reading either Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater or Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth next."

Well, I know Shiver is good, and have heard that Divergent is good too.

message 49: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 144 comments Valencia wrote: "Nidhi wrote: "haha I am loving it but I am Team Cal sorry hahaha something about him is....sexy ;)"

i CAN NOT argue with that, but I'm a sucker for 1st love that's why I'm an Edward lover too haha..."

I am an Edward lover too :P hahaha

message 50: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 144 comments Wednesday wrote: "I'm reading Wings (Wings, #1) by Aprilynne Pike. Almost done, but not quite impressed with it. Reading either Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater or Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth next."

I would suggest reading Divergent first because it is an A-mazing book! Shiver is good too!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Enthusiasm (other topics)
Linger (other topics)
Invincible Summer (other topics)
Graceling (other topics)
Mockingjay (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lurlene McDaniel (other topics)
James Patterson (other topics)