~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

Members > Introductions

Comments (showing 751-800 of 1,060) (1060 new)    post a comment »

message 751: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments thanks

message 752: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments It is a different name-agreed

message 753: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments Holy goober beans - Adyant has to be the coolest name EVER! What does it mean?
It means without beginning and end. What the heck are goober beans?????

message 754: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Adyant wrote: "Holy goober beans - Adyant has to be the coolest name EVER! What does it mean?
It means without beginning and end. What the heck are goober beans?????"

hahaha - my kids make fun of me because I think of random things to say (like fake cussing)...goober beans, macaroni biscuits, shoot nanny, etc.

"Without beginning or end" - that is beautiful. I love it! I'm def adding that to my character name list RIGHT NOW!

message 755: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments Chris wrote: "Adyant wrote: "Holy goober beans - Adyant has to be the coolest name EVER! What does it mean?

hahaha - my kids make fun of ..."

i'm famous! ha ha

message 756: by Gerldabeen (new)

Gerldabeen | 4 comments Hi, I'm Gerldabeen (it's only a nickname). I'm 16 and I'm from Ireland. I love reading and listening to music. I don't really have a favourite book but my favourite series is Percy Jackson & the Olympians by Rick Riordan.

message 757: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments Hi geraldbean

message 758: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments What the heck is alex rider??? it must be a good series....

message 759: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Gerldabeen wrote: "Hi, I'm Gerldabeen (it's only a nickname). I'm 16 and I'm from Ireland. I love reading and listening to music. I don't really have a favourite book but my favourite series is Percy Jackson & the Ol..."

Hello Gerldabeen from Ireland! Welcome, welcome! Do you say your nickname 'girl-da-been' or 'gare-l-da-been'?

message 760: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Valencia (vvlovesu) | 2041 comments Mod
We've reached 1000+ members!!! Way to go guys :D

message 761: by Bhawya (new)

Bhawya | 9 comments hey i am bhawya...i live in india..and i love reading...every kinda book...

message 762: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Valencia wrote: "We've reached 1000+ members!!! Way to go guys :D"

Woo-hoo, 1000 members and from all over the planet - how cool!

message 763: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Bhawya wrote: "hey i am bhawya...i live in india..and i love reading...every kinda book..."

Welcome Bhawya to the group!

message 764: by Bhawya (new)

Bhawya | 9 comments Chris wrote: "Bhawya wrote: "hey i am bhawya...i live in india..and i love reading...every kinda book..."

Welcome Bhawya to the group!"

thank you chris...1000 members..thats pretty awsome...

message 765: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Yes is really is!!! Welcome Bhawya :)

message 766: by David (new)

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 308 comments Mod
Valencia wrote: "We've reached 1000+ members!!! Way to go guys :D"

Wow Valencia, I think when I joined it was like 700 so that's amazing!! I'm glad when you added me as a mod it didn't stop the progress lol ;) Well deserved, you run a great group!!!

message 767: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (brainstorming_antisociality) Seriously, Valencia, I've looked at all the reading groups on Goodreads, and this one is one of the best! ;)

message 768: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Thanks you guys :D

message 769: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (LEmeraude) Hi guys! I'm Kelly and i live in the UK. I love reading, (given) music and architecture, and i have just recently become obsessed with Percy Jackson (i'm up to book 5 even though i only started reading like last week). Favourite YA series of all time has probably got to be HP, but i also recently read the Hunger Games and the Inheritance Cycle and loved both. I also love Garth Nixx and Philip Pullman.

message 770: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) V. wrote: "Hi my name is V. Anton. I am from P.R. Of course my favorite thing in the world is reading (obviously) and from this passion, a new one was born: Writing. My favorite books range from Paranormal Ro..."

Glad to meet you V. Congrats on your new book, no small accomplishment!!!

message 771: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Kelly wrote: "Hi guys! I'm Kelly and i live in the UK. I love reading, (given) music and architecture, and i have just recently become obsessed with Percy Jackson (i'm up to book 5 even though i only started re..."

Welcome Kelly. A lover of architecture - awesome! I would LOVE to get over to the UK one day and take in all the wonderful buildings. What's your favorite HP book in the series?

message 772: by Lucy (new)

Lucy (lucydi) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Lucy from Australia and yes, I love reading and listening to my favourite music. Currently I'm obsessed with Obsidian - it's amazing! - but right now I'm reading Lauren Kate's Rapture. I'm glad to be a new member of this group!

message 773: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Lucy wrote: "Hi! I'm Lucy from Australia and yes, I love reading and listening to my favourite music. Currently I'm obsessed with Obsidian - it's amazing! - but right now I'm reading Lauren Kate's Rapture. I'm ..."

Glad to know you Lucy - you will love the group!

message 774: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) V. wrote: "I just posted an excerpt of the book in my profile so you are more than welcome to visit and read it."

I'm going to read it RIGHT NOW!

message 775: by Gerldabeen (new)

Gerldabeen | 4 comments Chris wrote: "Gerldabeen wrote: "Hi, I'm Gerldabeen (it's only a nickname). I'm 16 and I'm from Ireland. I love reading and listening to music. I don't really have a favourite book but my favourite series is Per..."

It's said like G-url-da-bean :D My real name is Geraldine though :D

message 776: by Brooke (new)

Brooke Jacobs (moviefreak78) | 1 comments Hi! I'm Brooke and I'm from the US. I'm much older than your average YA fan at 34, but I love the genre. My favorite books are Harry Potter series, Hunger Games series, His Dark Materials series, Speak and several chick lits. :)

message 777: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Gerldabeen wrote: "It's said like G-url-da-bean :D My real name is Geraldine though :D "

Got it - I like to know how to say it correctly when I write it (if that makes sense)!?!?

:-)

message 778: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Brooke wrote: "Hi! I'm Brooke and I'm from the US. I'm much older than your average YA fan at 34, but I love the genre. My favorite books are Harry Potter series, Hunger Games series, His Dark Materials series, S..."

Hi Brooke - welcome! Age don't matter at all - I got you beat by one year anyway;-)

message 779: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 150 comments Chris wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Hey everyone! I joined a few days ago and I'm pretty new too so I just figured out how to do this haha. I'm Sam and I'm from Canada. I LOVE reading, anything to do with music - lis..."

Hey Chris! I live in Ontario, not so cold here haha :p
Where are you from?

message 780: by Chris (new)

Chris Sorensen (csorensen) Haha - that's good to hear. It certainly is not cold where I am right now...Virginia.

message 781: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 119 comments Hi<3 I'm Hannah, i'm sixteen I am from the U.S, ohio so no where cool. i like Reading, Writing sorta i can never finish anything i write LoL. My favorite Author is Ally Carter I have read every one of her books. i am currently reading Rachel Caines' Morganville vampire series and it is really good
Bye <3

message 782: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (dear-andrea) | 1 comments Hey! I'm Andrea and I'm about to turn 17 soon! I'm from California, USA. I don't think I have an ultimate favorite book. I usually end up saying 'This is my favorite book!' to every great book I finish. I'm currently reading Anna and the French Kiss and I just finished The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I'm about to start on Looking for Alaska right after Anna and the French kiss. Have a great day everyone! And this is my new goodreads account so I barely have anything on it. Feel free to add the newbie though :D

message 783: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new)

Welcome everybody!!!!

message 784: by Megs (new)

Megs (magnus_pegasus) | 3 comments Brooke wrote: "Hi! I'm Brooke and I'm from the US. I'm much older than your average YA fan at 34, but I love the genre. My favorite books are Harry Potter series, Hunger Games series, His Dark Materials series, S..."

Glad I am not the only one! My name is Meghan, I'm from the US, and I'm 28. I enjoy reading, and YA is among my favorites! I love John Green's books, and I just finished The Golden Compass, and I can't wait to read the other two in the series! I also enjoy a good memoir, and most other fiction novels.

message 785: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 150 comments Meghan wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Hi! I'm Brooke and I'm from the US. I'm much older than your average YA fan at 34, but I love the genre. My favorite books are Harry Potter series, Hunger Games series, His Dark Mate..."

The second and third books after The Golden Compass are just as good as the first one, if not better! I'm obsessed with the whole series and I bet you'll love them too :)

message 786: by Megs (new)

Megs (magnus_pegasus) | 3 comments I have a feeling that I will too, I couldn't read the first one fast enough!

message 787: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 150 comments Lol me neither :) Make sure you review Mystic River when you're done cuz I added it but wasn't sure if I'd like it or not. I wanna see what you think

message 788: by Megs (new)

Megs (magnus_pegasus) | 3 comments I will definitely do that. :) I have read that it is one of his best. I just started it this evening, and I'm looking forward to reading it, then seeing the movie again.

message 789: by David (new)

Welcome new joiners!! I hope you like the group!!

message 790: by Francielle (new)

Francielle (itsmefrancielle) | 2 comments Hi, my name is Francielle, I'm brazilian, 20 and I'm studying Engineering. I LOVE HARRY POTTER, The Hunger Games, The Perks of being a wallflower, The Mortal Instruments and Simone Elkeles's books.
I love to read, love music (TAYLOR SWIFT, Linkin Park, Katy Perry, Maroon 5...), and love to ride a bike, but I can't do it now because I broke my ankle last month.

message 791: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 150 comments Awesome!

message 792: by Anne (new)

Anne | 6 comments Hey everyone. I'm Anne and I'm from Manila. Some people think that I'm too old to be reading YA but I love feeling giddy and laughing out loud. I like reliving my teenage days because I had soooo much fun during those years and I still do now but not so much anymore. :)

I love the Harry Potter series, Percy Jackson, Hunger Games, Flat-Out Love and so much more!

message 793: by Christina (new)

Christina Mobley | 5 comments Hi Anne, nice to meet you. I feel the same way about YA. :)

message 794: by David (new)

Francielle wrote: "Hi, my name is Francielle, I'm brazilian, 20 and I'm studying Engineering. I LOVE HARRY POTTER, The Hunger Games, The Perks of being a wallflower, The Mortal Instruments and Simone Elkeles's books...."

Hi Francielle, welcome!!! I love those books and groups too :)

message 795: by David (new)

Anne wrote: "Hey everyone. I'm Anne and I'm from Manila. Some people think that I'm too old to be reading YA but I love feeling giddy and laughing out loud. I like reliving my teenage days because I had soooo m..."

Welcome Anne, I'll never stop reading YA either, no shame in that! (I hope lol)

message 796: by Katrina (new)

Katrina Welsh (KatrinaWelsh_) Anne wrote: "Hey everyone. I'm Anne and I'm from Manila. Some people think that I'm too old to be reading YA but I love feeling giddy and laughing out loud. I like reliving my teenage days because I had soooo m..."

Hi Anne! I'm from Philippines, too but moved out of the country a couple of years ago. Welcome to the group!

message 797: by Pari {Ridhee} (new)

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) | 89 comments Adyant wrote: "What did you expect? I'm not a rock."

I didnt tell you are a rock. I just asked you if you practiced the dance. We need to show it next saturday btw what happened today?

message 798: by Pari {Ridhee} (new)

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) | 89 comments Adyant wrote: "Holy goober beans - Adyant has to be the coolest name EVER! What does it mean?

In which language?

message 799: by Pari {Ridhee} (new)

Pari {Ridhee} (ridhee) | 89 comments Adyant wrote: "What the heck is alex rider??? it must be a good series...."

I've not read the whole series, but the one book I read made me crave for more...

message 800: by Adyant (new)

Adyant (adyantb) | 79 comments Ridhee wrote: "Adyant wrote: "Holy goober beans - Adyant has to be the coolest name EVER! What does it mean?

In which language?"

Isn't hindi your mother tongue? Aadhi antham

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unearthly (other topics)
Harry Potter Boxset (other topics)
Vampire Academy (other topics)
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (other topics)
The Street of a Thousand Blossoms (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristin Cashore (other topics)
Suzanne Collins (other topics)
Aprilynne Pike (other topics)
Mark Haddon (other topics)
Lemony Snicket (other topics)