Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > 2012 reading challenge?

Comments (showing 51-61 of 61) (61 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Krista the Krazy Kataloguer (KristatheKrazyKataloguer) | 12 comments rivka wrote: "Then it's a caching issue, and the badge should show up within a day or so."

Oh good. Thanks, Rivka!

Petra X (PetraX) | 4752 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I started my own private group to test something else, and when this came up I used the group to test the challenge. It works, it's private, etc., and doesn't show on my profile page, so it won't be in *your* face. I can see it whenever it want

I did this last year but forget to update it! I like the profile ticker, I like to see my progress, I just don't want to join a group and all that implies just because I want to monitor reviews written rather than books read.

Cheryl in CC NV wrote: "Well, any challenge that shows on the profile page is 'competitive.' "

How so? I haven't joined anything, there is no benchmark of what anyone else is doing, its just a ticker that says what my progress is to my own goal. I don't see that as competitive.

night music -- bring on the clowns ♫ (pjreads) | 547 comments Competitive is in the eye of the beholder.

Nell | 102 comments rivka wrote: "Those who finished their challenges will have the badge on their profile (just below this year's challenge)...."

I noticed the 2011 badge on others' profiles, but it does not appear on mine. I completed the challenge (125%) and posted the last book read before December 31st. As soon as I signed up for the 2012 challenge, the 2011 badge disappeared from my page. How can this be corrected?

Darkpool (protesting GR censorship) (Darkpool) | 231 comments I can see your badge on your profile page, Nell. Might you have been looking on you home page instead of the profile page? just a thought.

Nell | 102 comments Thanks Darkpool. The 2012 badge shows up on both my home page and profile page so I looked for my 2011 badge to be on both pages as well. I did find it on my profile page.

message 57: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 11207 comments Mod
The 2012 Challenge is in progress, so it is expected that you would want frequent access (so homepage) and others might want to see your progress (so profile page). The 2011 Challenge is complete, so the "completed" badge shows for everyone who did so -- but only on the profile, where everyone (well, everyone who can see you profile, for those with private ones) can see it.

Ben Burnett (burnettb317) | 13 comments Any Progress on closed topic: "2011 vs 2012 Reading Challenge Issues and Re-Reads"?

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7...

Kathryn | 3 comments Ben wrote: "Any Progress on closed topic: "2011 vs 2012 Reading Challenge Issues and Re-Reads"?

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/7..."

Good question. My re-reads caused my 2012 completion badge to disappear. :(

willaful | 766 comments The badges are based on read dates, so if you override them, it affects the badge. :-( A workaround is to use different editions of a book for your rereads. This has its limitations, obviously. I'd guess you could get your badge back if you reinstate the read dates.

Kathryn | 3 comments willaful wrote: "The badges are based on read dates, so if you override them, it affects the badge. :-( A workaround is to use different editions of a book for your rereads. This has its limitations, obviously. I'd guess you could get your badge back if you reinstate the read dates."

It doesn't seem to work that way (reinstating the read dates) unless there's a long lag between the date change and the reappearance of the badge.

I'm not all that worried about it, since I track my reading outside of Goodreads too, but it's an unfortunate limitation.

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread