Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Movie

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 1583 comments Last night I saw The Girl Wtih the Dragon Tattoo. IMO the casting was superb, and the movie followed the book very closely. There were several VERY graphic scenes, but they were key parts of the plot. If you liked the book, I think you'll really enjoy the movie.

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 2475 comments I didn't like the book that much, but want to see the movie!

message 3: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 2304 comments Daniel wrote: "Last night I saw The Girl Wtih the Dragon Tattoo. IMO the casting was superb, and the movie followed the book very closely. There were several VERY graphic scenes, but they were key parts of the ..."

carol, barry, and i are going to see it the weekend after next if anyone wants to join us!! barry'll buy the popcorn!

message 4: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (MelodieCO) | 2475 comments Would be worth the trip just to get the "Barry-bought" popcorn!! LOL

message 5: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2021 comments Melodie, if you show up, I'll even get you soda.

message 6: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7277 comments Melodie - wouldn't it be fun!
Melodie wrote: "Would be worth the trip just to get the "Barry-bought" popcorn!! LOL"

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7277 comments I am looking forward to seeing the movie too, I better go check the theater times for the weekend.
Good to know it was good, thanks for the review, Dan!

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (Liz_H) | 853 comments I saw the movie Monday night. I went with my husband and I was a little worried that he would find it confusing having not read the books, but he thought it was good. He said the way he deems a movie good is that he keeps thinking about it afterwards, and he has been saying stuff about the movie for the past 3 days, so I guessed he liked it! Yes, it was graphic and yes the casting was superb. Thought the Lisbeth character was exactly perfect! Didn't like the abrupt ending. Ready for the next movie!

message 9: by Ann (last edited Dec 29, 2011 05:09PM) (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7277 comments DD is not excited about the length of the movie (2 hours 40 minutes according to the movie websites....) but I still really want to go see it. Thanks for sharing that your DH liked it too, even though he hadn't read the book, Liz!

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Dec 30, 2011 06:09AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 4663 comments I can't wait to see it; wonder how it will compare to the Swedish version, which I saw in theaters a few years ago. Those graphic scenes will be tough to take, but at least I'm prepared for them, having read the book.

I saw the cast and the director on Charlie Rose, and it was interesting especially to see the actress who was chosen to play Lisbeth. She's this sweet demure little thing, but she's gotten good reviews. I heard a review of the film today and the reviewer said that the first Lisbeth, Noomi Rapace, carried her anger with her so it was not such a surprise when she exploded, whereas the American actress, Rooney Mara, was all quiet and contained energy so it was a surprise when she lashed out.

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7277 comments I saw the Swedish version as well, Carol, I watched it on my TV from an Amazon download and found it to represent the book pretty well as best I recall. I do want to see the new American version too.

message 12: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 633 comments I saw the movie yesterday, and was so pleased..its one of the few movies that I liked as much as the book. They did a great job of staying true to the book and the casting was fabulous. The actress did a fabulous job with capturing Lisbeth. It just called out for the next movie...hope it gets done!

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7277 comments I hope it gets done too, Dawn!

message 14: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 737 comments My daughter saw One for the money over the weekend. She thought it was possibly the worst movie she has ever seen!!!

message 15: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2021 comments I saw the movie over the weekend too. I was not impressed at all. I felt hey took Stephanie's character and made it very much into something it was not, and in many cases, lost the humor of the book.

message 16: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (Bonadie) | 4663 comments Barry wrote: "I saw the movie over the weekend too. I was not impressed at all. I felt hey took Stephanie's character and made it very much into something it was not, and in many cases, lost the humor of the ..."

Uh-oh, Sherry, apparently Barry got a better offer!!!

message 17: by Barry (new)

Barry (BarryPz) | 2021 comments I went with a group from work.

unread topics | mark unread