Paranormal Addicts & Newbies discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > JANUARY Nominations OPEN!

Comments (showing 1-24 of 24) (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments *sigh* Still not quite starting this as early as I would like, but I'll get there!! Promise! This time I'm gonna bend the rules a bit for the timescale, but I've worked out a time schedule for the other monthly reads much like Jen used before.

Please nominate first in the series or stand-a-lone books. (feel free to renominate books which have been before BUT not books we have already featured as group reads - you could try nominating the next book in the series, see below)
If we've already had book 1 as a group read feel free to nominate book 2 and so on! Our Group read history

Timescale:
Nominate up to December 29th
Poll December 29 to January 4th
Group Read will go on from Jan 4th forward until February

The two most voted for books will be our November group reads. You can read either or both.

If your choice does not come top you can either renominate for May or see if any other members want to do a buddy read with you.

****This is a PNR and UF group, try to nominate books from that genre pool****
(Next months picks will have a more timely schedule so that members can get time to get a hold of copies. Sorry things are cutting it close!)

Jessica | 82 comments For a first in a series i would like to nominate A Certain Slant of Light (A Certain Slant of Light, #1) by Laura Whitcomb

Tala  (Tala2) | 234 comments first in a series A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Eliabeth Hawthorne (EliaHawthorne) | 34 comments The history only goes through March 2011. Is there another history thread? I've got one fantasy novel to nominate (not urban, but really worth it) the other I'm not sure about and want to make sure I'm not nominating ones you've already covered.

First nomination: Another Fine Myth (Myth #1) by Robert Asprin

Eliabeth Hawthorne (EliaHawthorne) | 34 comments Second nomination: [Book: Something from the Nightside (Nightside, #1)]

Julianne | 143 comments I was going to recommend Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare so I will second it.

I will also second Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs or A Kiss of Shadows (Meredith Gentry, #1) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments Eliabeth wrote: "The history only goes through March 2011. Is there another history thread? I've got one fantasy novel to nominate (not urban, but really worth it) the other I'm not sure about and want to make su..."

I've just updated the History page, however there was no group reads from March on until December.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) | 2518 comments I think I'll nominate some goodies too.

Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2) by Nalini Singh Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells

message 14: by Shanon (last edited Dec 29, 2011 04:13AM) (new)

Shanon (Shazamy) | 28 comments I nominate Grimspace by Ann Aguirre.

Grimspace (Sirantha Jax, #1) by Ann Aguirre

Jayde (jaydeu) | 3 comments I'd like to nominate Angelfall by Susan Ee.

Just started it, and it's so amazing that I want to make sure as many people read it as possible! It's getting great reviews from people who are usually really critical, and the ebook version costs only 99 cents.

message 17: by Ginnie (last edited Dec 28, 2011 06:07PM) (new)

Ginnie (illicit_beauty) | 17 comments I'd like to nominate:

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Andrea Cremer by Andrea Cremer

Nightshade (Nightshade, #1) by Michelle Rowen by Michelle Rowen

Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh by Nalini Singh

Mel | 8 comments A first in a series First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones by Darynda Jones. The third book in this series comes out in February.

I also recommend Darkness Dawns (Immortal Guardians, #1) by Dianne Duvall by Dianne Duvall which is another first.

Carolyn F. | 222 comments Jayde wrote: "I'd like to nominate Angelfall by Susan Ee.

Just started it, and it's so amazing that I want to make sure as many people read it as possible! It's getting great r..."

Someone in the Dangerous Heroes, etc group said that was a favorite for 2011 too.

Julianne | 143 comments Angie (Mind Malfunction) wrote: "Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead"

Oooo, I've been wanting to read this.

Henrietta H | 16 comments A friend of mine has highly recommended Laurel K. Hamilton to me, so I will also put in for A Kiss of Shadows

Angie (Mind Malfunction) (angieerickson) | 164 comments Julianne wrote: "Angie (Mind Malfunction) wrote: "Storm Born (Dark Swan, #1) by Richelle Mead"

Oooo, I've been wanting to read this."

It's fabulous! Book four was just released and I can't wait to reread the series in preparation for the new one!

Lisa Maddison | 3 comments The Hedgewitch Queen by Lilith Saintcrow

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Just joined, so this is a bit late. The Ballad of Young Tam Lin by Patricia A. Leslie by Patricia Leslie. Innocent love, major obstacles (including, is Tam Lin human), and the eternally sensual Queen of Summerland (Elfland). Hardcopy, or Kindle.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Certain Slant of Light (other topics)
Sleepy Willow's Bonded Soul (other topics)
Cry Wolf (other topics)
A Kiss of Shadows (other topics)
Succubus on Top (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Robert Lynn Asprin (other topics)
Ann Aguirre (other topics)
Susan Ee (other topics)