Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > What time of day do you start opening your erotic/romance novels?

Comments (showing 1-34 of 34) (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael | 10 comments For me, i sometimes read non-erotic/romance novels during the day, but when it comes to erotic/romance novels, I usually only start reading them late at night once i'm in bed (which is why it takes me so long to finish a book. sadly)

Myabe it's because reading these books will make me feel too aroused, so unconsciously, i've always relate it with late night activities.

When do you like to begin your reading? and how many hours do you usually read in one sitting before goign zZZ ? :D

message 2: by Claudia (new)

Claudia (romantasygirl) | 20 comments Mostly in the evening or also when I'm in bed at night or before I go to sleep. It's for the same reasons as yours, I guess.

Usually I get to read only 2 or 3 pages before I fall asleep, unfortunately ;-))

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (Iftcan) | 2532 comments Mod
I read my book any time, day or night. I've never really thought about only reading them at a specified time. And how much reading time I get depends on the day and how I'm feeling. If its a "bad" day and I'm in a lot of pain--I'll probably spend almost the entire day reading (unless the pain is a migraine, then all I do is lay in bed and moan quietly.) If its a day when my Mum is having problems I might not get any reading at all done. But on average, I guess I get 2 to 3 hours per day of reading time.

Jeanna-Has Probably Read It! (J3J3Real) | 28 comments Hell this could be anytime of day. Most of the time I'm reading them into the wee hours of the morning if they are thay good. Love the steamy ones.

Cindy (eclecticfirefly) (Eclecticfirefly) | 21 comments I always take whatever book I am reading to work with me - doesn't matter if it is YA or Erotica. I read on my breaks and at lunch. The guys at work used to ask what I was reading, but after several of them blushed at the covers, I don't get many inquiries any more! LOLOL Now when someone asks what I am reading, if it's erotica I just say something like "Gay Scifi Smut". They usually just say "Oh...." and keep on walking by.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellepotter) I read whenever I have a chance. I used to feel weird reading romance when my kids were around, but I realized they have no idea what I'm reading. I'm on my Nook, so they can't see the cover. If they ask, I just say, "It's about vampires," or time travel, or whatever.

message 7: by Storm (new)

Storm (StormGerlock) | 44 comments Yeah, it's nice with the nook, there aren't as many questions cause you don't have the racy cover.

Jeanna-Has Probably Read It! (J3J3Real) | 28 comments Cindy (eclecticfirefly) wrote: "I always take whatever book I am reading to work with me - doesn't matter if it is YA or Erotica. I read on my breaks and at lunch. The guys at work used to ask what I was reading, but after seve..."
Yep, you are like me every chance I can get I'm reading.

Jeanna-Has Probably Read It! (J3J3Real) | 28 comments Michelle wrote: "I read whenever I have a chance. I used to feel weird reading romance when my kids were around, but I realized they have no idea what I'm reading. I'm on my Nook, so they can't see the cover. If th..."

That's me. My son always says what are you reading today and I just say oh the usual. He says must be romance or about those vampires. lol Now, I'm on the highlander kick.

texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com (prufreadsblogspotcom) | 198 comments Whenever and wherever! :-P

message 11: by Manvir (new)

Manvir (Lucyheartfilia) | 72 comments I usually read when I'm at home. I tend to get lost in my books and go over my break time if I read at work (oops). I read for hours on end and sometimes into the morning, some books just seem to grab you and not let go.

I have a kobo touch and like that no one can see what I'm reading. Not that I care what people think but people who don't really care or understand the appeal in reading leave it alone since they can't 'see' the book.

message 12: by Davina (new)

Davina D. | 103 comments texxie wrote: "Whenever and wherever! :-P"

Same here! :)

texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com (prufreadsblogspotcom) | 198 comments I read it AND write it. Even if that means the 5 min I'm stuck in the bank drive thru. Lol. Pen, notebook and kindle. They are with me at all times!

message 14: by Cassie (new)

Cassie (InLibrisLibertas) | 16 comments Morning ..Noon..Afternoon..Evening..Night...All the time :)

message 15: by Lisa264544 (new)

Lisa264544 | 45 comments I have my Kindle with me no matter where I am at. During the week, I read on my lunch hour and then in the evenings after dinner. On the weekends, I read throughout the day as time allows from household stuff, errands, etc. I don't watch much TV, so free time is read time for me. :)

message 16: by Cassie (new)

Cassie  (CassieVylon) | 13 comments If I get in the mood for it, I'll be sure to pick one up. c: I don't care who's around, since after all, it's my choice.

Paris        (kerbytejas) (kerbytejas) | 110 comments usually between 6 and 7AM before i start work

message 18: by Alexia (new)

Alexia (matleser60) | 2 comments Must admit I read it any time, and anywhere! Most of the time I read off my mobile (HTC Desire) with the Kindle app downloaded. I like that as nobody else can see what i'm reading and it means I can sneak in a couple pages here and there. Hopefully I'll be getting a kindle for my birthday.

message 19: by C.C. (new)

C.C. | 219 comments Whenever I can :) I steal reading time in between classes, but usually I read in the evening before I go to bed

message 20: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (Wckdktty) | 13 comments Any time day or night. I read on my iPad so no one but me knows I am reading erotica.

message 21: by Pansy (new)

Pansy | 732 comments Whenever, wherever. I do not care.

message 22: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (GlitterKillah) | 2 comments I usually read in the early morning hours after my husband has left for work and the kids are still asleep (erotica anyways). But anything else i dont care where i am or when it is :-)

message 23: by A.C. (new)

A.C. Warneke (forsakened) | 45 comments I love the kindle because it allows me to read the hotter books anywhere, even if they sometimes make me blush. Of course, writing some of the more erotic elements is a different matter and I try to save that for when I am at home. It's one thing to read and enjoy what others have written, but it's a little different when it's coming from one's own warped imagination. :)

message 24: by Raven (new)

Raven Bower (Raven_Bower) | 5 comments Any time that there's free time to be had :)

message 25: by AnnMarie (new)

AnnMarie  (credoroza) Any time is a good time <3

message 26: by Wan (last edited Jun 17, 2012 05:56PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Erotica or not,I don't have the luxury of reading anytime I want. I can only read before bed and weekends. If I wake up extra early I can sneak in a few pages after I woke up.

However, I do have my back up books (mostly PNR not Erotica) in my car in case I have to wait for something or somewhere such as Dr. Office.

message 27: by Nina (new)

Nina (msralways) | 489 comments Any time that I have my eyes open or that I'm just not doing anything. :) Yeah, erotica or not. If it's a bunch of letter strung together and making sense, I'll be reading it. :)

message 28: by Wan (last edited Jun 19, 2012 11:35AM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Haha. Same here Nina. If I don't have a book in my hands I have to have something to read. OMG especially in Dr. Office, I'd read brochures of any shapes, types, and forms.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 213 comments Wan ~DragonsWan~ wrote: "Haha. Same here Nina. If I have a book in my hands I have to have something to read. OMG especially in Dr. Office, I'd read brochures of any shapes, types, and forms."

Lol, me too. I've read shampoo bottles, candy wrapprs, coupons... At least now with the Kindle app on my phone, I'm pretty much gauraneteed something to rea.

message 30: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 195 comments Lol.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I can read them anytime of the day! They're always a good mood lifter. However if it's really steamy/hot book, I'll read it at night. Like someone mentioned, reading erotic just seems right at night. :)

message 32: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 460 comments its never too early -- and always a good break, so anytime, anyplace, especially with my handy reader available

message 33: by Jacquel (new)

Jacquel (ClaireVioletThorpe) | 127 comments I say I open my books up at night, when no one can disturb me.

message 34: by Erica (new)

Erica (ssserica) | 14 comments I usually read at night. Erotica I read just as anything else since it's on my iPhone or e- reader anyway so no1 should know.. The other week my bf was bored on the train and started reading my iPhone he was like whoa! What are you reading? ( it was JR ward BDB) I had to play it off cuz I hate people in my biz on the train lol

unread topics | mark unread