The Traitor's Wife: A Novel of the Reign of Edward II The Traitor's Wife discussion

Would real people act this way?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rosemary Prawdzik Is it plausible that Hugh would have reacted so cavlierly to Edward II's overtures? Would Eleanor have taken her husband's homosexual infidelity with such little anguish when she professed to love him the way she did?

Brenda There were places in the book where logic did break down, but overall, I enjoyed it very much. Now I want to reread "The Three Edwards" to fill in more of the history.

Rosemary Prawdzik I've read the three Edwards. Most times very dry. Although now that I'm more familiar I might retread it. A non-fiction I really enjoyed was Plantagenets - I have to look up the title again. About halfway through I discovered the geneology charts at the back. I copied them and refer to them all the time now as who's who is so complex.

Brenda The Three Edwards was the third of four about the Plantagenets, and I read them all. I remember reading them faster than I expected. Rosemary, if you can remember the book you are talking about, I'd be interested in checking it out.

Rosemary Prawdzik The book is The Wars Of the Roses by Allison Weir.

Brenda wrote: "The Three Edwards was the third of four about the Plantagenets, and I read them all. I remember reading them faster than I expected. Rosemary, if you can remember the book you are talking about, ..."

Brenda wrote: "The Three Edwards was the third of four about the Plantagenets, and I read them all. I remember reading them faster than I expected. Rosemary, if you can remember the book you are talking about, ..."

Rosemary wrote: "I've read the three Edwards. Most times very dry. Although now that I'm more familiar I might retread it. A non-fiction I really enjoyed was Plantagenets - I have to look up the title again. About ..."

Brenda I do have that book. Thanks.

message 7: by Jo (last edited Oct 01, 2012 05:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo Try Thomas Costain. He wrote about the Plantagenets.
and I loved The Traitor's Wife.

Mary I have the boxed set of Costain's Plantagenet series. My aunt gave it to me many years ago. Don't remember much being made of Edward II's homosexuality in it. I don't think books were that explicit when Costain wrote.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Traitor's Wife: A Novel of the Reign of Edward II (other topics)