Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > ad for book giveaway

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 136 comments I tried to win a copy of THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON in the goodreads giveaway. That ended Dec. 20. I didn't win. Yesterday goodreads had one of those little square ads on the home page for THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON. It had an invitation to win a copy. So I clicked it, and it linked to THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON goodread's page. But there was no place where I could enter to win a copy of the book. Later yesterday, I saw that ad again on another goodreads page. But it still did not link to a place to enter to win a copy. But there was an ad on the page to go to THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON Facebook page, which I could not do from the computer I was using. Later, on another computer, I checked the Facebook pages, but there was no place to enter to win a copy there, either.

So what was the deal with that ad I saw twice yesterday? I really want that book, and goodreads is being a tease.

message 2: by Patrick, Director, Author Marketing (new)

Patrick Brown | 909 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "I tried to win a copy of THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON in the goodreads giveaway. That ended Dec. 20. I didn't win. Yesterday goodreads had one of those little square ads on the home page for THE ORPHAN ..."

The author/publisher who listed the ad probably just forgot to change the copy for it. I can have one of our ad department look into it.

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth  (techeditor) | 136 comments Patrick wrote: "Beth wrote: "I tried to win a copy of THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON in the goodreads giveaway. That ended Dec. 20. I didn't win. Yesterday goodreads had one of those little square ads on the home page fo..."

Darn, I was hoping you'd say the link is now repaired, and I can enter another contest for that book. I really want it. Looks like I'll have to wait until it's published and pay full price. At least it will be a hard cover.

message 4: by Patrick, Director, Author Marketing (new)

Patrick Brown | 909 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "Patrick wrote: "Beth wrote: "I tried to win a copy of THE ORPHAN MASTER'S SON in the goodreads giveaway. That ended Dec. 20. I didn't win. Yesterday goodreads had one of those little square ads on ..."

Yep, the giveaway ended on 12/20, but their ad is scheduled to run longer than that, so they'll just remove the frame of the GIF that mentions the giveaway. Sorry for the confusion.

unread topics | mark unread