The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Official Hobbit Trailer

Comments (showing 1-28 of 28) (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick (Whyzen) | 1278 comments http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb...

Not sure when they posted this.

Woot!

message 2: by JRush (new)

JRush | 64 comments Looks awesome, I always imagined the dwarfs to be a little more dwarfish though. I'm surprised there is no peak of the dragon.

message 3: by Alex (new)

Alex Ristea (alexristea) | 650 comments I've been following along with some of the production diaries, and as a Tolkien addict, I can't wait to see this movie!

message 4: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments fantastic, the countdown has officially begun!

message 5: by Tyler (new)

Tyler (buckybone) | 6 comments Jonathan wrote: "I'm surprised there is no peak of the dragon."

They're probably saving the Dragon for Part 2, "There and Back Again" in 2013.

Been waiting for this thing for years, excited as hell that it finally got made!

message 6: by Matt (new)

Matt | 90 comments Can't wait to see it but it looks like we're going to get more awkward singing...

message 7: by Boots (new)

Boots (Rubberboots) | 499 comments That certainly looks better than the animated version.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 929 comments I saw it today, and thought not going to be a bad movie, but I wished all the dwarfs were more Gimli like with deeper beards.

message 9: by Micah (new)

Micah (onemorebaker) | 1071 comments Just watched it. So glad that Peter Jackson directed them again. Should be great!

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael (Kovaelin) | 30 comments So many beards!

message 11: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments Jonathan wrote: "Looks awesome, I always imagined the dwarfs to be a little more dwarfish though. I'm surprised there is no peak of the dragon."

I think views of Smaug and the Battle of Five Armies are going to be saved for later teasers. Still not sure whether the Hobbit story is going to be the entire first movie and the second second film will be the story of Angmar, or how they're going to do it.

I know what you mean about the dwarves. I think they've concentrated on giving them an individuality that would have been difficult if they'd all looked stereotypically dwarvish. When you think of the dwarves you see with Gimli at the council of Elrond in the Fellowship of the Ring, they look a bit too alike for individual characterisation.

message 12: by aldenoneil (new)

aldenoneil | 1000 comments Paul 'Pezter' wrote: "they look a bit too alike for individual characterisation"

Dwarvist.

message 13: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments aldenoneil wrote: "Paul 'Pezter' wrote: "they look a bit too alike for individual characterisation"

Dwarvist."

I have been rumbled. I am an elf.

message 14: by Joe (new)

Joe (SilverPineapple) | 5 comments Peter Jackson gives a level of care to these movies that few give to adapted content. It will be amazing.

message 15: by Doug (new)

Doug S. (dougoftheabaci) | 248 comments I'm worried. He shot all of The Lord of The Rings in one go and no one really had any idea if it was going to be big or not. However, now they know The Hobbit is going to be big. Breaking records big.

I'm just so worried that the studio is going to step in and demand things where they might not have done as much with LoTR.

I hope I'm wrong and this trailer leads me to believe I might be.

As for all the dwarves looking alike, all of the elves looked very similar yet you could pick out who was who. Remember, this was only a quick shot of each dwarf. We'll learn to recognize them as time goes on.

Personally, I'm looking at this as an excuse to re-read The Hobbit, which I haven't done since third grade (a long time ago in a state far, far away).

message 16: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments I've been following the production diaries, and Weta have been releasing pictures:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

just keep clicking 'next' and salivating...

message 17: by Kris (new)

Kris (KVolk) | 796 comments to awesome..

message 18: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments ...and beyond! ;D

message 19: by Doug (new)

Doug S. (dougoftheabaci) | 248 comments Curse you, Paul Pezski!

message 20: by Keith (new)

Keith (Teleport-City) | 260 comments This movie better have that "Down Down to Goblin Town" song in it, or I'm boycotting!

message 21: by Paul 'Pezski' (new)

Paul 'Pezski' Perry (Pezski) | 386 comments Keith wrote: "This movie better have that "Down Down to Goblin Town" song in it, or I'm boycotting!"

Well, as it looks like we can see the "smash the plates" routine in the trailer, there is hope the other songs will be there.

message 22: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1326 comments I like the actor but I'm still trying to get use to the idea of Doctor Watson with pointy ears.They need to slip some Hobbit jokes into the next season of Sherlock.

message 23: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4670 comments Is the trailer in 48 frames per second?

message 24: by Louis (new)

Louis (osiramon) | 54 comments Tamahome wrote: "Is the trailer in 48 frames per second?"

Not if you see it on TV, it might be if you see in theater.

message 25: by kvon (new)

kvon | 554 comments They're up to #7 in the production blogs this month--inside the studios.

message 26: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 4670 comments Louis wrote: "Tamahome wrote: "Is the trailer in 48 frames per second?"

Not if you see it on TV, it might be if you see in theater."

How about on computer?

message 27: by G. (new)

G. (thisiswill) | 15 comments Swoon! Weird FPS or not, I will see this in the theatre at least twice.

message 28: by Doug (new)

Doug S. (dougoftheabaci) | 248 comments You could download the trailer and check. If it's done specifically for the web it might be 48 fps as your screen can handle that and higher, usually up to 60 fps.

unread topics | mark unread