Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Sarah's Key
This topic is about Sarah's Key
Book Issues > "Sarah's Key" is in need of fixing

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by JSWolf (last edited Dec 15, 2011 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JSWolf | 554 comments http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/69...

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay could use some fixing up

The description could use some fixing to make it look better and remove the bit that's not actually part of the description.

Paris, July 1942: Sarah, a ten year-old girl, is brutally arrested with her family by the French police in the Vel' d'Hiv' roundup, but not before she locks her younger brother in a cupboard in the family's apartment, thinking that she will be back within a few hours.

Paris, May 2002: On Vel' d'Hiv's 60th anniversary, journalist Julia Jarmond is asked to write an article about this black day in France's past. Through her contemporary investigation, she stumbles onto a trail of long-hidden family secrets that connect her to Sarah. Julia finds herself compelled to retrace the girl's ordeal, from that terrible term in the Vel d'Hiv', to the camps, and beyond. As she probes into Sarah's past, she begins to question her own place in France, and to reevaluate her marriage and her life.

The correct number of pages is 291.

It has the edition listed as nookbook and this is not a nookbook edition. It is an ePub edition if anything.

Thanks!

message 2: by Violetta (new)

Violetta | 436 comments done

message 3: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula (Paulaan) | 4673 comments The linked version is not an EBOOK but is paper according to worldcat and other sites.

The version that had nookbook specified is

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/69...

I am changing the linked version back to Paper and page count of 294 as per worldcat

message 4: by JSWolf (last edited Dec 15, 2011 08:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

JSWolf | 554 comments Sorry about the wrong link. It's been fixed after the fact.

The Worldcat information says that it's a Kindle version.
Details: Mode of access: Kindle.

The page number I gave is for the ePub version.

The page number that was changed was the wrong edition. The change was made to the paperback edition and this is not that edition. So the paperback need the correct page number and so does the eBook.

message 5: by Paula (last edited Dec 15, 2011 08:50AM) (new) - added it

Paula (Paulaan) | 4673 comments Now that's strange, never heard or seen Kindle editions with ISBN's they normally have ASIN's.

Yep - Worldcat does indicate its a Kindle - I'm not changing the info yet - I want to do a little more research first

Edit: Does anyone have any idea's why Kindle version has ISBN's? Uploaded info indicates the book record came from the publisher but I m not sure that is "total" correct

message 6: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula (Paulaan) | 4673 comments The only place that has this a Kindle is Worldcat, which is normally the bible!

This time I am leaving it as an ebook rather than switching to Kindle. The ISBN does work to B&N - Nookbook unless any one else can prove its a kindle edition somehow.

I have changed the page number

JSWolf | 554 comments B&N calls ePub with their flavor of DRM nookbooks. If the DRM is removed, it's a standard ePub same as Sony sells, same as BooksonBoard sells. Same as Kobo sells. The ISBN is the same regardless if B&N sells it or not. So using nookbook as the edition is wrong. It should be ePub if anything.

Anyway, in this case, Worldcat is wrong. Kindle eBooks currently do use ASIN and not ISBN as you so correctly pointed out.

Thank you for fixing the listing. Sorry for the confusion based on my incorrect link.

message 8: by Renske (new) - added it

Renske | 2699 comments Paula wrote: "The only place that has this a Kindle is Worldcat, which is normally the bible!
I have seen some other errors of Worldcat with the format.

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new) - rated it 3 stars

rivka | 22627 comments Mod
WorldCat does have occasional errors. Kindle editions never have visible ISBNs. That's Amazon policy.

unread topics | mark unread