St. Peter's Asylum discussion

The Asylum > The Common Room

Comments (showing 51-100 of 1,251) (1251 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

*~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis) (Silverfur) | 9995 comments Mod
In a good mood, the faint taste of oats and chocolate chips of the gronola bar she had earlier been given by Ethan. She was settled on the couch, Dolly Miss Molly safely placed on her narrow lap. Stomach full, Margot felt free to relax. She snuggled into the leather of the chair with a smile.

message 52: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Isobel  Stark | 7549 comments Mod
Penelope waltzed into the common room like a ghost, her brown waves flying behind her. A small smile was still on her lips, and the bruised, untouched little rosebuds were still red and raw from Zach.

Content with herself, and yet torn on the inside, Penelope acknowledged the younger girl with a nod and settled down on a leather chair.

message 53: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Hello," Margot greeted kindly, feeling bold since she had talked with the nerdy Ethan. Well, he thought he was nerdy. Margot found him brilliant. Dolly found him useful.

message 54: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Dark blue gaze studied the girl, along with the doll on her arms. Penelope smiled; she had been opening up to many more people lately. Could Zach be part of that?

"Hi."

message 55: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"How are you today?" The words felt flimsy and clumsy in her mouth. Uncomfortable. She wasn't used to being so sweet and open.

message 56: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Head of brown waves was cocked to the side. "I'm good. Yourself?"

message 57: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Fairly well, thank you for asking." Still, she sounded too formal, very stiff. She ran one translucent hand through dark brunette hair.

message 58: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A few moments of awkward silence, and then Penelope leaned fireweed and offeres a hand. "I'm Penelope."

message 59: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

[Heehee, fireweed. Sounds HP-ish. xD]

"Margot," came the reply, along with a firm handshake. "Abd this is Dolly Miss Molly, but she says she wants you to call her Dolly, like everyone else." Margot assisted Dolly with her hand, and offered it to Penelope.

message 60: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A small smile. "Hello, Dolly and Margot." The imaginary girl shook Dolly's hand.

message 61: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Looking pleased, Margot helped Dolly place her hand back. "Dolly thinks we share the same floor. Do you know if we do?"

message 62: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"I'm not sure. I'm on the first floor."

message 63: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"I'm more of a high-security patient," Margot reasoned with a dainty shrug, glancing at Dolly with a perplexed expression. Dolly Miss Molly was rarely wrong.

message 64: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Domonic lay sprawled along the soft leather couch, half-absorbed in a book he had gotten from the library. In truth, he barely knew what he was reading about, only that he needed to somehow pass the time until Cadenza would need him. Not before or after, because she had a special scheduler he couldn't ruin.

message 65: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (last edited Dec 18, 2011 07:37AM) (new)

The front-- not the back-- door was unlocked, and Yvette came inside surrounded by the hardly seen light of day. Shut as quickly as possible, th girl locked the door behind her and stuffed her keys back into her pocket.

Wearing a simple set of jeans and a white t-shirt, the green ribbons hung down from their spot in her hair to lay across her chest. Yvette smiled at Domonic and took a seat across from him.

message 66: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Delighted to have a distraction from the book, which had originally held as a horrible distraction from seeing his patient, Domonic tossed the book aside. He'd return it later. He returned Yvette's smile, and began to fumble with the string on his white sweatshirt. "Hey, Yvette. How's it going?"

message 67: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A shrug of her lithe shoulders. "It's fine. Yourself?"

Dainty, creamy little hand found the green ribbon laying across we breastbone and began to toy with the sheer fabric.

message 68: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"It's going good. Got a book from the library, met Kalin's patient." Domonic shrugged, twirling the smooth string of his sweatshirt around his finger.

message 69: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Yvette smirked. "Sounds fascinating. Tell me more?"

message 70: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Domonic rolled his eyes in good-nature. "So fascinating, I know, though I'm sure not as fascinating as the details of your day. Spill?"

message 71: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A light shrug. "Went to the circus, saw the show, came back."

message 72: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

Domonic nodded. "Thought so. Much more interesting." The sweatshirt string went into his mouth.

message 73: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"So you think," Yvette said with a roll of her eyes. "I can't look at it without critiquing them."

message 74: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"So what was there to criticize this week? No tigers? Clown wasn't fat enough? The cotton candy didn't stick to your mouth well enough?"

message 75: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A light slap. "Shut up."

Yvette smiled, though. "They're bull** was the dumbest I've ever seen, the flyers nearly dropped someone and I'm quite sure their fat lady was hardly 320."

[**"bull" as in elephant, not the cow with horns.]

message 76: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

[ :3 ]

A over dramacised wince, and Domonic rubbed where he had been lightly slapped, a pout forming on his coral pink lips. "Oowwwww, Yvette. You hurttttt."

"Well, I'm sorry try weren't as professional as you'd like them to be. But hey, I got an idea! We'll stuff you with food every hour, then you can be their new fat lady." He poked her stomach lightly. "You're not that far away. What are you now? A whopping one hundred pounds?"

message 77: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"Hardly," Yvette pouted, crossing her arms over her tiny stomach. "It's not my fault that I'm built for flying."

A small smirk was added. "Besides. I'm not going back."

Liar, she thought to herself.

message 78: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Until next week," Domonic said knowingly. Unless it proves to be too tempting, as always. "Then you'll come to me with more complaints about the /next/ circus that comes along."

message 79: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"Nu-uh."

Yvette argued helplessly; she knew it was true.

message 80: by Hope , I belong here more than they do. (new)

Hope  | 13902 comments Mod
((Ugh. We can't go here either. Ummm...the Library?))

Kat (SugarAddict) | 1183 comments ((Sure))

message 82: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

~Iso the Musical Prodigy:3~ wrote: ""Nu-uh."

Yvette argued helplessly; she knew it was true."

Domonic rolled his eyes. "You can't win and you know it, Yvette. I bet you're gonna steal raw meat from the kitchens tonight to feed the starving tigers." He grinned, string out of his mouth, and was now plucking at it with his fingers.

message 83: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A gentle shove. "Shut up. It's not my fault."

Smile was wide, however, and Yvette giggled. "Blame my mother for the tigers."

message 84: by *~Silvypoo~* (Chaser of Artemis), Life's a dance, you learn as you go. (new)

"Fine, I will. Yvette's mother, mother of Yvette, I blame you for making me suffer by giving your daughter something to come find me and complain about me to! Kill somebody and feed the damn striped kitties in the backyard!" He turned to look at Yvette, gray eyes blinking once, twice, three times. "Ok, I blamed your mother. Anything else?"

message 85: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Grin grew wider, and contagious giggles continued. "Stop it, stop it, I can't breathe."

message 86: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

((Mmm... Faded. I shall post~))

Weeks had passed since Zach's departure. Penelope found herself sprawled across the sofa in front of the fireplace, enjoying the heat. She always came here after her showers-- it dried her hair faster and warmed her up from the ice-water.

Long brown hair was tied up, and bruised body was cloaked in jeans and a t-shirt. Water dripped down her back from her hair, and she shivered slightly.

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments Closing the front door behind him, Zach waved at the receptionist before removing his coat and hat, hanging them on the coat tree and trotting down the hall. He hadn't seen Penelope in ages, and it made him vaguely excited.

Entering the common room, he immediately brightened at the sight of his girlfriend sprawled on the couch. "Penny!"

message 88: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

The imaginary girl glanced up lazily, then smiled when she recognized Zach. "Hey you," she said with a smile, opening her arms for a hug.

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments "Guess who?" Accepting the hug, Zach brushed her lips with his and smiled. "It's good to see you, Penny."

message 90: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"You too. How was home?"

Head of wet mocha locks was rested against his shoulder, and pale blue eyes looked up to meet his.

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments "It was fine. Mom and dad were glad to see me after so long." He nodded, smiling and running his fingers through her wet hair.

message 92: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"I bet they were. Was it a nice break?"

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments "It was a nice break, but I just came to visit again. Not here forever, you know." Zach shook his head, smiling broadly.

message 94: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"I know, I know. You explained it to me countless times. I get it," Penelope teased with a little giggle

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments "So are you glad to see me?" He pressed, lifting her chin so that her eyes met. A chuckle escaped his own lips as well, lips hard-pressed to keep from hers.

message 96: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

"No," she said, sarcasm heavy. "I've been without you for weeks and I'm not at all happy to see you."

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments "Let me make it up to you then," he replied with an almost-fake apologetic tone before his lips connected with hers.

message 98: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

Arms trailed their way behind his neck as lips met, and Penelope smiled against his kiss. Long fingers, with nails painted a pearly-white, toted with pale hair at the nape of his neck.

Thera (therjolras) | 2546 comments His own hand trailed up to her chin, cupping it gently as ran the other up to tangle itself in her hair.

After a moment, he broke the kiss gingerly. "We may need to go somewhere more private. Who knows what would happen if someone walked in on us."

message 100: by Isobel , Have no fear of perfection-- you'll never reach it. (new)

A little laugh. "Like anywhere in here is private?"

Penelope stood, though, and she took hold of Zach's hand. "C'mon. They never come in my room."

((and travel! XD))

unread topics | mark unread