Martial Arts Fiction discussion

Dukkha The Suffering > My new fiction

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Loren (new)

Loren Christensen (LorenChristensen) | 30 comments After writing 45 nonfiction books, I signed a deal with YMAA Publishing for a fiction series of at last three books about Sam Reeves, a Portland, Oregon police detective and martial artist. The first one, Dukkha, was released this week as an Amazon e-reader (Kindle and the like). The paperback will be out next month.

message 2: by Goran (new)

Goran Powell (Goranpowell) | 31 comments Mod
It's on my kindle and next in line for reading... looking forward to it and congrats on your first fiction title!!

message 3: by Loren (new)

Loren Christensen (LorenChristensen) | 30 comments Thanks Goran. Anxiously awaiting your next.

Dutch, my websites are
www.lwcbooks.com and www.lorenchristensen.com

The amazon author's page is
http://www.amazon.com/Loren-W.-Christ...

Thanks,

L

message 4: by Goran (new)

Goran Powell (Goranpowell) | 31 comments Mod
Just finished reading Dukkha and thoroughly enjoyed it, I have added my review on Goodreads too! Congrats Loren on a fine start to your trilogy!!

message 5: by Rick (new)

Rick Kirkham (KirkhamsEbooks) | 4 comments Loren!

I didn't know you wrote martial arts fiction too!

Good to know,

Rick

message 6: by Carl (new)

Carl | 5 comments Look forward to reading your novel, do you remember a couple of martial arts books from yrs ago, one called Mondo from the early eightie and another featured a hero called Capitan. Good luck!

message 7: by Loren (new)

Loren Christensen (LorenChristensen) | 30 comments Carl wrote: "Look forward to reading your novel, do you remember a couple of martial arts books from yrs ago, one called Mondo from the early eightie and another featured a hero called Capitan. Good luck!"

Hey Carl. Mondo sounds familiar but not the other. Good?

message 8: by Carl (new)

Carl | 5 comments At the time it was good, i was going through my Bruce Lee phase, prob very dated now. You read any Jonathon Mayberry? Also a good martial arts cop series by Richard Laplante, not many books but good.

message 9: by Loren (new)

Loren Christensen (LorenChristensen) | 30 comments No on both. I just Put them on the list.
While I read in the same genre Iin which Im writing, I try not to to get to specific. For example, I read a lot of Robert Crais, Michael Connely and Lee Childs, but I rarely read other martial arts fiction. I don't want to accidentally pick up on something a MA writer is doing.

message 10: by Carl (new)

Carl | 5 comments I love Crais as well but he mostly alludes to Cole meditating MA style.
Reacher is just a big tough blunt instrument.
There is not a lot of MA books around at the moment I think.

unread topics | mark unread