Shut Up & Read discussion

City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)
This topic is about City of Fallen Angels
Archives > City Of Fallen Angels

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Has anybody else reading/read this book? It's so awesome so far I'm beginning to think it is better than the third book which I LOVED! Ilove that there is new characters and villians and more action.

What are your favorite moments from this book? Do you like it or think its any good so far? What made you say "Awwwww!" Or "Lmao!"

message 2: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new) - added it

Sheri | 9302 comments Mod
I haven't read this series yet, but it's on my TBR list :)

Anastasia | 338 comments i think it was pretty good though i thought she was done at the third book, I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Arushi (aruskabomb) Alice Belikov wrote: "Has anybody else reading/read this book? It's so awesome so far I'm beginning to think it is better than the third book which I LOVED! Ilove that there is new characters and villians and more actio..."

There are DEFINITELY more characters and this book is very action packed but Clare has butchered the old characters SO much. Don't get me wrong, the writing is gorgeous but Jace and Simon and just unlike their old self. I feel like the story's kinda dragging but I'm a big fan of Clare's work so there's no doubt that I'll finish the series haha

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Arushi wrote: "Alice Belikov wrote: "Has anybody else reading/read this book? It's so awesome so far I'm beginning to think it is better than the third book which I LOVED! Ilove that there is new characters and ..."

That's is true about Simon and Jace but I really like how they are now. You have to think about what they've been through in the past books, and of course those kind of events can change anyones character. I kind of feel like I've watch them grow into themselves and that's why I love thus book even more :) - I can't wait for the next books. Have any of you read Clockwork Angel ? Is it a spin off series or somethin? I might make a thread on that later on.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice Belikov wrote: "Has anybody else reading/read this book? It's so awesome so far I'm beginning to think it is better than the third book which I LOVED! Ilove that there is new characters and villians and more actio..."

i am readin it right now

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments How are you liking it?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

pretty good so far.......and pretty funny as well so i like so far

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments Yea it is pretty funny, I love Simon <3

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Alice Belikov wrote: "Yea it is pretty funny, I love Simon <3"

yes me too

Arushi (aruskabomb) Ah~ what you're saying totally makes sense and I agree with you to a certain extent but again, what I said before was completely my opinion about the characters. I personally liked the arrogant and flippant Jace who had an answer to everything as opposed to a constricted Jace who sulked all day. LOL I love these books too! They actually make me think.

The Clockwork Angel is kind of like a prequel to the 'Mortal Instruments' series :) I've heard great stuff about it. I'm definitely reading that one next! :D

MeMe Belikova First lady Ivashkov (AliceBelikovReads) | 975 comments I'm a few pages away from finishing and I agree with you about Jace he really isnt the same, I get he doesn't want to hurt Clary but I hate when authors make the strongest characters weak because they are in love *cough Twilight lol. Jace had some funny moments throughout the book(when he wasn't around Clary). I really enjoyed Simon and Kyle's character, I would rather hear about them than Clary and Jace to be honest I'm really waiting for Clary to kick sum demon butts in one of these book :)

So clockwork Angel has all the mortal instrument ppl in it? And I have heard it was better than this series! I can't wait to read it!

Arushi (aruskabomb) Ooh I really hope that you've finished it and I hopefully didn't spoil anything for you. I'm glad that you're enjoying the book though! & AMEN to that~ Haha I'd say Jace DID act very Edward-y but I'd never compare both of them just because you know ._. I totally understood where Jace was coming from, maybe that's why I wasn't overly happy because I just can't see him like that.

Simon was such a playaa!! It did bring some spice to the novel and eep~ who DIDN'T love kyle? He was a total charmer!

Oh no no Clockwork Angel is a totally different series. It's about shadowhunters BEFORE Jace and Clary. I think one of the characters is jace's father, Will Herondale but again we'd just have to read it to know :)

Karina Kantas | 67 comments I've just finished Clockwork Angel and I'm reading Clockwork Prince at the mo. It's one of my fav series to date. Next on my list is Mortal Instruments novels.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Clockwork Angel (other topics)