Are You A Hunger Games Fanatic? discussion

Hunger Games Fun! > Debate, THG

Comments (showing 1-50 of 225) (225 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Faith Noelle Smith | 1205 comments Mod
This is where we can debate about The Hunger Games trailer, books upcoming movie. What we dont like and like what Gray Ross should have done but didnt. So lets get started....

message 2: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Any thoughts?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Gary Ross should of tried harder with the casting..No Josh Hutcherson. Perhaps more money for the scenery? I think it needs to look realistic. I know we haven't seen it, so I can't judge.

message 4: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Right, I think he should have tried hared on making the capitol look better. I was looking at some pictures he posted from the flim and the loook nothing like what the capitol should. All drity and old. Is that really what the capitol should look like?! I thought the casting was okay but its just there are so many other things that he should fix, so many detalis that fans care about that he wont even look at.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments (Hi Faith!) Hmm..Yes. I also think the District people should be starving. In bad shape. They looked healthy and strong, but they shouldn't be.

message 6: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

(Hi.) Right again, I dont think he did a good job on the distrcit 12 kids in genral. They dont look starving. And the fence that is around the woods? Please tell me, what is up with that, it looks thorwn together. What do ya'll say?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments haha..Yea, the fence is embarassing. Do you mean by ya'll not me?

message 8: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Just, everyone who commetns. I mean how hard is it to make a fence look good? That one of KAtniss's things she had to get though the fence and that fence doesnt even look like it stands a chance. It looks like any random person could just walk right though. Gray Ross put(and is still putting) so much money into the hair and makeup of snow or Effie and the set of the games that he cant even consider the simple things. For one, WHY ISNT THE BACKPACK ORANGE?! How hard is it to go out and buy a orange backpack? The fence, oh the fence that needs wrok.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments And Effie. Oh, why does she have to look 100 and creepy! She is like in her 30s, not 100s! And she is supposed to have PINK hair NOT WHITE!

message 10: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Actaully she is old trying to look young thats what I got from it. ((Look at what I posted on chat))) I mean I think Gray Roos could have maybe gone though the truobble of finding a white Cinna!! Not, that I am races but I dont think he should of been black. Now I kinda like him. Any thoughts on Haymitch?

Ian (magicboyd5) | 10 comments I like the actor of haymitch! He is scraggly and just how I pictured him to be. I know he will be a good fit for him since The actor for Haymitch is a very good actor!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Only Rue. They did well with Amandla Stenburg. But everyone else...no. Jennifer Lawrence is too old to be Katniss (although I have nothing against her coloring or shape or fitness or anything), Lenny Kravitz is just NOT Cinna, Josh Hutcherson is not Peeta, and I don't like Liam Hemsworth at all. And Haymitch's hair is dark like Katniss's, he was a Seam person too. He's not BLOND.

And Cato's not buff enough...he's too tall.

message 13: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

I actually thought Jennifer is a good fit for KAtniss even though she might be a little to old there is something thats called makeup. At least they are good at that. I didnt think Lenny should play Cinna at all! That makes me mad, he is nothing like Cinna! Cinna is soft and sweet and Lenny... He just isnt that. Right, Hsymitch's hair is BLOND! What is up with that? Why dont they just use a wig?! I like him as an actor just he doesnt look like someone from seam. Any thoughts on Effie?!

Eve (emusings) | 96 comments I think Effie will be great! I'm really pissed at the Cinna casting, though. That's just wrong. Cinna's not at all like Lenny.

message 15: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (last edited Dec 10, 2011 06:14PM) (new)

Yes! I know how you feel! Cinna shouldnt have been casted as Lenny. Here is my list:

. NOT Letting Suzzan Collins help on the set! D:

2. The actor for Haymitch is all wrong(in my oppion) he should have long hair!

3. Rue, you ccant sing her mocking tune!! GRRR

4. to me, the capitol looks all wrong

5. Gray Ross isnt might not be putting Foxface in the movie!

6. Where is Clove?!!

7. I didnt picture Cinna as Black

8. We have to wait a whole yer for CF

9. The gate they is around the woods doesnt even look good, just thrown together with some wire

10. Katniss' backpack was black not orange!!!

11. I didnt see any Cornacopiea(sp) in the trailer

Anything I should add? Also, make your own its fun!

message 16: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Thank you. Also, What eles is there we should say? Anything.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Okay so:
1. district people AREN'T straving
2. fence is pathetic
3. effie is creepy
4. haymitch isn't drunk
5. district 12 looks too nice and pretty
6. you know my Josh problem
7. other actors problem with: all except for Rue's
8. training center too hi-tech
9. Oh yes, Caesar DOESN'T have bright blue hair or is how I envisoned it. It's dark.

message 18: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Hahaha! Thats a good list.

message 19: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Okay nice. How lets debate or some of this guys, come'on! :D Okay well so ya'll have any words on Presisdent Snow?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments ALSO NO MADGE! :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
And Mary, about number 2, Gale is descirbed as good looking and handsome and Peeta is decribed as beautiful.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Yea, Josh is..weird looking.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments ANYWAY! SORRY IT'S JUST I CAN RANT ABOOUT HOW JOSH ISN'T PEETA FOR FOREVER SO I HAVE TO STOP! OKayu..Pres Snow's actor. I haven't watched any movies he is in...but maybe scary looking? He wasn't..

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments He did LOOK LIKE SANTA! Katniss did mention his blown up lips.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Cool..Uh. Well BACK TO THE DEBATE! WHAT ELSE DIDN'T YOU LIKE?

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

HER INTERVIEW DRESS IS A FREAKING RED TARP WRAPPED AROUND HER. WHERE ARE THE JEWELS AND THE FIRE IMPRESSION? CINNA IS SMARTER THAN RED TARPS.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I KNOW! I SAW ANOTHER DRESS IN THERE TOO, BUT IT WAS B-L-A-C-K!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

OHMIGOD REALLY? BUT SHE ONLY WEARS FIVE DRESSES OVER THE COURSE OF THE BOOK, AND NONE OF THEM ARE BLACK!

I want something or somebody to go die...

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Exactly! Gary Ross should redo this movie!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I think Gary Ross has 4382345932 million haters. Poor Gary Ross :*(

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Actually, he's probably doing the best he can. I will not be one of the haters, because I do not Have Anger Toward Everyone Reaching Success.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I think he is. All of the fans are TOTALLY counting on him.

message 32: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (last edited Dec 13, 2011 04:12AM) (new)

((Okay, there ia hafe spaming hafe not so I want to give ya'll the task of finding the spam and PLEASE delete it. Thanks guys!))

Lea, your right the fans are COUNTING on him to make a good movie. If he doesnt he will dissapoint at least 100 fans of the serise. One being me, I dont want to hate on him though even though lots of his actors/actress are way off he is trying. Hopefully. If he needs help why doesnt he ask Suzanna Collins?!!! I think she should be there to help in my oppion. Any thoughts?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I think Suzanne Collins IS helping him. Plus, there are millions of HG fans. Like there's only so many on Goodreads, but there are hundreds and millions of others on other book websites and HG fansites. All over the world..*daydreaming about when movie comes out*

message 34: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Right, but if she was helping she would have been able to fix the details that he misses. Why isnt she doing that? Cuase I mean she did write the book's. He wont even sit down and read them. Any thought on Gray Ross as the dierector?(sp)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, of course she did. I think she's doing okay portraying Katniss. Only okay, mind you.

But the DIRECTOR didn't read it? *shakes head* What is this world coming to?

message 36: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

I agree. I think she is doing a pretty good job. I was cheecking Mockingjay.net and it had an interviwe of the girl who was playing Foxface.(forgot her name) I think its Jackie(sp). What do ya'll think of the actress play Prim?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Lighter hair, bluer eyes. But I think she did okay acting-wise...in the trailer, anyway.

message 38: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Yeah, I like her. I think she will do good. She nailed the emtions at the reaping, I was impressed. If she can cry like that on the spot and make it look REAL I cant wait to see what she does in the rest of the movie!

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments She is okay. I mean, cute and all, but she isn't an exact replica of her. I loved when she was crying, that scene. She did a pretty good job, I think.

message 40: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Me too but, what eles did you think she was going to look like?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments Well she I imagined her as having blue eyes and lighter hair. And lighter in weight.

message 42: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

She doesnt look that heavy. Okay, next topic what about the capitol?

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it's not inherently a place of evil, because most of its population are fashion-obsessed airheads like Effie and Flavius. Then there are the rebels, like Plutarch and Cinna. (By the way, I hate grouping them together). Then there is the totalitarian government, with our homie Prezzie Snow at the head. So really, Snow was always the one to kill.

message 44: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

I like that! Its was funny and true. I agree actually. I dont think Cinna and Plutarch belong in a group at all! There are nothing alike. Cinna died a hero and Plutarch is just... Plutarch. What about the whole Katnisss is Pregnant thing? Did you belive, think it was real? What do ya'll think?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments ummmmm....I didn't believe it..I mean,it sounded reasonable for the Capitol since ya know "star-crossed lovers from District 12", but not if you know Katniss. I'm still mad that they might of forced her to marry Peeta at 16. Like really?! I was convinced there was going to be a wedding until the QQ. Ugh

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

The pregnancy was fake, but it would have seemed real to everyone except Haymitch and their families. And maybe not even Peeta's family.

message 47: by Faith Noelle, Head Mod. (new)

Yeah. Did ya'll belive it at the being? I mean I kinda did I thought it was real then I got it, nope not real. What did yall think of the 2nd book-overall?

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I think for one milli-milli second I did. But then reason took over. The second book..Ahh. I wish I had it. ANYWAY! It was awesome. I enjoyed reading about "daily" life in Victor's Village. And the areana again, what a suprise! I never guess things correctly :) Plus everyone was even more amazing and but it makes me sad too.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I thought the introduction of Snow as a real opponent in the game and not just a detached faceless enemy was very important, and kind of creepy-awesome. And the second arena was brilliant - no one saw that coming, according to every fan site I've been on.

Lea (Peeta's #1 Fangirl!) (3teofilea3) | 523 comments I loved/hated the talk with Snow..

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread