VAMPS-R-US discussion

The Bite Before Christmas (Argeneau, #15.5; Night Huntress, #6.5)
This topic is about The Bite Before Christmas
Monthly Reading Challenge > CHIRSTMAS VAMPS!!!!!!!!!

Comments (showing 1-17 of 17) (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited Dec 10, 2011 05:24PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tiffany (Vampoholic) | 3255 comments Mod
Whose in?! Its that time of the year again, Christmas, and what would most of us like under our tree? A VAMPIRE!!

This month lets read some holiday stories vamp style, I put up a couple choices, and plan on looking for more as well. Please feel free to post more suggestions!!

The Bite Before Christmas (Argeneau, #15.5; Night Huntress, #6.5) by Lynsay Sands......In Lynsay Sands' "The Gift," Katricia Argeneau knows grey-eyed cop Teddy Brunswick is her life mate. She just needs to convince him they belong together, and being snowbound in a secluded cabin will make this a Christmas neither will forget.

It's "Home for the Holidays" in Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series. Cat and Bones may long to wrap presents and set up a tree, but this Christmas, an evil vampire and long-buried family secrets will threaten to take a bite out of their holiday cheer.

Tiff finished
Rjsmommy
Evil Twin One (Ange)

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire (Love at Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks.....Toni Davis's Christmas wish list

1. Springing my best friend from the psych ward.

2. Living somewhere that doesn't have coffins in the basement. Occupied coffins.

3. Finding Mr. Right. Please make him tall, dark, handsome, and alive.

This Christmas isn't so merry for Toni. Her best friend's been locked up in a mental hospital ever since she told the police she was attacked by vampires, and the only way for Toni to get her out is to prove that bloodsuckers really do exist. So she's taken a job as a bodyguard for the Undead, but she gets more than she bargained for, especially when she meets Ian MacPhie, a Scottish rascal looking for Ms. Right.

Although Ian's nearly five centuries old, he looks and acts like a twenty-seven-year-old hunk.

How can a dead man be so damn sexy? Could Mr. Wrong be Mr. Right? One forbidden kiss could lead to an eternity of passion—and all it takes is one moment under the mistletoe . . .

Tiff finished

message 2: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited Dec 15, 2011 03:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Here's a few more!!!!

A Vampire for Christmas by Susan Hanniford Crowley.....Georgia doesn't know she's a Harmony. Jobless and about to be homeless, her heart sinks when a hand snatches the coat of her dreams from the storefront window. Then she sees him staring at her reflection . . . the stalker.

Trevor Stenwood, a vampire and Arnhem Knight, is handsome, sophisticated, and tongue-tied every time he sees her. Sworn to protect the supernaturals of the city, he's fallen for a woman marked for death by demons. How can he save her when she's afraid of him?

At Christmas time in New York City, will love bloom in the snow?

Debbie aka Vampire Vixen

How to Ruin Christmas for a Vampire (How to Ruin, #2) by Crymsyn Hart......A hot and feisty new next door neighbor leads Jarreth to destroy gingerbread men with gumdrop buttons littering his lawn. The cold of many lonely winters has frosted his eternal heart, until Diana strolls in with her garish Christmas music, which he can't stand. He denies his feelings for her, until he finds Diana is threatened by his old vampire flame.

Throwing aside the vow never to love again, Jarreth steps in and saves her only to find out he could lose her one again.

Christmas Moon  A Novella (A Vampire for Hire #4.5) by J.R. Rain....Mother, wife, private investigator...vampire. Seven years ago, federal agent Samantha Moon was the perfect wife and mother, your typical soccer mom with the minivan and suburban home. Then the unthinkable happens, an attack that changes her life forever. And forever is a very long time for a vampire.

Now with Christmas just around the corner, Samantha Moon finds herself taking on a very strange case. A mysterious family treasure has been stolen, something priceless that's been passed down through the generations, something buried in secrets. Samantha's reward is simple: she gets half of whatever it is...if she can find it first.

And just as the holidays threaten to consume her, Samantha is approached by a very mysterious man, someone who knows all her secrets, a man who might not be a man at all. This Christmas, Samantha Moon's world is about to be rocked...

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Tiffany wrote: "Whose in?! Its that time of the year again, Christmas, and what would most of us like under our tree? A VAMPIRE!!

This month lets read some holiday stories vamp style, I put up a couple choic..."

I'm up for The Bite Before Christmas...I already have it but haven't read to it yet...

Evil Twin One (Ange) (teamvampire13) | 295 comments Oh I'll definitely read The Bite Before Christmas. Can never get enough of Bones!!

message 5: by Rjsmommy (last edited Dec 10, 2011 08:41AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rjsmommy | 326 comments Tiffany wrote: "Whose in?! Its that time of the year again, Christmas, and what would most of us like under our tree? A VAMPIRE!!

This month lets read some holiday stories vamp style, I put up a couple choic..."

src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I..." width="50" height="80" /> A Taste of Midnight

I don't know if it qualifies as a "Christmas Novella" but it does technically start off with a Christmas celebration. A little taste of Midnight Breed before the next one comes out in January.

P.S. You don't know how long it took me to figure out how to get that picture up there! Still don't know how to get the link to show up with the little hand when you hover over it.

message 6: by Rayna , Beware I BiTe! Well actually nibble :z (new) - added it

Rayna  | 1785 comments Mod
to rjsmommy....lol
if you wat to add a picture of the book when you are in the commet section right above the box there is that writing add book/author. When you press this ad go to search...before you press insert on the bottom check cover and it will appear.

Rjsmommy | 326 comments I must have done something wrong because I kept getting the link only. I don't think I saw that cover step. I'll have to try next time. Thanks for the help :)

message 8: by Rayna , Beware I BiTe! Well actually nibble :z (new) - added it

np

message 9: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol. And yes that def qualifies! ;-)

message 10: by Rayna , Beware I BiTe! Well actually nibble :z (last edited Dec 11, 2011 10:04PM) (new) - added it

i really wanna read that one! Plan on taking it on vacation with me!

Just finished The Bite Before Christmas...I'll keep my comments to myself until the appropriate date..(or you can look in my review that I posted).

message 12: by Rjsmommy (last edited Jan 02, 2012 05:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rjsmommy | 326 comments OK...so the finish date is over and I'm going to post my comments.

I read this book and wonder if I shouldn't have. I've started both series but am not caught up with either. I've read the first 4 ( out of 6) in Night Huntress but only again the first four in the Argeneau series (out of 16). I enjoyed the Night Huntress but I was reading the whole series at once (including shorts) and just went on overload and needed a break. The Argeneau series I stopped because they all seemed to be the same but I do (or possibly did) intend to go back and finish it.

So onto this book. I just couldn't get into Teddy's and Tricia's story...too much of a SQUEE factor, I know she was 1600 years old...but she looked 25 and he was 64! And I know he changed to his gorgeous 25 yr. old self but sorry throughout the whole story I just couldn't help myself. I could not get into it...I guess I'm an ageist. I have to ask, are the rest of the stories like that? The first few weren't. I don't know if I could get through an entire novel with a 65 yr. old guy (or gal) lusting after some 25 yr. old hottie. I noticed the next novel features a young fortyish human woman hooking up with some like 22 yr. old vamp guy...that may even be pushing my limits. I'm almost afraid to go back to the series now. What did you guys think about it?

I did enjoy the Night Huntress one. The idea of Bones longing for a family and finally getting one was a perfect Christmas story. I loved that he finally got the story surrounding his birth and that Ian is his cousin is awesome...just another way to irk Cat. Did I miss the story of why Ian got his warding tattoo in one the the books I still have to read..or is a story waiting to be revealed? It sounds like it may be interesting considering his reluctance to talk about it...considering he'll say just about anything.

message 13: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (last edited Jan 05, 2012 08:48AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL. Ian's personal story has not come out yet, so no, you did not miss those details. And I agree I loved that Bones' true story finally came about.

As fot the Argeneaus, YES U ARE JUST AN AGEIST!!!!!! LOL. There is one book in particular, Elivi's can't remember which one it is, that there are quite a few older women who find themselves being lifemate. I think its sweet that these older ppl finally find true love after having, sometimes, tragic lives!!! Lol. And they do not STAY old, they are gifted with eternal youth. After reaching what they believe to be the end of their life they find it to be only the beginning. And to have it be a full life with love and happiness, and children they have little worry of losing. One character did face the tragedy of losing a child in their human life, but now has the chance once again to have children. That aspect in and of itself I truly love the most. ;-)

Rjsmommy | 326 comments OK...I accept that I am an ageist! What a horrible thought; especially since my friend just married a guy 14 years younger than her...but I like Miguel! I don't know about the series though, I'll have to try reading and see if I can make it through. If one really makes me squirm I guess I can just skip it and go to the next.

message 15: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lol. True. ;-)

message 16: by Dan, Deadly, dangerous and out for blood..... (new)

Dan (dan2345) | 626 comments Mod
*sigh*....I miss Christmas. LOL.

message 17: by Tiffany, *nIGHT mISTRESS* on a MisSiOn! (new) - rated it 5 stars

LOL. I don't!