Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

Do I Know You? > From Aardvark to Zebra

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Almeta (MenFromMarrs) | 992 comments Mod
What kind of creature are you? Let’s get to know each other better, by completing these phrases from A to Z.

Annoyed by ...
Barely got through ...
Can't seem to ...
Don't wanna ...
Everybody always says ...
Fix it or forget it?
Gotta get my hands on ...
Help, I'm ...
I'm a huge fan of ...
Jealous or open-minded?
Karma believer?
Love to ...
My Mama always said ...
Never did ...
Obsessed with ...
Pancakes with syrup or powdered sugar?
Quite orderly or "I'll get it later"?
Rather be ...
Significant other always calls me ...
Terrified of ...
Undecided or quick to pick?
Victory! I finally ...
Wish I could go to ...
Xtreme sport I want to try is ...
You must know this ...
Zombie books ...

Shared by Steph from SOS: Serious Overload of Series group

message 2: by Rocio (last edited Dec 09, 2011 02:12PM) (new)

Rocio Rodriguez Torres (Scarlet86) | 50 comments Annoyed by my boss, total office quarterback!!!
Barely got through my Sudoku this morning, since is Friday I got the “Hard Puzzle”.
Can't seem to think of anything to put in here :(
Don't wanna be old :(, I’m still depressed from my last B-day…in getting older !!!
Everybody always says “think well what u need before you do anything”
Fix it or forget it? Fix, try, If I can’t fix it, normally I brake it in frustration
Gotta get my hands on the new SK book!!!
Help, I'm clueless about my X-mas shopping!!!
I'm a huge fan of R-Patz, I think he’s so cute.
Jealous or open-minded? Open minded, way open minded for my husband, that’s why he’s the jealous one. (I’m a good girl, don’t get me wrong).
Karma believer? Yeap, karma’s a bitch!!!
Love to have more cats, right now I only have 3: Whisky, Vodka and Frida.
My Mama always said “you gotta be practical in life”
Never did listen to my mother!!!
Obsessed with books!!! I buy buy buy, my to read list is nearly 80 books, which is not too much, but if you consider that I only put books on my “to read shelf” once I bought it, then ….
Pancakes with syrup or powdered sugar? Syrup, maple!!!!
Quite orderly or "I'll get it later"? Later, next month, next year until I mercifully forget about it !!!
Rather be a social person, I’m to awkward….
Significant other always calls me “Mi Chio”, Chio is for Rocio, so basically “My Chio”
Terrified of roaches!!! I literally scream and get up my couch if I see one.
Undecided or quick to pick? Undecided definitely, it took me like 5 minutes to think and analyze myself for the answer :)
Victory! I finally got my kid to do his homework without complaining!!!
Wish I could go to Argentina, they say the cutest guys on Latin America are on Argentina.
Xtreme sport I want to try is walking!!! I don’t do sports!!!
You must know this, I’m supposed to be working right now, but I rather be doing this.
Zombie books or movies are a no no.

message 3: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Scarlet, this is great.

You have a wonderful sense of humor!

I am still trying to compile mine.

message 4: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2436 comments Mod
Almeta wrote: "What kind of creature are you? Let’s get to know each other better, by completing these phrases from A to Z.

Annoyed by ...
Barely got through ...
Can't seem to ...
Don't wanna ...
Everybod..."

Oh... wow... I've gotta take some time out from reading to do this! Great idea!

message 5: by Debra (new)

Scarlet86 wrote: "Annoyed by my boss, total office quarterback!!!
Barely got through my Sudoku this morning, since is Friday I got the “Hard Puzzle”.
Can't seem to think of anything to put in here :(
Don't wanna be ..."

Too funny AND insightful, Scarlet! I definitely consider walking an Xtreme sport. I can't even make myself do that!

message 6: by Debra (last edited Dec 10, 2011 06:55AM) (new)

Annoyed by ... people who have no work ethic. Some people at work drive me nuts!
Barely got through ... a recent 24 hour reading marathon. It was fun, though!
Can't seem to ... stop buying books. If I can't get one from the library, then I feel compelled to buy it! I'm only supposed to be buying Stephen King.
Don't wanna ... endure another winter in Michigan. I hate the cold!
Everybody always says ... if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. My lips are sealed! Mwahhahhaha
Fix it or forget it? Forget it and donate it or throw it out. OR see if my sister can fix it! Lol I'm not handy with fixing stuff.
Gotta get my hands on ... the 25th Anniversary Edition of IT. It's not released yet and it's about $75. Maybe for my birthday!
Help, I'm ... sad because my son is probably not coming home for the holidays and that he can't find a job. Bummed! Wish I were rich!
I'm a huge fan of ... (bet you can guess this one!) STEPHEN KING, my hero!
Jealous or open-minded? Open-minded most of the time, but I have been known to get jealous over silly things at times. I'm open to most lifestyles and flirting is okay with me. I'm secure in knowing who my hubby will be sleeping with each night.
Karma believer? Believer… there better be karma because some people have a LOT coming to them. What goes around, comes around! Just wish I could be there to see it happen to some folks I've known.
Love to ... read, read, read. And be with my kitty - she likes to lay on me while I'm reading!
My Mama always said ... "Get your secretarial skills; you can always fall back on them." And she was right. I naturally progressed from administrative positions to computer positions because of her advice.
Never did ... get to scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef. Still a dream to go to Australia and do that!
Obsessed with ... books, clothes, and GoodReads!
Pancakes with syrup or powdered sugar? Syrup. Although, I'm not much of a pancake eater. I prefer eggs for breakfast!
Quite orderly or "I'll get it later"? Mixed! I'm very orderly at work and don't prorcrastinate; but at home it's an entirely different matter.
Rather be ... Rich, svelte, and beautiful. LOL Okay, I KNOW it's not the answer to true happiness, but it couldn't hurt!
Significant other always calls me ... sweetie and never uses a nickname like Deb or Debbie when using my name. He then calls me Debra and when feeling playful, Debra Lee. (That's my middle name.)
Terrified of ... growing old alone, and getting dementia.
Undecided or quick to pick? Undecided sometimes and need other's opinions; then other times very impulsive. I get buyer's remorse often!
Victory! I finally ... got my book cases moved and set up, thanks to my sister. She's my decorating guru!
Wish I could go to ... Maine,meet Stephen King, and get his support on the book I want to write!
Xtreme sport I want to try is ... hmmmm, none for me thank you. Unless scuba diving is considered an Xtreme sport!
You must know this ... about me. I'm most alive when I'm talking about books with others. I just light up when I get to share.
Zombie books ... Not my favorite horror monster, but I've read some very good zombie books. Based on other people's recommendations I have a few I plan on reading in the next 3 months.

message 7: by Almeta, co-moderator (last edited Dec 13, 2011 10:01AM) (new)

Annoyed by resistance to changing bad behavior. “I can’t help it, it’s the way I am”, is a very irritating statement to me. It pushes my buttons and I fly into “speech/teach” mode.
Barely got through Drood.
Can't seem to stop buying books.
Don't wanna ever be without my friends.
Everybody always says, “You don’t know how to say no, and you should learn”.
Fix it or forget it? Fix it. It’s the challenge!
Gotta get my hands on a big winning lottery ticket.
Help, I'm running out of time.
I'm a huge fan of Stephen King, Amy Winehouse, Johnny Depp (He’s on my dance card!).
Jealous or open-minded? Open-minded. Although I have to say it was a struggle in self-teaching. Love is a grave mental illness. – Plato paraphrased
Karma believer? Well, when I say that “I want to be a witness when my enemies “get pay back”, then aren’t I messing up my own? So I question the validity of Karma when things go bad for little angelic me, but expect Karma to be working for those that caused me personal offense. Karma is tricky. Let’s just go for Cold Revenge with a View.
Love to know what to put here.
My Mama always said “Let’s go shopping” She should’a been a pro. We always got the most unusual gifts.
Never did get into drugs. Not saying that I didn’t try them, because my friends would describe some pretty unusual “trips” to me that made me curious. They just never did anything for me.
Obsessed with food textures. I like the flavor of most foods, but their textures get me. I don’t chew on celery strings, but I use celery salt. I don’t eat strawberries because the seeds make me feel as though I am eating sand. Oooh, and don’t get me started on tomatoes; they are full of snot!
Pancakes with syrup or powdered sugar? Neither, I just use butter. Don’t crave sugar. Just get me a “salt lick” block.
Quite orderly or "I'll get it later"? Orderly. Everything must be in its proper place. It might not be dust free, but it is where it belongs!
Rather be at the cabin on the river in the Spring.
Significant other always calls me Babe when he's mellow. As in "Hey Babe, you want to go out for dinner?" Or Dear when I get on his nerves. As in "That's not what I said, D-e-a-rrrr."
Terrified of my eyes failing, preventing me from reading. I'm also terrified of needles. Doctors and nurses used to have to chase me around the clinic to give me my shots. I still don't do well at a blood draw or an innoculation. My sister has to hold my hand!!!
Undecided or quick to pick? Quick, although there is too much from which to choose.
Victory! I finally finished washing my dishes. The same ones come back over and over. Same with laundry. (Speaking of Zombies!)
Wish I could go to somewhere warm and friendly.
Xtreme sport I want to try is Segway racing. That is about as extreme as I want to get!
You must know this, I still secretly watch Conan the Barbarian; can’t seem to let go of the disk.
Zombie books are not really my genre, but I am Legend is a classic. Oh, that's classified as a Vampire book. Huh.

message 8: by Debra (new)

Almeta wrote: "Annoyed by resistance to changing bad behavior. “I can’t help it, it’s the way I am”, is a very irritating statement to me. It pushes my buttons and I fly into “speech/teach” mode.
Barely got th..."

As always, you tickle my ribs!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Drood (other topics)
I Am Legend and Other Stories (other topics)