flight paths discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive:What Are You Reading > Week of December 11th to 17th

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (Neilar) | 488 comments Currently moving through the Millenium Triology with The Girl Who Played With Fire. Waiting for the 'shock and awe' I see in some of the reviews.

Chipping away at The Lady of the Lake, finding it difficult to follow the plot.

Jim Ice wrote: "Currently moving through the Millenium Triology with The Girl Who Played With Fire. Waiting for the 'shock and awe' I see in some of the reviews.

Chipping away at [book:The Lady o..."

First, what time zone are you in? And second, what's the weather going to be like on Sunday the 11th? And how about sharing the Lotto numbers!?! LOL!

Beyond the metaphysics of writing to us from the future, are you enjoying the Millenium books? I haven't read any of Larrson's work yet.

message 3: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (Neilar) | 488 comments My laptop at home is under the weather so I am making up for the 31st November that we had and going back to the future !

Jim Ice wrote: "My laptop at home is under the weather so I am making up for the 31st November that we had and going back to the future !"

Whew! I was afraid for a minute there that I'd somehow fallen behind the whole space-time continuum curve of the earth type thingy...

message 5: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 830 comments I am completely confused
IT is the 9th today unless I slept in longer than usual

I see why you are only a wannabe pilot ;-)

message 6: by Ice, Pilgrim (new)

Ice Bear (Neilar) | 488 comments There is a certain madness in my method, as the home laptop is visiting the IT Doctor at present.

message 7: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 830 comments It was some week allright.
After a week offline, found my GR frozen
I could read but not replycomment but not preview, edit,or like.I just didnt have the time or energy to get all bent, just had faith everyone was still there.

And, it freed up a lot of time for reading.
I finished Scribbling the Cat and started the Zukov book,Seat of the Soul. plus read Dermot healy's amazingSudden Times Sudden Times by Dermot Healy and well into the blockbuster by David Feintuch,

It was reading Sudden Times that I really missed GR because I wanted to see if everyone knew about this wonderful find. I totally recommend it and wish to discuss.

Ellie (EllieArcher) | 364 comments You know the most interesting books. I've never heard of any of the books you mentioned! I'm so impressed.
I do like Dermot Healy's short story but now I'm going to have to find a way to get & read this one (Sudden Times). If only I had more money (and time!).

message 9: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 830 comments Money and Time: you've put your finger on it.

The thing I wish most to be doing always has to wait.

I am actually having a hard time with the book I am reading and almost ditched Small Miracles
but decided to finish even so. Its just not my genre, and the writing is poor. But Ellie, I perservered by thinking of you! ( please dont be offended)

It's mostly because I know that you do like mystery/adventure and you may even like this book. Then too, the main female character, Kim, reminds me of you because she has some of your best qualities I value:loyalty,determination andperserverance, ingenuity and integrity plus a wacky sense of humor.
So how can I just abandon her without hearing her story?

Ellie (EllieArcher) | 364 comments Given what you wrote, how could I be offended?

And I must say you found the characteristics of mine that I do think help offset my defects. I also like that you don't want to abandon her!

I think I have to check it out (although I don't often persevere with poor writing-but I am curious about Kim).

message 11: by Magdelanye, Senior Flight Attendant (new)

Magdelanye | 830 comments Ellie wrote: "Given what you wrote, how could I be offended?

And I must say you found the characteristics of mine that I do think help offset my defects. I also like that you don't want to abandon her! ..."

In fact, the book got a little better and I was able to finish it and not regret the time. In fact, I kind of miss Kim, she was a good friend ;_0

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Girl Who Played with Fire (other topics)
The Lady of the Lake (other topics)
Sudden Times (other topics)
Small Miracles (other topics)