Emblem of Eternity Trilogy Fans discussion

Eternal Starling (Emblem of Eternity, #1)
This topic is about Eternal Starling
Book Discussions > Team Alex vs. Team Emil

Comments (showing 1-35 of 35) (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angee, Group Creator (last edited Dec 08, 2011 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angee Saxey (angee_saxey) | 38 comments Mod
THIS DISCUSSION CONTAINS SPOILERS!! IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE BOOK, PLEASE, DO NOT ENTER DISCUSSION OR COMMENT!! THANK YOU!

Are you Team Alex or Team Emil? ...why?

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Ooooo! I like this discussion a lot! I'm always curious what team people are on and why...or if they've picked a team yet. :)

message 3: by Angee, Group Creator (last edited Dec 08, 2011 02:31PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela wrote: "Ooooo! I like this discussion a lot! I'm always curious what team people are on and why...or if they've picked a team yet. :)"

You know what team I'm on!! ♥TEAM EMIL♥!! I liked him because Alex makes Evie think he just disappears on her! How heartbreaking! Emil, in my opinion, has my humor and I think he's more manly :) YUM!

message 4: by Angee, Group Creator (last edited Dec 08, 2011 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I had to post this comment from author, Lani Woodland's review of Eternal Starling: "Alex and Emil were both so unique. I was drawn to both of the guys, but I am rooting for Emil. I seem to be cursed with the unfortunate habit of rooting for the underdog in any love triangle, but I am still Team Emil. Who's with me? I melted at the way he introduced himself to Evie."

Emil - 2
Alex - 0

...so far!

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Angee wrote: "Angela wrote: "Ooooo! I like this discussion a lot! I'm always curious what team people are on and why...or if they've picked a team yet. :)"

You know what team I'm on!! ♥TEAM EMIL♥!! I liked him ..."

I want to know what you think about them now that the final version is out there! :) Let me know when you read it!

Jamie Manning (JamieManning) | 3 comments Team Alex!! I think Alex is the truthful, real one, while Emil is hiding something...of course, Emil is hot, too, so i understand the love for him! :)

Andrea (andreajessop) | 1 comments They both have their cons - Emil might be evil, Alex is bossy and controlling. But the thing that put Emil in the lead was the fact that they were MARRIED - awwww. I didn't see that coming. I love thinking of that first kiss in the student center from Emil's point of view. For Evie it was just this weird random thing but for Emil he's finally reunited with his WIFE - melts my heart. Team Emil!!

message 8: by Angee, Group Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrea, thats so true! I didn't think of it that way :) Also what put Emil ahead for me was that I hate when someone doesn't trust you enough with the truth or think you're strong enough, you know? To me, Alex seemed that way.

Angela Corbett | 74 comments I'm loving this discussion! :) I'm afraid to comment much because I might blurt-type a spoiler. :)

message 10: by Angee, Group Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angela wrote: "I'm loving this discussion! :) I'm afraid to comment much because I might blurt-type a spoiler. :)"

hahaha... resist the urge :)

Melonie Piper | 1 comments I'm rooting for Emil all the way. He was married to Evie and he has a stronger claim to her than Alex. I admire Alex's love for Evie but dang, Evie and Emil were married. And they were happy. And that means a lot, it even means a huge trump over decades of undying, unrequited pining. Alex would be a fantastic leading male in a series all his own, but in this one, Emil wins. Especially since he doesn't have Alex's annoying habit of making snarky, sarcastic remarks. He and Evie just flow better.

Lani Woodland (Laniwoodland) | 1 comments Team Emil!!

message 13: by Angee, Group Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Melonie wrote: "I'm rooting for Emil all the way. He was married to Evie and he has a stronger claim to her than Alex. I admire Alex's love for Evie but dang, Evie and Emil were married. And they were happy. And t..."

I agree!! Does marriage become null from lifetime to lifetime? haha. I think Alex is funny, but I like the way Emil is with Evie better.

message 14: by Angee, Group Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lani wrote: "Team Emil!!"

Sorry, I already posted your review for what team you were on :/ Kinda jumped the gun for ya... forgive?

Bella (BellaColella) | 40 comments Ok almost done but I think I will always be TEAM ALEX!!!;)))

Jamie Manning (JamieManning) | 3 comments Bella wrote: "Ok almost done but I think I will always be TEAM ALEX!!!;)))"

Yay, Team Alex!!

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Bella wrote: "Ok almost done but I think I will always be TEAM ALEX!!!;)))"

I've had a couple of people tell me they're Team Alex lately!

Bella (BellaColella) | 40 comments OK we need to start a TEAM ALEX and a TEAM EMIL....group or something!! hahahaah))) Well Iam glad they like MY Alex!! HEHEHEHE

Angela Corbett | 74 comments LOL! We should! I think it's pretty evenly split...and there are some people who say they can't choose yet! :)

Rosie | 1 comments TEAM EMIL!!! :)

Angela Corbett | 74 comments I love that the teams still seem split! Thanks for commenting (and reading!) Afiya and Rosalina! :)

Brandy (bkorzep) | 1 comments Okay just finished. I am team Alex all the way. Yeah maybe Emil was married to Evie once but he lied to her the whole time. I too think he is hidding something and obviously so does Evie. Alex may be snarky but he is honest and steady for all time and eternity. To risk everything for the one you love... amazing. I love the bracelet at the end. Angela... when do we expect the next one? Loved it!!

Kat (wuogkat) | 11 comments Why I'm still undecided:
After spending HOW LONG watching Evie, Alex still hasn't figured out how to handle her? He's a bit overbearing and it's obvious that Evie doesn't do well with that.

On the other hand there's Emil and that whole, "I'm part of a soul sucking cult" thing... Having said that, that kiss when he finds her again means that much more.

It kind of sucks to be either of these guys.

So... still on the fence here... I'm kind of leaning toward Alex because he's a little less smooth and I like an underdog.

Bella (BellaColella) | 40 comments I love Alex too and think there for sure is something going on!! I cant wait to see what happens with the 2 boys and her, and this bracelet!!;)))

Brandy wrote: "Okay just finished. I am team Alex all the way. Yeah maybe Emil was married to Evie once but he lied to her the whole time. I too think he is hidding something and obviously so does Evie. Alex may..."

Bella (BellaColella) | 40 comments HAHHA good thoughts on everything, it does seem a little off I mean there is something big going to happen I think! I am still team Alex for now!! LOL:)

Kat wrote: "Why I'm still undecided:
After spending HOW LONG watching Evie, Alex still hasn't figured out how to handle her? He's a bit overbearing and it's obvious that Evie doesn't do well with that.

On th..."

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Brandy wrote: "Okay just finished. I am team Alex all the way. Yeah maybe Emil was married to Evie once but he lied to her the whole time. I too think he is hidding something and obviously so does Evie. Alex may..."

Thanks so much, Brandy! I'm so happy you liked it! I think the next book will be out in a little over a year, but the ARCs will be out before then. I'll keep you posted though! :) Thanks for the comment!

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Kat wrote: "Why I'm still undecided:

On the other hand there's Emil and that whole, "I'm part of a soul sucking cult" thing... Having said that, that kiss when he finds her again means that much more."

I agree with your points on both guys, Kat! Evie can't decide yet either, so you're in good company. :)

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Bella wrote: "HAHHA good thoughts on everything, it does seem a little off I mean there is something big going to happen I think! I am still team Alex for now!! LOL:)

Big things (for all the characters) are definitely happening... :)

Bella (BellaColella) | 40 comments VERY EXCITED!!;)))))))) <3

Angela wrote: "Bella wrote: "HAHHA good thoughts on everything, it does seem a little off I mean there is something big going to happen I think! I am still team Alex for now!! LOL:)

Big things (for all the chara..."

Ferdy (ferdy21) Team Alex for me!! I find Emil to smooth and a bit smarmy. Alex seems more genuine.

Carol (carol_sales) | 1 comments This book is so great! It's very, very dificult to decide between Alex or Emil...I'm actually team Alex, but I can see the Emil loved her too...But it's just so cuuuute that Alex still loved Evie and that he wanted to protect her even after she married Emil...He's just loyal...and he started to understand Emil's side of the story. I want a real Alex!!!

Maria (velvetmorning82) | 2 comments I have to admit i felt like stupit because after i finished the book i still wasnt sure which one to pick.

I like Alex and i like Emil alot too.. Most of the times remind me in a way its one person who acts talks and respond different under spesific or even random situations...

Alex has the passion the love the devotion to Evie. I found my shelf squeezing from how much he heart from Evie But at the same time he sound to be controling,stable and kinda boring? Too much Brutal at the same time!

Emil in the other hand is that little devil guy you see next door. You know you will be burn if you ever involved with him but at the same time he is fun he is devilish charming.. I got supriced with how much deep and devotate as well he is to Evie He really has alot to say and he is more under the cute and sexy fun guy we see ..

I am slightly close to Emil for all above the reasons i mention. Doesnt mean i dont love Alex i do but in every book in this genre we always see the female protagonist to pick up Alex or guys like Alex..

Plus i have to admit that i was picturing Emil like

Summerscent | 1 comments I'm Team Emil. :)

I have this thing with love triangles where I usually go with the other dude, the one who doesn't get the girl. And in this case, I think Emil is that dude. Although we now know that they were married (which is soooo swoon worthy, really), some part of me says that "NOOO! That means Alex would have his chance now! NO!!!" Also, a big clue for me that Evie would end up with Alex would be last part, with the whole burning thing with her mark. When Emil told her her mark must be burning etc after kissing her, it was just hot but when she kissed Alex, it was scorching or something. Oh well, that's how I interpreted it. :P

Anyway, great book. Can't wait to find out what happens next and would love to see a few more Cassandra/old-school!Stone scenes in there. But mostly, I hope my team wins in the end for a change! :P

Angela Corbett | 74 comments Summerscent wrote: "Anyway, great book. Can't wait to find out what happens next and would love to see a few more Cassandra/old-school!Stone scenes"

I'm so glad you liked Eternal Starling, Summerscent! I'm working on some Cassandra scenes in book 2 right now! :)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lani Woodland (other topics)