Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) Wizard's First Rule discussion

If you where the King would you have stopped recruiting more women for the Order of the Mord-Sith when you became King like Richard?

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ricco I would have but only after I had consolidated my power base.

message 2: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I don't think Richard was allowing more Mord-Sith to be made when he became Lord Rahl, but he couldn't stop the Mord-Sith already made from being who they were as they didn't know any other way, I definitely don't think more mord-sith were being made after Richard gained power!

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy And to answer the question, no I would have stopped them being recruited too!

Ricco I know Richard stop the making of New mord-sith,when he came to power. But,despite the horrible things it takes to make a mord-sith if I was Richard I would have waited until I had a better understanding and control over my powers. Because if Richard ever dies before a gifted heir of his line comes to power the empire would be in chaos for decades. An army of freshly made Mord-sith would be a huge deterrent to all who would attack allowing him to focus more on his training and studies. Plus, with all the battles and events that took place after he came to power it would have greatly reduced the number of mord-sith that where in place when he came to power. You don't stop the making of weapons in times of war and unrest.

message 5: by Roy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roy One thing the fact that Darken Rahl was a big part of the making of a mord-sith, there's nothing to say that more could be made even if Richard wanted them, plus the amount of time it takes for a mord-sith to be trained there still wouldn't be any for many years

message 6: by Ricco (last edited Jan 22, 2012 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ricco Roy wrote: "One thing the fact that Darken Rahl was a big part of the making of a mord-sith, there's nothing to say that more could be made even if Richard wanted them, plus the amount of time it takes for a m..." I'm sure Richard could figure it out; he is a smart dude and if I where him I'd be trying to replicate the spell that made the first Confessors also.

message 7: by Roy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roy i think the confessor spell is beyond richard, him being a war wizard, he'd need to be more like Zedds kind of wizard but as zedd doesn't have the subtractive side even he as first wizard he couldn't do it. but with richards empathy for the mord-sith he wouldn't do it anyway,

message 8: by Ricco (last edited Jan 22, 2012 08:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ricco With Zedds knowledge and Richards raw power I think they could do it. Also, the Order of the Mord-Sith was thousands of years old before Darken Rahal was even born. Furthermore, it just came to me if I was Richard I would be trying to figure out how that wizard from the great war blocked off the subtractive side of magic and If I could reverse it. That would be on my list goals as ruler:
1.round up all the pillars of creation and kill them
2. Figure out how to unblock the subtractive magic
3. Figure out how to make more confessors
4. Make more Mord-Sith
5. Figure out how to make a place similar to the Palace of the Prophets
6. Conquer the Old World

Steven hunley i would after i offed the order and jagang ,but then again if u r still making them they wont be of any us till after u did so no, but i might make it a voluntary force

Eliyahu I have not red all of the books only the first three but I would stop the makeing of mord-sith sure thay are usful but is it worth it and I don't think Richard would do that becus it takes years to make a mord-sith and to make one destroys an intayor family

Steven hunley tru but i would do a complete overhaul on the training as harsh but no killing the family thats just dot cool unless the family volunteers i doubt but u never know

message 13: by Mark (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mark Good god no i'd make it compulsory!!!

Steven hunley Mark wrote: "Good god no i'd make it compulsory!!!"

what the killing of the family or the no killing of the fam ;)

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Wizard's First Rule (other topics)