City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) City of Bones discussion

This is who I think should play Jace in the movie

Comments (showing 1-50 of 102) (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I really think that Alex Pettyfer ought to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal instruments movie. When ever I read i always picture him and nothing more.

Cindy I completely agree. too bad he declined the offer...

Daniela-Goddess of Reading WHAT!!!!!!
So they asked him to play Jace and he completely refused!!!
IDK :(

Hannah Cindy wrote: "I completely agree. too bad he declined the offer..."

He declined?! Do you know why? (The actor who is going to play Jace now, is not at all what I imagined Jace to look like :( Oh well, I still cant wait to see the movie :) )

Maddie Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I really think that Alex Pettyfer ought to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal instruments movie. When ever I read i always picture him and nothing more."

YES i agree completely! jamie campbel bower was one of the worst people they could have picked for the role. where as alex pettyfer would have been PERFECT! he would have also been perfect for peeta in the huner game, but thats aside from the point ;)

Taylor I wanted Alex Pettifer too. But I think that we should give Jamie a chance. He could completely surprise us with a great performance.

Maddie Taylor wrote: "I wanted Alex Pettifer too. But I think that we should give Jamie a chance. He could completely surprise us with a great performance."

yeah he could, but his acting in the twilight saga and harry potter kind of disappionted me. but i am willing to give him a chance

Taylor I saw him in those. I don't think he was really given enough scenes or talking to give him a chance to prove his acting abilities. Cassandra said that she saw the audition tape from Jamie and Lily together, I think. It was said that it was amazing and the chemistry between the two was awesome and had good sexual tension. I don't remember the eact quote but thats the gist of it.

Maddie i think i actually remember reading that a while back. i will still give him a chance though, alex was my #1 choice for the role but im willing to learn to love jamie as jace.

message 10: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Alex Pettifer=hot, Jace Wayland, fangirl dream.

message 11: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Maddie wrote: "Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I really think that Alex Pettyfer ought to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal instruments movie. When ever I read i always picture him and nothing more."

YES i agr..."

OMG i thought i was the only one who thought of alex pettifer as peeta

Cindy Hannah wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I completely agree. too bad he declined the offer..."

He declined?! Do you know why? (The actor who is going to play Jace now, is not at all what I imagined Jace to look like :( Oh w..."

He declined because he got offered another movie role based on another book....i dont remember which one it was though. sorry

message 13: by AlbertaJenn (last edited Dec 07, 2011 10:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

AlbertaJenn Cindy wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Cindy wrote: "I completely agree. too bad he declined the offer..."

He declined?! Do you know why? (The actor who is going to play Jace now, is not at all what I imagined Jace to lo..."

He declined to do the movie Magic Mike, which is based on the life of Channing Tatum.

I have heard that he plays a male stripper in it (classy).

BTW, wasn't this dead horse beaten in the thread "Apparently this is what our Jace Wayland is supposed to look like!"???

Elspeth LaMorte I know that this is kind of the unpopular opinion but I am really pleased that Jamie Campbell Bower is Jace. I think that he's perfect for the role. Alex Pettyfer would have been very good, but I don't think that he fits as well as Jamie does.

(Not that it's on topic but I think that Alex Pettyfer would have been a terrible choice for Peeta, he doesn't have the right build.)

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Mary wrote: "Alex Pettifer=hot, Jace Wayland, fangirl dream."

I agree!
xD

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Mary wrote: "Maddie wrote: "Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I really think that Alex Pettyfer ought to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal instruments movie. When ever I read i always picture him and nothing mo..."

And I believe he could also play as Peeta Mellark

Hannah Taylor wrote: "I wanted Alex Pettifer too. But I think that we should give Jamie a chance. He could completely surprise us with a great performance."

Yah, I'm just rally excited to see the movie. :) ...I hope it doesn't ruin the book too much...

Cindy Hannah wrote: "Taylor wrote: "I wanted Alex Pettifer too. But I think that we should give Jamie a chance. He could completely surprise us with a great performance."

Yah, I'm just rally excited to see the movie. ..."

in complete agreement. i hate when i love a book and then the movie comes out and im just like WTF!?!?!

Carmin Alex Pettyfer would have been perfect. But I'll still watch the movie.

Therese Elspeth wrote: "I know that this is kind of the unpopular opinion but I am really pleased that Jamie Campbell Bower is Jace. I think that he's perfect for the role. Alex Pettyfer would have been very good, but I d..."

I completely agree. For me, Jamie Campbell Bower is so much closer to how I imagined Jace.

Kaylynn Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "Mary wrote: "Alex Pettifer=hot, Jace Wayland, fangirl dream."

I agree!
xD"

Me too!! ;)

Carmin wrote: "Alex Pettyfer would have been perfect. But I'll still watch the movie."

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I know...if only Alex didn't refuse....I wonder why?

Does anyone know why is refuse?

Whitney St-Marseille I think everyone wants Alex Pettyfer to be Jace. (Definitely me included!)

Charlotte Bryant i dont think anyone is capavble of playin him

Melissa Conway I would have liked to have seen Alex Pettyfer play Jace, too. Don't even know who Jamie Campbell Bower is...

Carmin Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I know...if only Alex didn't refuse....I wonder why?

Does anyone know why is refuse?"

I read that at the same time they were casting Hunger Games and he was more interested in that. But he didn't get it. I imagine he is kicking himself for turning down playing Jace.

Jamielyn Jamie Campbell is a great actor. Try watching Sweeney Todd his acting skills was showcased well in that movie.

Let's just hope he do good in Mortal Instruments. :)

Kinga Although Alex would have topped as Jace I am going to give Jamie a chance <3 let's see what's he made of?:)

Emily (Falling for YA) While Alex Pettyfer is a total hottier I her is a terrible actor! He was sub-par in both Beastly and I Am Number Four. I am actually glad they picked a semi-unknown actor with good skills rather then a pretty face that would have done another sub-par job.

Hannah Jamielyn wrote: "Jamie Campbell is a great actor. Try watching Sweeney Todd his acting skills was showcased well in that movie.

Let's just hope he do good in Mortal Instruments. :)"

Who's he acting as in Mortal Instruments?! I had no idea he was going to be in the Mortal Instruments movie. :)

message 31: by Tami (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tami Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I really think that Alex Pettyfer ought to play Jace Wayland in the Mortal instruments movie. When ever I read i always picture him and nothing more."

I honestly think Alex Pettyfer is at all good for the part. He's good looking for sure and has nice hair, but still not what I picture when I think of Jace.

Primadhani Galih Alex Pettyfer is really suitable actor to play Jace, he has that Bad-Guy-Look too! but i think we have to give Jamie a chance to, i love him in Sweeney Todd

message 33: by Daniela-Goddess of Reading (last edited Dec 12, 2011 07:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Carmin wrote: "Goddess of Reading-Daniela- wrote: "I know...if only Alex didn't refuse....I wonder why?

I read that at the same time they were casting Hunger Games and he was mo..."

Well that sucks for him. :-/
When life comes at you, you ought to take it.

Jamielyn Hannah wrote: "Jamielyn wrote: "Jamie Campbell is a great actor. Try watching Sweeney Todd his acting skills was showcased well in that movie.

Let's just hope he do good in Mortal Instruments. :)"

Who's he acti..."

He'll be playing Jace! :)

Jamielyn Alex is suitable according to the look of Jace but I think Jamie is a better actor. What's the use of perfect look when he can't portray it that well. My opinion.

Give Jamie a chance. :)

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I guess we'll have to wait and see, how the movie turns out.

Shennel Muhsin Please, Alex can't act at all. He's just hot with little to no acting skills. Jamie CAN act, and I'm happy he has been casted for the role.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading I know...but I still wish Alex was Jace,
LOOKS matter more.

Shennel Muhsin I disagree. Acting is so much more important than looks; I wish more people would focus on the acting skills rather than the looks. Yes, looks are important-as shallow as that sounds-, but it is not as if Jamie is hideous. He's decent with great acting abilities, and I think he will go very far in his acting career. I think City of Bones will actually turn out to be somewhat good with him in it. Honestly, I'm tired and sick of movies filled with pretty people with no acting skills, but for some reason they are overly praised simply because they are pretty.

message 40: by Daniela-Goddess of Reading (last edited Dec 12, 2011 10:58AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Whoa...wait a minute, Alex is an excellent good actor if I do say so myself....
just because you think he sucks doesn't mean that others do. That's your opinion not for you to state for others.

I especially loved the way he acted in "I am Number Four"
You gotta admit he's not that bad. He's just as good as Jamie. Yes Jamie has looks, but they don't really qualify with the aspect of Jace. That's all I'm trying to say. I'll give Jamie a get-go chance and if he succeeds...Maybe I'll change my opinion.

Like for an example, when I started reading Twilight Saga, and I started reading them just when the movie came out, mind you. The characters were everything I'd worked up for them to be.

The point is, I don't want to change the way I see Jace because of some movie that will probably (Just like every book that's been translated onto the big screen) ruin the beloved books.

Shennel Muhsin I'm sorry, I didn't mean that everyone thinks Alex is a bad actor. That is solely MY opinion. I don't mean he sucks, just comparing the acting between the two, I pick Jamie over Alex. Yes, Alex is very hot, but not who I pictured to play Jace. Ever. I don't think I ever jumped on that bandwagon, mainly because of the fact he just isn't that great, in MY opinion. I feel like he's overrated at this point. Though, in all honesty, I never considered Jamie until he was casted. I just knew that I wanted someone who just wasn't a popular pretty face in Hollywood. I don't know, I just never felt as if Alex deserved to be Jace in my mind. It doesn't make much sense, but him as Jace just never clicked in my mind.

I'm sorry for sounding as if I was trying to push my opinion onto you. I'm just stating why I prefer Jamie over Alex. I mean, I understand why people would want Alex as Jace- I'm not blind. The guy is freaking sexy, but I don't like him very much as an actor.

Plus, it's Alex's loss for not even picking up the part. Though I'm happy he didn't, but still. His loss.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading It's okay...I understand.
:D

message 43: by Alexyss (new) - added it

Alexyss dude Alex would have been great the guy who they casted SPARKLES!!!!! ITS Edward all over again:(

Hannah Jamielyn wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Jamielyn wrote: "Jamie Campbell is a great actor. Try watching Sweeney Todd his acting skills was showcased well in that movie.

Let's just hope he do good in Mortal Instruments. :)"..."

Oh :O! So, excited! :)

Kinga Make up and costumes can make every actor be splendid...so it depends on his acting skill!!! Let's hope he will bring the best, 'coz the essence of the movie will debend harshly on how Jace will be played...

Primadhani Galih Xzellaz wrote: "Make up and costumes can make every actor be splendid...so it depends on his acting skill!!! Let's hope he will bring the best, 'coz the essence of the movie will debend harshly on how Jace will be..."

agree!!!

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Alexyss wrote: "dude Alex would have been great the guy who they casted SPARKLES!!!!! ITS Edward all over again:("

Funny. LMAO

message 48: by Lily (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily Elspeth wrote: "I know that this is kind of the unpopular opinion but I am really pleased that Jamie Campbell Bower is Jace. I think that he's perfect for the role. Alex Pettyfer would have been very good, but I d..."

I totally agree!

message 49: by Lily (last edited Dec 13, 2011 08:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lily Daniela wrote: "I know...if only Alex didn't refuse....I wonder why?

Don´t know - but he will probably regret when TMI becomes a hit.

Daniela-Goddess of Reading Got that right.

« previous 1 3

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)