Erudite Readers discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
Our Favorite Books! > City of Bones

Comments (showing 251-300 of 538) (538 new)    post a comment »

message 251: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
It's been so long since I have read MI.. Clary will definitely do anything to get Jace back... so would Alec, or Isabelle.. even Simon would.

message 252: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) Yes I agree. It's hard to forget that Sebastian Is her brother!

Cupcake Bookworm (cupcakebookworm) Karina wrote: "I haven't gotten too far into but I hear many didn't think it was as great as Graceling. What didn't you like about it?"

i liked graceling...

message 254: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) Cupcake Bookworm wrote: "Karina wrote: "I haven't gotten too far into but I hear many didn't think it was as great as Graceling. What didn't you like about it?"

i liked graceling..."

It was great!! :D
Fire is okay...

message 255: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cupcake Bookworm wrote: "Karina wrote: "I haven't gotten too far into but I hear many didn't think it was as great as Graceling. What didn't you like about it?"

i liked graceling..."

me too.
Sebastian is a monster!

Cupcake Bookworm (cupcakebookworm) who sebastian?

message 257: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

You need to read City of Bones, cupcake bookworm!!

message 258: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) Yes you MUST!

message 259: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Mar 29, 2012 04:31PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4893 comments Mod
So right now I'm on page 36..it's pretty intriguing. I have a feeling I'm going to like Simon since he's really sarcastic and a nerd lol. He's also pretty funny too! Love when he said
“Jesus!" "Actually, it's just me. Although I've been told the resemblance is startling."

Nothing much has happened so far but i'm interested in seeing what occurs next in the book!

message 260: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm re-reading city of bones!!

message 261: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Mar 29, 2012 06:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cassandra Clare named Clary after herself right?

Kind of annoying if that's true :P

message 262: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) I love Simon!

I actually don't know whether that is true or not...I'm going to find out.

message 263: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina wrote: "I love Simon!

I actually don't know whether that is true or not...I'm going to find out."

Same! i'm not a big fan of Jace though. He seems like a jerk like Patch from Hush hush!

message 264: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) Well I like both Patch and Jace for various reasons but I think the whole being a jerk is just an act to protect themselves.
But I just love Simon...I always have a thing for the nerdy type haha (:

I couldn't find whether it was true or not that she named Clary after herself and it seems like it might be true but Clary is short for Clarissa...so I'm not sure. But I think she put a lot of herself into the character

message 265: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Mar 30, 2012 09:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

IDK clare is very similiar to clare! I guess it doesn't really matter. I like how each character is very developed and they all have very different personalities!

message 266: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) I read a review today and it said this: "Now, on to the shit list:
First off, it’s so painfully obvious that this, like Stephanie Meyer’s literary abortion, is a story written by a fat nerdy girl who is so bored with her mundane existence that she writes herself into a “kick-ass” romantic fantasy. And makes her self the pretty teenager she never was. I mean, seriously. Cassandra Clare writes a novel about a girl named CLARY? Cellophane isn’t that transparent. Especially when Clary constantly reminds us that she’s a fiery redhead (guess who else is!)."....the person gave it two stars -_-
http://hexijosh.wordpress.com/2012/02...

Yeah I loved that about it!!

message 267: by Madeleine (last edited Mar 30, 2012 10:40AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Madeleine | 1063 comments Oh. My. Freaking. Dragon.

Rude doesnt even begin to cover it. It was biased and cruel and......lord i am sooo mad right now.

message 268: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) I know right?!! The entire review is like that!!

Madeleine | 1063 comments I get that there are haters in the world,but that was more than hate. Thay was slamming for the sake of slammimg. Does he like amything? Or is he just against everything that is succesful?

message 270: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) I didn't realize he was a member here on GR....someone said that they agreed to everything he said but calling Clare "nerdy fat girl" was hitting below the belt and he replied with "I can be harsh"

If he didn't like the book he didn't have to say anything at all or at least not been cruel about it...hate reviews like that. Yeah I get that not everyone is going to love it but there is a mature and respectful way of giving an opinion and what he said was cruel rude and unnecessary

Courtney kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Karina wrote: "I love Simon!

I actually don't know whether that is true or not...I'm going to find out."

Same! i'm not a big fan of Jace though. He seems like a jerk like Patch from Hush hush!"

Wow...I dislike Simon and love Jace and Patch! So different o.o

message 272: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Really I love Simon! Jace seems awesome now. I liked Patch near the end of Hush Hush. At first, I found him really arrogant and rude.

Madeleine | 1063 comments Karina wrote: "I didn't realize he was a member here on GR....someone said that they agreed to everything he said but calling Clare "nerdy fat girl" was hitting below the belt and he replied with "I can be harsh..."

Exactly

Madeleine | 1063 comments kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Really I love Simon! Jace seems awesome now. I liked Patch near the end of Hush Hush. At first, I found him really arrogant and rude."

They all have their appealing qualities

message 275: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Madeleine wrote: "kevinjonaslover.♥ wrote: "Really I love Simon! Jace seems awesome now. I liked Patch near the end of Hush Hush. At first, I found him really arrogant and rude."

They all have their appealing quali..."

I'm not sure about Clary though. There's nothing awesome but her yet but we'll see..

message 276: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (last edited Mar 30, 2012 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Clary it's awesomeness.. is like an escalator.. it justs go up and up

message 277: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) You say the funniest things XD

message 278: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

This book has so much going on! It's crazy! i'm so excited to read more and finish the book and then go and read the rest of the series!

message 279: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) And the rest of the series is just as amazing (:

message 280: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

:)Maybe more amazing

message 281: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina wrote: "And the rest of the series is just as amazing (:"

I heard the fifth book is coming out soon. do you know when?

message 282: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

May 8th!

message 283: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

36 days 17 hours 45 minutes!

message 284: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'll be first on line jk. But I really do wnat to read it. The cover looks amazing!

message 286: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

“Is Church the cat in TMI the same cat as in ID?”

I guess it’s time to come clean. Church the cat in The Mortal Instruments is actually Tessa.

I can’t speak about the tragic events at the end of Clockwork Princess, but let’s just say that Tessa is left alone to fend for herself. She’s learned to transform into animals as well as people so she transforms into Church and hitches a ride with Magnus when he emigrates to New York. Disguised as a cat, she is safe from Mortmain and his evil minions, so she stays that way and moves into the Institute when she hears the Lightwoods are taking over since she remembers Gideon fondly, despite the incident with the hurdy-gurdy that made Sophie realize she could never love him.

When the Mortal War breaks out and the Lightwoods all leave Church behind Tessa realizes she still owes the Shadowhunters loyalty and follows Magnus to Idris to take part in the battle. That’s why she has her human form in the scene where Clary glimpses her at the end of Glass. The reason she looks familiar to Clary is that she has not completely transformed back and still has cat ears.

Also, many have asked what she and Magnus are discussing. Tessa knows Magnus owns a cat and is hoping he can convince the Lightwoods to change their brand of dry cat food.

Courtney Well that's certainly an interesting way of putting it...

message 288: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

It was an April Fools Joke by Cassandra Clare!

Courtney Why couldn't I figure that out myself?? Geeze...

message 290: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Apr 01, 2012 06:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Good book! I just finished it! I rated it 4 out of 5 stars.

Madeleine | 1063 comments Only 4? Girl, these are all top notch 5 star books. What qualifies it to be a 4?????

message 292: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) I was about to ask as well haha

message 293: by Michele, The bookoholic! (last edited Apr 01, 2012 06:58PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Madeleine wrote: "Only 4? Girl, these are all top notch 5 star books. What qualifies it to be a 4?????"

Lol sorry I just really didn't ike the ending. Thought it was very corny and there really wasn't a cliffhanger. Also, the whole Jace and Clary maybe being sibilings was just too weird.

Madeleine | 1063 comments I know. I almost started screamimg when i read that. Will you read CoA?

Courtney Prepare yourself, all TMI books have cliffhangers...

Madeleine | 1063 comments Makes me wonder how CoLS will end...

message 297: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Im deff reading coa!

message 298: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love CoA!!

message 299: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sony has announced City of Bones will be released in theaters: August 23rd, 2013!

message 300: by Karina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karina (2187) That's too far away D:
But at least they have a date

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Lightning Thief (other topics)
City of Lost Souls (other topics)
Across the Universe (other topics)
Shadowhunters and Downworlders: A Mortal Instruments Reader (other topics)
More...