Need (Need, #1) Need discussion

Twilight much?

Comments (showing 1-36 of 36) (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Hannah Is it just me or does this book remind you of Twilight?

message 2: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Kind of, along with Hush Hush. I thought Hush Hush was more like twilight though.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 08, 2011 11:00PM) (new)

I haven't read this book in a few years, but looking back it kind of does remind me of Twilight. The only differences being that Need admits that they are in fact Fairies, the female lead (why can I not think of her name?) has more personality, and the plots are totally different. But, the supernatural parts and the... What's the word I'm looking for.. Uhm.. The.. Theme? I guess..? Or I guess like the feeling of the story, would be better... Or like the vibe? Well, whatever you get the idea. Are the same.

Chereace I started out that way, but as the series went on it became less and less like it. Well except the love triangle...but everyone has those theses days

Cambria I really enjoyed this series and I don't really think it was too similar to Twlight other than they are both paranormal/fantasy type books. Does anyone know when the fourth book in this series is due out?

Hannah Chereace wrote: "I started out that way, but as the series went on it became less and less like it. Well except the love triangle...but everyone has those theses days"

I only read the first book, so maybe I just have to continue reading the rest of the books. I just got very turned off by the first book... :/

Chereace you should stick with it! i found that I enjoyed the third book the best. I think the story gets better when a certain Pixie King comes into the picture...but that's just my opinion :)

Cambria I agree. I think all paranormal/fantasy is going to overlap in some ways but really this was the first fairy (well Pixie book really) that I have read that I really enjoyed. The characters are really memorable for me and some of them are different than in other books. I really like Nick too. ;)

Cambria Chereace wrote: "you should stick with it! i found that I enjoyed the third book the best. I think the story gets better when a certain Pixie King comes into the picture...but that's just my opinion :)"

yes, a certain Pixie King is very interesting... not what I was expecting but in a good way. ;)

Zaphara Youngblood This book is SOOOOOOOOO much better then Twilight!!!

georgia No, i dont think its that much like twilight... as much as I love twilight, this book is very different. In a good way :)

Hannah Zaphara Youngblood wrote: "This book is SOOOOOOOOO much better then Twilight!!!"

...not really. --i think--

Griszll No...i just finished it and never really thought about twilight...

Shadowhunter Guadalupe wrote: "No...i just finished it and never really thought about twilight..."

I agree. Twilight was too sappy for me, This one has flavor.

Olivia Nope.....I don't think this is anything like twilight.....the only similarity is that they're both amazing!

Lo33a I love this book and I don't like Twilight much so they are nothing alike.....

Michele I'm not liking Twilight at all but I really liked the Need series.

message 18: by Ally (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ally No it has pixies instead of vamps.

Philharmonic EightThirty It seems "Twightlight-ish" at first but it starts getting all "Stephen King" and it ends like a thriller-flick.

-EightThirty

Tracey You should keep reading the other books and will soon forget the Twilight likeness. The Pixie King A character not to miss.:)

message 21: by Diana ❀ ☺ (last edited Feb 07, 2012 04:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana ❀ ☺ noooooooooo...this is nothing like Twilight!!
Need, is 10 times better!!

Rachel its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??

Zaphara Youngblood Rachel wrote: "its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??"

Yeah its soooooo Annoying. When you read this book you DO NOT think of twilight. People who think that must really revolve around twilight books

Diana ❀ ☺ Rachel wrote: "its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??"

agreed 100 %

message 25: by Mariana (new) - added it

Mariana Cuesta TOTALLY NOT CUZ THIS'S A GREAT BOOK, AND TWILIGHT.....

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) this book didn't remind me of Twlight at all.

message 27: by ewa (new) - rated it 4 stars

ewa Brooke wrote: "this book didn't remind me of Twlight at all."
me to... nothing alike.

message 28: by Hannah (last edited Feb 09, 2012 02:36PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Hannah Rachel wrote: "its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??"

The writing in this book is just as bad, as in Twilight-first of all. Secondly, I could have used a different book to compare it to, but Twilight is the first poorly written book that came to mind. Thirdly, the way the book evolves into its plot is terrible. This book is...okay, definitely not amazing. This is my opinion.

Brooke (The Cover Contessa) Hannah wrote: "Rachel wrote: "its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??"

The writing in this book i..."

You did as "is it just me?" so people gave their opinions as well.
No one will like all books. I actually liked the Twilight series, myself, but I still don't think this book is like that series.

Hannah And I love hearing other peoples opinions. I was merely answering his question.

message 31: by ewa (new) - rated it 4 stars

ewa Brooke wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Rachel wrote: "its just you, this book was a million times better, so why does everybody feel the freaking need to compare amazing books with that trash book twilight??"

The writing..."

Agree, story is different.
Well, somehow Need keep me captivated, and that I cannot say about Twilight which was really boring (well maybe not book 1).

message 32: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna Munson I really don't think it was. Ok brief dicription.

1. Twilight had only 3 bad guys in the first book while there are several in NEED.

2. Bella never fought off anything until the end. ZARA trapped her pixie dad in iron.

3. Bella had to face James. While ZARA had to face blood sucking pixies, Ian , meghan, and her dad.

4. Bella doesn't realize that jacob is a werewolf until the second book. ZARA found out that Nick was one and her grandma was a were tiger and devyn was a were-eagle.

Oreo22 Cream This is way better than twilight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Levi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Levi Collins **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**
Well, there are ways to link this to twilight, but then again to can do that to a variety of things. It is true that the relationship between supernatural beings and humans were sort of like twilight, however there weren't any vampires and the main conflict of the story wasn't trying to get at Zara specifically like they were doing to Bella in Twilight.
The main conflict I believe was Zara's need to protect everyone despite her being among the week (at first). Also, the conflict would be, near the end, was the war between the pixies and trying to get Nick back from Valhalla.
There was a variety of different conflicts in this story and I believe that, yes it could be linked to twilight, but I don't necessarily believe myself that this is like twilight.

message 35: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Shay When I started reading this book, My mind was always on twilight. And I was all "Oh no, please don't." When I kept reading the series it was noting like twilight at all. The Twilight series is much more like a romance novel, with a lot of drama and barely any action. On the other hand need doesn't have a lot of romance drama compare to twilight, full of action and makes you wonder a lot.
Don't get me wrong though, I did liked Twilight as well. Specially book one and three.

Delaney This book was really bad, I wanted it to be better, I finished it but that was really hard to do, I kept hoping for a shift that would make it better, but it never came. Oh well, it wasn't the worst book ever but not a fan

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Need (other topics)