Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Does your reading selection change when the weather gets colder?

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacey | 453 comments Mod
I like to read at least one new release holiday book before 12/25. I couldn't find any this year that caught my attention so it's The Snowman. Not really a cozy feel good story, lol, but plenty of snow since I won't be getting any of it!

Carol (actutor) You can read some kiddie books.The Polar Express

message 3: by Caroline (last edited Dec 05, 2011 06:27AM) (new)

Caroline  (Caro7) No, it honestly doesn't, but I never read themed books anyway. I've never read a book that is centered around any holiday or season.

Theresa During fall and winter I tend to stay away from books set in cold climates. I don't need a double dose of ick.

Sam (Ecowitch) | 157 comments Can't say that I've noticed it change so I going to stick with that (although I'm now going to be very aware of what I choose and be analysing why...)

Stacey | 453 comments Mod
Sam wrote: "Can't say that I've noticed it change so I going to stick with that (although I'm now going to be very aware of what I choose and be analysing why...)"

Happy to help you become more mindful of your book selections, lol.

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I don't intentionally but love when it happens by accident. Just finish The Thirteenth Tale. Perfect timing.

Heather Doherty | 96 comments Not really, but I only read Gone With the Wind in summertime for some reason.

Sam (Ecowitch) | 157 comments Stacey wrote: "Sam wrote: "Can't say that I've noticed it change so I going to stick with that (although I'm now going to be very aware of what I choose and be analysing why...)"

Happy to help you become more mi..."

And it is greatly appreciated Stacey :-)

Melki | 310 comments Mod
If I were going to tackle anything by Dostoyevsky or Tolstoy Leo, I would definitely do it in the winter.

Lynne - The Book Squirrel (SquirrelsEnd) I have just read A little book of Christmas by John Kendrick Bangs which was old fashioned but very sweet. I have a few Christmas ones to read on my bookcase.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Polar Express (other topics)
The Thirteenth Tale (other topics)
Gone with the Wind (other topics)
A little Book of Christmas (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Fyodor Dostoyevsky (other topics)
Leo Tolstoy (other topics)
John Kendrick Bangs (other topics)