Time Travel discussion

Dark Tidings (Ancient magic meets the Internet #1)
This topic is about Dark Tidings
Time Travel Books By Members > Ken Magee - Dark Tidings

Comments (showing 1-12)    post a comment »
dateUp arrow    newest »

message 12: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments @Howard Thank you. It is so difficult to find the time to do all the things we'd like to do... I'm hoping to get a bit of space during the holidays.

message 11: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1171 comments Tej wrote: 'do really look forward to reading'

Ken, sorry I haven't read you yet but my plate's rather full at present, with many different things coming to a head.

Hope you understand & I'll get there.

A enjoy your posts, too.

message 10: by Tej (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tej (TheyCallMeMrGlass) | 1442 comments Nice. I love the song, in fact I was just listening to the song and not paying too much attention to the graphics and text on the screen. So I repeated the trailer, and once again the song had me bopping but as I try to focus on the words on the screen I still couldnt focus on the text because of the punctuating words of the song!

Nice job with the on-screen graphics and text. I think you shouldnt start the song on its chorus as it overwhelms everything else on the screen. Perhaps start with the instrumental for first 5 or ten seconds so we can absorb the onscreen visual introduction and text then once we're acclimatised to that, blast the funky chorus and rest of the song the next 20-30 secs :)

Still yet to read the sequel which do really look forward to reading but it may have to be early in the new year.

message 9: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments I created a combined trailer for Dark Tidings and The Black Conspiracy. I'd be really interested to hear what you think of it...

The Trailer.

It's only 30 seconds!

message 8: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments @Howard - I'd love to hear what you think if you do get the chance to check out Dark Tidings and /or The Black Conspiracy.

@Kaska - great to have you as a fan!

message 7: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring (howardloringgoodreadscom) | 1171 comments Ken, talk about glowing reviews.

How can I not check this out?

I'm pleased for you, well done.

message 6: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments Thank you Tej for the kind words. I saw your review a while ago, but have only just noticed this comment.

It really is greatly appreciated when someone takes the time to write up their thoughts about what they've read.

The sequel has now been published for Kindle (paperback due shortly). It's called The Black Conspiracy and it starts off exactly where Dark Tidings finished.

message 5: by Tej (last edited Aug 15, 2012 07:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tej (TheyCallMeMrGlass) | 1442 comments I finished Dark Tidings last night.

That was one heck of an entertaining and original book. Every chapter was thoroughly entertaining and at no point did the story sag. Ending is a cracker, I really look forward to the sequel. Well done Ken.

Man, we do seem to have some really talented group member authors here, I have so far enjoyed all the books I've managed to read from them. More so than some of our Book of the Month reads from well known authors!

I'll post up a fuller review tonight but my rating will be 4.5/5 which I guess I just have to round up to a 5 star ;)

Edit: I just posted up my review:

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 4: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments Thanks Kaska, The sequel to Dark Tidings has a working title of The End of the Tunnel. I'm over 90% there so I'm still on the Summer target.

message 3: by Ken (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments The sequel to Dark Tidings is due to be published in the summer. More time-travellers arrive in the twenty-first century... will the world as we know it survive?

message 2: by John, Moderator in Memory (new) - added it

John | 834 comments Mod
Sounds interesting, Ken. Thanks for sharing the info on your book.

message 1: by Ken (last edited Dec 04, 2011 11:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ken Magee | 35 comments Hi, Time Travel has always been a fascination of mine. My book, Dark Tidings, reflects that interest. Here's the blurb...

The thief, the wizard and the computer hacker.

Way back in the medieval mists of time, a thief and a disgraced wizard are thrust together in an executioner’s dungeon. In the darkness, the wizard reveals an incredible secret about a legendary spell. They use the great spell to escape their prison cell... and eventually their century.

Catapulted into the 21st century, their lives collide with a computer hacker who has plans to wipe out the world’s largest bank. But dangerous people are tracking their every move…

What happens when ancient magic meets the internet? One thing is sure, modern life will never be the same again.

How do folk from 1,000 years ago survive in our age? Could we cope with the magic they bring? You need to read Dark Tidings to find out!!

Thanks for reading this so far...

Dark Tidings

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Tidings (other topics)
Dark Tidings (other topics)
The Black Conspiracy (other topics)
More...