Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > Books that made you cry

Comments (showing 101-150 of 153) (153 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Cambria (new)

Cambria Evans(Cool Beans Books) Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare I love Jem. He's my favorite.
The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks Someone always has to die in his books.

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins When Mags died

message 102: by Holly (new)

Holly (booksandbeach) | 88 comments The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins when Rue dies

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner I LOVED THIS CHARACTER SO MUCH AND THE POOR GUY HAD TO DIE SAVING SOMEBODY

Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Right in the beginning

message 103: by Katya (last edited Apr 07, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

Katya Take This Regret by Amy LichtenhanLittle girls crying because Daddy is being told by Mommy to leave breaks my heart every time.
Pulled by Amy LichtenhanHaving to run into the love of your life ten years later with your abusive husband and his girlfriend announces she is pregnant is a killer crying jag.....I felt her pain.
The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries #3) by Elizabeth HunterSomeone close to you is murdered while you are unable to do anything but watch....and the only reason you are left alive is so that you can suffer the grief of their loss.....wow.
Poughkeepsie by Debra AnastasiaYoung man with learning disability is abused and unwanted in foster care.
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) by E.L. JamesWell, everything about Christians early years....beaten at age 4 by mom's john and cigarettes put out on your chest....kicked, having to try to feed himself while dead mommy is in a pool of blood for several days...yeah that's a tear jerk-er.
Once in Every Life by Kristin HannahLoss of self & emotional abuse of a husband and child.
Once and Always (Sequels #1) by Judith McNaughtPrevious abuse and not feeling worthy of love.

message 104: by Alyssia, Pony Power (new)

Alyssia | 2407 comments Mod
It'd be so awesome if people would avoid spoilers.

message 105: by Holly (new)

Holly (booksandbeach) | 88 comments I was going to say SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER in front of mine, but decided not to...:P I guess that was the wrong decision

message 106: by Alyssia, Pony Power (new)

Alyssia | 2407 comments Mod
True story. It made me sad. :D But at least now I am ready to take on the harrowing experience. Or something. :P

message 108: by Beatrice (last edited May 02, 2012 12:16AM) (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Kissed by an Angel (Kissed by an Angel, #1-3) by Elizabeth Chandler such an amazing book and love story.. I love it!

1 Litre of Tears by Aya Kito-- I watched the t.v show.. it's heartbreaking.

message 109: by Nuzaifa (last edited May 02, 2012 04:08AM) (new)

Nuzaifa - Word Contessa  (N-u-z-a-i-f-a) Katya wrote: " Once and Always (Sequels #1) by Judith McNaught Previous abuse and not feeling worthy of love. "
I absolutely love that book!

message 110: by Allison (new)

Allison Rotter | 9 comments The fault in our stars The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

message 111: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (Melcom) | 29 comments I cried initially with this book but then found myself rooting for the MC.

Into Thin Air (Freedom Fighters Series) by Valerie Maarten

message 112: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited May 18, 2012 08:34PM) (new)

Sheri | 10047 comments Mod
Check this out...

Believe Like a Child by Paige Dearth Into Thin Air (Freedom Fighters Series) by Valerie Maarten

Is that not the same girl on the cover?

message 113: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Comley (Melcom) | 29 comments Haha! Looks like it to me, Sheri! :-)

message 114: by Maddison (new)

Maddison (MaddisonBruce) | 553 comments Yeah looks like it!

A book that made me cry is Before I Die by Jenny Downham.

message 115: by Brandy (new)

Brandy I don't usually read these types of books....,but The Gift by Danielle Steel and Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel made me cry like a baby.

message 116: by Robert (new)

Robert | 169 comments Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth When Tris' mother dies...(I'm very sensitive with books)
Eve (Eve, #1) by Anna CareyIn the end, when Caleb leaves...And when Lark dies... And also, when Eve leaves the school;
But now I read
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh Mafi, and I'm sure that I will cry until I finish this one :|.

message 117: by Katie (new)

Katie (BookshelfBlogger) | 28 comments The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
When the father died, I was in tears...I read this right around the time my best friend's dad died...not a good idea :/

AND
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling
When Sirius died, I cried and cried and cried. He was an absolutely wonderful character.

message 118: by Tiffany (new)

message 119: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3850 comments Mod
Tiffany wrote: "The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma"

I really want to read forbidden.

message 120: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (TiffanyTheBookLover) | 224 comments Tt wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma"

I really want to read forbidden."

You should when you get the chance. It is amazing!

message 121: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Wilson (StorytellerTDW) | 54 comments Almost every Nicholas Sparks Book! I hate Nicholas Sparks books, and I even wrote a blog about how I went from liking him to hating him last year.
http://thomaswilsonstoryteller.blogsp...

message 122: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Tt wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma"

You should when you get the chance. It is amazing!"

I will try to get it in this month! Thanks for the recommendation!

message 123: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (TiffanyTheBookLover) | 224 comments Thomas wrote: "Almost every Nicholas Sparks Book! I hate Nicholas Sparks books, and I even wrote a blog about how I went from liking him to hating him last year.
http://thomaswilsonstoryteller.blogsp......"

Lol... Same here. I always cry. The first book of his I read was The Wedding. After that I went a little nuts and bought all the books of his I could find in Barnes and Noble and promptly learned to dislike him. I feel that I'm always reading the same story with him. There are so many variables in his stories that are always the same... I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one.

message 124: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Loves Books (TiffanyTheBookLover) | 224 comments Tt wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "Tt wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "The Storyteller by Mario Vargas Llosa Heart On A Chain by Cindy C. Bennett Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma"

You should when you get the chance. It..."

No problem... Let me know When you finally get around to reading it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

message 125: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Thomas wrote: "Almost every Nicholas Sparks Book! I hate Nicholas Sparks books, and I even wrote a blog about how I went from liking him to hating him last year.
http://thomaswilsonstoryteller.blogsp......"

I agree. I don't like his books so much they are so boring to me and Everytime I read one I'm like "never again".

message 126: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 360 comments I read this book way back in high school, and I'm re-reading it now. It's just as sad to me now as it was back then...

The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers

message 128: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 360 comments Julissa wrote: "A Dog's Purpose
and
The Art of Racing in the Rain"

I *loved* the Art of Racing in the Rain. I want to name my next dog Enzo, lol.

message 129: by [deleted user] (new)

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

This book really did change my life and I bo hoo at the end.

message 130: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (UrbanFae) | 360 comments Janiera wrote: "The Help by Kathryn Stockett

This book really did change my life and I bo hoo at the end."

Have you seen the movie? It's also very good.

message 131: by Sara (new)

Sara (cookiemunkstuh) | 5 comments Don't die my love
Lureleene McDaniel

message 132: by Andrea Blanch (last edited Jun 26, 2012 07:52AM) (new)

Andrea Blanch (itsVlanch) | 9 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Green i literally cried my heart out.

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins when peeta forgot he loved katniss.

message 133: by [deleted user] (new)

Michelle L. wrote: "Janiera wrote: "The Help by Kathryn Stockett

This book really did change my life and I bo hoo at the end."

Have you seen the movie? It's also very good."

yup! The movie was very good. i loved the book more of choose but the moving was also touching.

message 134: by Chryselle (last edited Nov 22, 2012 01:23AM) (new)

Chryselle (chryslle) | 20 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
^ I think I cried more than I expected I would

The Most Important Little Boy In The World - A Novel - by Dean Briggs
^ The first book I ever cried to!

message 135: by Alex (new)

Alex (Alex-the-great-bookworm) I've never properly cried when reading in my life but I came close with Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling

message 136: by Doruntina (new)

Doruntina | 78 comments There's one book i cried for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling - when Dumbledore died :( i was so sad...
And another one i ALMOST cried reading A Kiss to Dream On by Stephanie Mittman

message 137: by Bee {Quite the Novel Idea} (last edited Nov 22, 2012 02:38AM) (new)

Bee {Quite the Novel Idea} (Istyriabookblog) The first one to accomplish that is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and now Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry too

message 138: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover it's such a beautiful book. :)

message 139: by Dione (new)

Dione Sage | 21 comments The Pact by Jodi Picoult by Jodi Picoult, Night Road by Kristin Hannah by Kristin Hannah, Moloka'i by Alan Brennert by Alan Brennert, Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher by Jay Asher and Everything I have read by Nicholas Sparks. There are actually quite a few books I remember crying during but I can't recall the names.

message 140: by Jill (new)

Jill (jspeaks) | 15 comments Of course, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green! ^^ Also, If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman, Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman and yes, believe it or not Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James :")

message 141: by Duks (last edited Nov 22, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

Duks (cnduks_) | 2040 comments 1.)I think we all ugly cried at The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

2.) Finale (Hush, Hush, #4) by Becca Fitzpatrick's ending was so bittersweet.

3.) Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead cried and threw the book.

message 142: by Mirely (last edited Nov 23, 2012 03:21PM) (new)

Mirely (rumor_has_it) | 18 comments Dear John by Nicholas Sparks Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept by Paulo Coelho Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1) by Katie McGarry Something Like Normal by Trish Doller Want by Stephanie Lawton Night of the Purple Moon by Scott Cramer What A Boy Needs (What A Boy Wants, #2) by Nyrae Dawn Exhale (Just Breathe, #2) by Kendall Grey Until I Die (Revenants, #2) by Amy Plum The Good Braider by Terry Farish Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor

This sums it up for the year and a bit more. I'm sure I'm missing some.

message 143: by Jen (new)

Jen Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata made me cry like a baby. It wasn't a good sob session either - the subject of the book made me go to thoughts I would have rather avoided.

Kira-Kira by Cynthia Kadohata

message 144: by Bre (new)

Bre I was literally completely sobbing in every sense of the word in these books:

Dear John
How to Kill a Rock Star
God Shaped Hole

message 145: by Inday-Elie (new)

Inday-Elie (READ_or_DIE) | 49 comments I cried over The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness when Todd's dog Manchee died *sniff sniff*

message 146: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Slammed (Slammed, #1) by Colleen Hoover and The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred that one had me balling like a baby!

message 147: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (ofdustandstarlight) If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle Forman Where She Went (If I Stay, #2) by Gayle Forman

Warning: Not suitable for consumption in public areas.
Find a comfortable spot where no one can see/hear you for these books.

message 148: by Clare (new)

Clare dooley (claredooley) | 653 comments "beautiful redemption , the last unicorn, wizard in the grove,...most things that George R.R. Martins writes( I think he enjoys it )I'm sure I'll be back.
Some crying is set to music.(Morrissey, Elliot Smith,the invisable sndtk & prahhn, depech mode )
Also water ship down. & lots of parts in the Book series Kushiel's legacy. I'm sure I'll come back & ass more

message 149: by Remmy (new)

Remmy A lot of books have made me cry...
The Fault in Our Stars

message 150: by Rebecka (new)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Child Called "It" (other topics)
The Pact (other topics)
My Sister's Keeper (other topics)
For One More Day (other topics)
The Last Song (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nicholas Sparks (other topics)