It's not just a FAYZ discussion

General > Introduce yourself

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (last edited Dec 03, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

Stephen (Havan) | 52 comments Mod
Hi. I'm Steve and I have been a fan of Gone since I read the first installment. It brings up so many issues and actually encourages thought about real world issues while still being entertaining.

I've checked out the other GONE group but it appeared to me to have devolved into a funhouse not unlike the first few days of the FAYZ. I'd like to dicuss the bigger issues and am setting up a few discussion topics that I hope will get the ball rolling.

Since we don't know each other may I suggest as part of your intro that we play a game called two truths and a lie here's my old standby...

Two truths and a lie:
Once had a pet crow
Twice escaped terrorist attacks
I once met a person who didn't like chocolate

Catherine (BellaBaby) | 4 comments This is the kind of group I like!! I'm Catherine thx for making this!!

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (Charlie_Awesome) This sounds like a good group! Love the gone series!!! Thanks, the other group was 100% spam.

Charlotte- insert an inside joke here- wrote: "This sounds like a good group! Love the gone series!!! Thanks, the other group was 100% spam."

Maybe we can get Little Petey to send em to Hawaii... You know how Hawaiins love SPAM!

Crazyjamie | 3 comments Given that the message sent by Stephen asking me to join was my first ever on this site, and until now I didn't even realise groups actually existed, how could I resist an opportunity to join? I'm actually reading Lies at the moment, so hopefully I can actively contribute for at least a little while.

message 6: by Stephen (last edited Dec 02, 2011 01:15AM) (new)

Welcome! I'm hoping that we can get a number of people that are actually able to pose and answer questions about these books. I've wanted to discuss them seriously ever since I encountered the first one.

I guess I felt the need for group therapy for the PTSD that comes from reading about the FAYZ

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for inviting me Stephen. I am sorry to read you have PTSD from reading about the FAYZ. That does not encourage me as I get that very easily. Hope you get some help.

Alice in CO

Jessye (j3girl) | 2 comments I was just on the other large group for Gone and I'm so glad I found this one where we can actually talk about the book and not random conversations, so thanks for creating this group! You have a new member, name's Jessye! :)

Suzanne (SMSRogers) I here and ready to discuss my favorite YA series!

Jennifer (jsills3) My name is Jennifer. I love this series but it's been a while since I've read it. I need to refresh my memory. Thank you for inviting me Steve! I am planning to re read the series on my Christmas break.

message 11: by Stephen (last edited Dec 06, 2011 12:10AM) (new)

Welcome everybody! I've posted a few thought I had as I re-read the first three books over the last 2 weeks and I'm keen to have your comments.

Of course everyone can start new topics as well. These books raised so many interesting issues for me I'm hoping that the discussion will be active, informative and thought provoking.

Lollibombdoll  {♥️BunnyBoy♥️} (LollibombLee) Charlotte- insert an inside joke here- wrote: "This sounds like a good group! Love the gone series!!! Thanks, the other group was 100% spam."

OI! ok mabby u have a point but that was my first group i ever joined
hi im lily but evry1 on goodreads calls me ninja
i'l do my best 2 stay on topic

message 13: by christinE (last edited May 09, 2012 01:57PM) (new)

christinE (Christine6454) | 4 comments Hi my name is Christine.

Arrictine Reads (ArrictineReads) | 2 comments Hello!!! I just recently got involved in GONE and Michael Grant's works!

christinE (Christine6454) | 4 comments I love the GONE books and thank you for making this group, it is good to have one that is serious and not just spam like the other group (even though the other group was kinda fun). I will try my hardest to stay on topic.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi im Kassi...

Alexa Kirkland | 3 comments Hi, I just joined and I LOVE the Gone series!

Madeleine (DramaQueenMaddie13) | 4 comments Hi, hi. Gone Series my one of my FAVS!

unread topics | mark unread