UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Archive > The Book has landed!

Comments (showing 451-500 of 541) (541 new)    post a comment »

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 23221 comments He isn't the worst for naughty stuff. But he is hilarious.

D.M. Andrews (author) Andrews (DMAndrews) | 1536 comments Well, it might have more appeal and could be category placed...thus leading to more exposure to the participants...

Would there be enough authors to populate a few categories?

Yes, it'd have to be renamed :)

Imagine - a year from now - people on Amazon seeking out the latest "GoodReads Anthology Winter 2013 - Thrillers", "GoodReads Anthology Winter 2013 - Young Adult", "GoodReads Anthology Winter 2013 - Romance"

Fiona (Titch) Hunt (Titch) | 848 comments Just got my copy x

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments No WE're the best for the naughty stuff !

message 455: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments It would be lovely if we could generate that much material. I actually had to crack the whip (there are still people with lash marks and nightmares!) to get just over 30,000 words - novella sized.

If there's enough material I'd love to see it happen.

We've siold 95 copies to date by the way. Not long till the 100 book party!

message 456: by Lorraine (last edited Jan 22, 2012 01:31AM) (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments Awesome !

Not sure I want to get into the next one now Ignite seeing how you treat the writers! Mind you after you've edited my piece of rubbish there'll probably only be two words left: THE END

Darren Humphries (Darrenhf) | 5538 comments The End?

Lorraine, I find the plot hard to follow and the characterisation was a little weak. Liked the length though. :-)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments Well 1 star is better than none !

message 459: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (MarkRFaulkner) | 452 comments I'd happily write something for it. I have a few recepies too.

message 460: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Looks like we're up for Book 2 then?
I really think that towards the end of the year again will be best. What do others think? If we start collecting material around September (I have some already) we can see if there's enough to break into categories or if it's just enough for a single volume.

PS Lorraine, I can put you in the comfy chair and just poke you with a cushion of you prefer!

Gingerlily - Elephant Philosopher | 23221 comments Mark wrote: "I'd happily write something for it. I have a few recepies too."

Recepies - recipes for pies?

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments Yea but then everyone will be jealous Ignite, can't have preferred treatment to everybody else.... I'll endure the whip and the taunting Ignite, I can take it !

message 463: by Mark (new)

Mark Faulkner (MarkRFaulkner) | 452 comments Gingerlily (aka The Wardrobe) wrote: "Mark wrote: "I'd happily write something for it. I have a few recepies too."

Recepies - recipes for pies?"

I can do pies. I make a lot of wines and liquers and could throw some of those in the mix.

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4315 comments A genre based book sounds great but as ignite says it was a struggle to get contributions for book one. Perhaps as we get bigger it will get easier. For now it is just nice to be able to publish a mix from all our members (authors and readers).

message 465: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Hear the words of our Illustrious Leader (and I WILL be persecuting you for another contribution!)

message 467: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Louise-Lesley gave us our 9th review yesterday too - another 5* - ta chuck! We have 2 x 4* and 7 x 5*. Good little book eh?

David Wailing | 835 comments A new Gallimaufrey?!

Can I play, please?

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments David wrote: "A new Gallimaufrey?!

Can I play, please?"

I second that please !

message 470: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Oh yes! Anyone can play! (As long as you let me win!)
I have a few already and some more promised - Mel Comley, Mark Faulkner and now David. I must trawl back through the thread and see if anyone else has volunteered. Going to be good eh? My whip will be redundant.

message 471: by Kath (new)

Kath | 2003 comments well... with my poems in it (assuming they make the cut) it really can't be anything more than wonderful !

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments Maybe you should do a new thread dedicated to the planning of number two Gallimaufrey :)

David Wailing | 835 comments Oh goody-goody!!! I get to hang out with the cool kids!

I've been bitten by the short story bug lately, both reading and writing, so I'd love to contribute a little tale.

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments David wrote: "Oh goody-goody!!! I get to hang out with the cool kids!

I've been bitten by the short story bug lately, both reading and writing, so I'd love to contribute a little tale."

Hope "our" story will not be a short one ;)

David Wailing | 835 comments Lorraine - HAHAHA Gotcha! wrote: "Maybe you should do a new thread dedicated to the planning of number two Gallimaufrey :)"

This is a good idea - it would be great to track development of it, know when deadlines are, find out what other people are doing for it, etc.

Lorraine, our saga will last a lifetime! :-)

message 476: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments I think I twisted Harry (Tom Fleck ) Nicholson's arm for a poem. Well, I KNOW I twisted it - I'm fairly sure he said yes!

message 477: by Lorraine (last edited Jan 22, 2012 03:38AM) (new)

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments David wrote: "Lorraine, our saga will last a lifetime! :-) "

GOOD, because once I love, I love forever and ever, body heart and soul !

Ignite, another idea... in one of Simon's email updates to all the members, maybe he could mention that you are on the lookout for some more material for the next Gallimaufrey :) That way the people that don't follow this thread would know of it too :)

message 478: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments That's an excellent idea Lorraine. Maybe come the summer when everyone's feeling happy and creative?

Lorraine Versini (LorraineVersini) | 9104 comments Yea, that'll give them enough time to come up with something hopefully... unless they're like me in which case they'd better start writing right now !

message 480: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments If I may push an idea forward, if there is a new one, Jenny must be bullied into writing several more short stories.

*nods*

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 37738 comments One at the very least, Elle.

message 482: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Louise-Lesley wrote: "If I may push an idea forward, if there is a new one, Jenny must be bullied into writing several more short stories.

*nods*"

If her mum can't do it, no-one can - I'll pass on your Message!

message 483: by Jenny (Border Dweller) (last edited Jan 28, 2012 01:44PM) (new)

Jenny (Border Dweller) | 210 comments I can now exclusively reveal that I've started a new story. It doesn't really fit a genre, nor am I certain that it's the sort of story I should showto my mother :-o But nonetheless I feel it is destined for the new collection if you'd like it.

Edit: This is mainly of note because it will be my first new story in over 10 years.

message 484: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments You may think your mother is a prude Jenny - people here know otherwise!
I look forward to reading it!

message 485: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments Yay!!

Philip (sarah) Willis | 4365 comments Looking forward to reading it Jenny,I so enjoyed your story in The group book.(sorry can't get the link)Has the book been saved?

message 487: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments Don't think it needed saved!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 37738 comments Jenny (The Railway Cat) wrote: "I can now exclusively reveal that I've started a new story. It doesn't really fit a genre, nor am I certain that it's the sort of story I should showto my mother :-o But nonetheless I feel it is d..."

I'm so pleased you are writing! You truly have talent, Jenny.

message 489: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Jan 30, 2012 03:32AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4315 comments A good excuse to put the link to it again though.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Goodreads-G...

message 490: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Jan 30, 2012 03:32AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4315 comments I wonder if Patti will be asking a question about it in the quiz?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Goodreads-G...

message 491: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments Who knows. I gave her some of the questions but to carry it on for a month (and update it with newer authors) she has taken it and made it her own - in her own way! :)

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 37738 comments Erg. I went looking for the message you sent me ages ago, Ignite.

Couldn't find it. I either deleted it or it's lost in my thousands of PMs.

I've done all the questions from scratch, using a complicated algorithm to keep it fair.

message 493: by Simon (Highwayman) (last edited Jan 30, 2012 05:36AM) (new)

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4315 comments Ah yes Patti, I know all about complex algorithms....

We had the "Dotty choosing a cat biscuit on top of a name" algorithm followed by the "guess the number of jelly beans" algorithm ...

Stephen Hawkins eat your heart out!

Patti (baconater) (Goldengreene) | 37738 comments Oh my algorithm is much more clever and complicated than those.

It involved cockroaches and banana plants.

message 495: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments Book has a cover again!

Simon (Highwayman) (highwayman) | 4315 comments Who stole our cover?

message 497: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments Amazon stole it!

Along with like, loads others. Been taking a break going through them again. Saw that somehow lots of new random editions been added too so loads of doubles to delete. Cleaning up Shaun Jeffrey books atm! I just did them last week so a slight FU to Amazon.

message 498: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 15566 comments I still have the original questions but as they were mnore an idea than questions, you algorithms will do fine. (I got algorithm, I got music,...)

message 499: by Karl (new)

Karl Jones Mine book lacks a cover and a description, blooming amazon :( lol
Oh well, I've always preferred anonymity.

message 500: by Elle (new)

Elle (Louiselesley) | 7646 comments You gonna have to upload your own Karl as I can't find a decent enough sized one to upload for you!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Goodreads Gallimaufrey (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Shaun Jeffrey (other topics)