Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Challenges > Artist's Color Wheel - Start after Jan. 2012 (Yearly)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 197) (197 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Apr 22, 2012 08:44PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments ~ Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~

description

Rules: This is all about cover colors! You may use anthologies, audiobooks, & re-reads. If you plan ahead, you can change your mind later, too. You can read the books in any order! (Except for “Read a Rainbow.”) You can use bookcovers from OTHER COUNTRIES, as long as you read the book in your language.

Edit your original post or add a new post with your updates. Whatever you like. Just please be clear as to the number of your books completed near the top of your post and to the left, for example:

6/25

to indicated you have completed six out of twenty-five books (or whatever palette you choose).

Duration: One year from your start date. You can start anytime after January 1, 2012.

descriptiondescriptiondescription

Artist's Palettes: Choose the palette that best suits you. You can commit to one or all of the palettes, or decided to increase to the next palette as you go along.

Palette Title # of Books Colors
Primary 03 blue, red, & yellow
Secondary 03 green, orange, & violet
Tertiary 06 red–orange, red–violet,
yellow–orange, yellow–green,
blue–violet & blue–green
Grey Scale 06 white to black
                                                                /

Read a Rainbow* 07 red, orange, yellow, green,
(*in order!) blue, indigo, violet
*Read a Rainbow: Aristotle was first to devote serious attention to the rainbow and note that it ALWAYS appears in a specific order; Sir Isaac Newton was the first to differentiate and label the colors. Therefore, for this palette, your selected books must be read in the order posted below. You can work on other palettes, and come back to this one, but you can NOT jump around within this one (i.e. go from yellow to red). You can start at any color, but you must maintain the order.
                Photobucket
                                                            description

Bonus: Any book with two complementary colors on the cover. Complimentary colors appear directly opposite one another on the color wheel.

EXAMPLES

Primary
Valley of Silence (Circle trilogy #3) by Nora Roberts The Poison Tree by Erin Kelly Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Secondary
White Lies (Arcane Society, #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Truly, Madly (Lucy Valentine, #1) by Heather Webber The Green Ripper by John D. MacDonald

Tertiary
6 Killer Bodies by Stephanie Bond Burn by Linda Howard Last Night's Scandal (Carsington Brothers #5) by Loretta Chase My True Love by Karen Ranney Obsession, Deceit, and Really Dark Chocolate (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #3) by Kyra Davis Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery #4) by Kyra Davis

Grey Scale
Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts The Unquiet by J.D. Robb My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent Petals on the River by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss What-the-Dickens The Story of a Rogue Tooth Fairy by Gregory Maguire Crushed Seraphim  by Debra Anastasia

Read a Rainbow
Mercy by Jodi Picoult Terugkeer naar Inverness (De Reiziger-cyclus, #2) by Diana Gabaldon The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare The Colour of Law by Mark Gimenez Moon Shadows by Nora Roberts One Dark Night by Jaid Black Mastered By Love (Bastion Club, #8) by Stephanie Laurens

Bonus: Complimentary Colors - directly opposite on wheel
The Help by Kathryn Stockett Quidditch Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling Lean Mean Thirteen (Stephanie Plum, #13) by Janet Evanovich

All your moderators worked on this one: CaroB, Heather, ✿Michelle✿, and myself; however, I would like to thank Heather & her graphic-artist husband for suggesting & finding the cool grey-scale (and the example books!). And CaroB for thinking of “Read a Rainbow” and finding the example books.

message 2: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments So many great challenges coming up! I'm in :-)

message 3: by Heather (last edited Nov 30, 2011 08:35PM) (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments I think this is the one I'm looking forward to the most, behind the 2,012 in 2012 Book Count Challenge. So count me full in!

message 4: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6042 comments Oooh, this is a cool challenge! This will be fun!

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited May 17, 2012 11:02AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments RFftCI: Yearly

~ Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~

UNSURE OF LEVEL!

20/30

Primary = blue, red, & yellow
blue - Lover Eternal, by J.R. Ward ★★★★✩ OCD 1/27 “b.r.”
red - Texas Splendor, by Lorraine Heath ★★★★★ HC 3/3
yellow - What I Talk about When I Talk about Running,
                     by Haruki Murakami ★★★★✩ ODA 1/15

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Texas Destiny, Texas Glory, Texas Splendor by Lorraine Heath What I Talk about When I Talk about Running by Haruki Murakami

Secondary
green: Bayou Moon, by Ilona Andrews ★★★½✩ PB 3/19
orange: On the Edge, by Ilona Andrews ★★★★★ PB 1/21
purple: The Masque of the Black Tulip, by Lauren Willig ★★★★★ Library-CDs 3/29 “b.r.”

Bayou Moon (The Edge, #2) by Ilona Andrews On the Edge (The Edge, #1) by Ilona Andrews The Masque of the Black Tulip (Pink Carnation, #2) by Lauren Willig

Tertiary
red–orange: V is for Vengeance, by Sue Grafton (ODA)
red–violet: Slave to Sensation, by Nalini Singh ★★★★★ audible.com 1/9
yellow–orange: Explosive Eighteen, by Janet Evanovich (ODA)
yellow–green: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie, by Alan Bradley ★★★★★ ODA 1/14
blue–violet:
blue–green: Scoundrel, by Zoe Archer ★★★★½ PB 2/18

V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22) by Sue Grafton Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh Explosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18) by Janet Evanovich The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley Scoundrel (The Blades of the Rose, #2) by Zoe Archer

Grey Scale
We Bought a Zoo: The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals That Change Their Lives Forever, by Benjamin Mee ★★★½✩ 3/21
Then Again, by Diane Keaton ★★★½✩ ODA 1/22
About That Night, by Julie James ★★★★½ PB 4/16
Super in the City, by Daphne Uviller ★★★½✩ Library-CDs 5/15

We Bought a Zoo The Amazing True Story of a Young Family, a Broken Down Zoo, and the 200 Wild Animals That Change Their Lives Forever by Benjamin Mee Then Again by Diane Keaton About That Night (FBI / US Attorney, #3) by Julie James Super in the City by Daphne Uviller

Read a Rainbow - starting with indigo!
Photobucket
5. ✔ blue: Mine Till Midnight, by Lisa Kleypas ★★★★★ audible.com 2/27
6. ✔ indigo: Smokin' Seventeen, by Janet Evanovich ★★★★✩ ODA 3/19
7. ✔ violet: When Beauty Tamed the Beast, by Eloisa James ★★★★½ Loupe-CDs 5/13
1. ✔ red: Seduce Me at Sunrise, by Lisa Kleypas ★★★★½ OCD 5/16 pub “re-read via audio”
2. orange:
3. yellow:
4. green:

Mine Till Midnight (The Hathaways, #1) by Lisa Kleypas Smokin' Seventeen (Stephanie Plum, #17) by Janet Evanovich When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Fairy Tales, #2) by Eloisa James Seduce Me at Sunrise (The Hathaways, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

Bonus: Complimentary Colors - directly opposite on wheel
His Mistress by Christmas, by Victoria Alexander ★★★★½ OCD 1/1
Sizzling Sixteen, by Janet Evanovich ★★★½✩ ODA 1/2
Deadly Fear, by Cynthia Eden ★★★★✩ audible.com 2/14
The Wedding Night, by Linda Needham (OCD)

His Mistress By Christmas (Sinful Family Secrets #1) by Victoria Alexander Sizzling Sixteen (Stephanie Plum, #16) by Janet Evanovich Deadly Fear (Deadly, #1) by Cynthia Eden The Wedding Night by Linda Needham

“b.r.” = “buddy read”
OCD = OneClickDigital
ODA = Over Drive Audio

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments Quick question, can we use books from other challenges on this or is this going to be limited to books read for this challenge only?

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments I would say we can use other books from other challenges. It is going to be hard enough, don't you think?

message 8: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Phew! Thank goodness!

message 9: by taita (new)

taita | 188 comments Ooooooooo..... Now this is a challenge. I'm in. Not sure at what level yet though. Still trying to decipher. LOL. Loving it though. Let me think on it and get back to you all. But yah, some awesome challenges for next year! Thanks for keeping it interesting!

message 10: by Joann (new)

Joann | 495 comments Quite the challenge here! Not sure yet what I'm going to do, but I'll come back with some sort of list....LOL

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Great, Joann. Welcome to the challenge, girl-friend. Can't wait to see what you come up with. ☺

message 12: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments Oh wow this sounds really fun. I love the ideas this group comes up, so happy I joined :)

I am definitely in :)

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments Great to have you, Hayley!

message 14: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6042 comments I think this is the challenge I'm most looking forward to. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)

message 15: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments Thank you Heather =)

message 16: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Lovely, Hayley! Welcome to the challenge. ☺

message 17: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments Thank you Lisa. I'm excited. This challenge seems very fun!

message 18: by Laura (last edited Oct 26, 2012 01:11PM) (new)

Laura | 84 comments Primary:

1. Blue - In Bed With A Highlander **** 04.01.12
2. Red - Bloodlines *** 15.01.12
3. Yellow - It Happened One Autumn *** 19.01

In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead It Happened One Autumn (Wallflowers, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

Secondary:

Green - Poison Study ***** 08.04.12
2. Orange- Stealing Shadows ***** 08.04.12
3. Violet - The Night Before The Wedding ***** 27.07.12

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Stealing Shadows (Bishop/Special Crimes Unit, #1) by Kay Hooper The Night Before The Wedding by Debra Mullins

Tertiary:

Red-Orange - Magic to the Bone **** 02.08.12
2. Red-Violet - Die for Me ** 22.04.12
3. Yellow-Orange - Demonglass ***** 07.08.12
4. Yellow-Green - Summer Knight ***** 11.02.12
5. Blue-Violet - Speak No Evil ***** 01.08.12
6. Blue green - Tracking the Tempest *** 13.09

Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum Summer Knight (The Dresden Files, #4) by Jim Butcher Demonglass (Hex Hall, #2) by Rachel Hawkins Speak No Evil (No Evil Trilogy, #1) by Allison Brennan Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2) by Nicole Peeler

Gray Scale:
The Devil in Winter **** 09.06
2. Matched **** 30.04
3. At Grave's End 23.05 *****
4. Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors *** 27.08
5. Thorn Queen ***** 11.10.12
6. Slave to Sensation *** 18.10.12
The Devil in Winter (Wallflower Series) by Lisa Kleypas Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie At Grave's End (Night Huntress, #3) by Jeaniene Frost Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4) by Molly Harper Thorn Queen (Dark Swan, #2) by Richelle Mead Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

Read a Rainbow:
1. Red -
Bloodfever ***** 24.03
2. Orange - Aftertime ** 14.05
3. Yellow - Shadow Blade ** 20.04
4. Green - The Stolen Child *** 19.09
5. Blue - Kitty and the Silver Bullet ***** 29.09
6. Indigo - Once Burned ** 08.10.12
7. Violet - Ghost Shadow ***** 26.10

Bloodfever (Fever, #2) by Karen Marie Moning Aftertime (Aftertime, #1) by Sophie Littlefield Shadow Blade (Shadowchasers, #1) by Seressia Glass The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4) by Carrie Vaughn Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Ghost Shadow (Bone Island Trilogy, #1) by Heather Graham

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Great, Laura! Welcome to the challenge, also! ☺

message 20: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments Great to have you, Laura!

message 21: by Laura (new)

Laura | 84 comments thanx :)

message 22: by Joann (last edited May 25, 2012 01:24PM) (new)

Joann | 495 comments ~ RLftCI Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~

Duration: January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2012

21/26 Read

Updated 05.21.12

Primary
1. blue: The Affair by Lee Childs, 01.02.12 ★★★★★
2. red: Cherry Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke, 04.04.12 ★★★★
3. yellow: Lemon Meringue Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke, 01.14.12 ★★★

The Affair A Reacher Novel by Lee Child Cherry Cheesecake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #8) by Joanne Fluke Lemon Meringue Pie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #4) by Joanne Fluke

Secondary
1. green: Never a Gentleman by Eileen Dreyer, 01.15.12 ★★1/2
2. orange: The 6th Target by James Patterson
3. violet: Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton, 02.16.12 ★★★★

Never a Gentleman (The Drake's Rakes, #2) by Eileen Dreyer The 6th Target (Women's Murder Club, #6) by James Patterson Danse Macabre (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #14) by Laurell K. Hamilton

Tertiary
1. red-orange: V is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton, 02.14.12 ★★★1/2
2. red violet: Drink Deep by Chloe Neill, 02.25.12 ★★★★★
3. yellow-orange: Plum Pudding Murder by Joanne Fluke
4. yellow-green: Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet by M.C. Beaton
5. blue-violet: Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey, 01.18.12 ★★★
6. blue-green: Living on the Edge by Shannon K. Butcher, 04.08.12 ★★★★

V is for Vengeance (Kinsey Millhone, #22) by Sue Grafton Drink Deep (Chicagoland Vampires, #5) by Chloe Neill Plum Pudding Murder (Hannah Swensen, #12) by Joanne Fluke Agatha Raisin and the Vicious Vet (Agatha Raisin, #2) by M.C. Beaton Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey Living on the Edge (Edge, #1) by Shannon K. Butcher

Grey scale: white to black
1. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones, 02.06.12 ★★★
2. The Unquiet Anthology, 03.02.12 ★★★1/2
3. Blood Will Tell by Samantha Young, 03.03.12 ★★★★
4. The Daykeeper's Grimoire by Christy Raedeke
5. This Side of the Grave by Jeaniene Frost, 04.07.12 ★★★★★
6. The Reaping by M. Leighton, 01.07.12 ★★★

First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones The Unquiet (includes In Death, #33.5) by J.D. Robb Blood Will Tell (Warriors of Ankh #1) by Samantha Young The Daykeeper's Grimoire by Christy Raedeke This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress, #5) by Jeaniene Frost The Reaping (The Fahllen, #1) by M. Leighton

Read a rainbow (in order)
1. red: Sacred Sins by Nora Roberts, 01.17.12 ★★★1/2
2. orange: The Gilded Web by Mary Balogh, 02.23.12 ★★
3. yellow: The Heiress by Lynsay Sands, 02.28.12 ★★★
4. green: Sugar House, The by Laura Lippman, 03.04.12 ★★★1/2
5. blue: Blue Dahlia by Nora Roberts, 03.12.12 ★★★★
6. indigo: Dark Desires by Eve Silver, 05.03.12 ★★★
7. violet: By His Majesty's Grace by Jennifer Blake, 05.21.12 ★★★★

Sacred Sins (SS/BV, #1) by Nora Roberts The Gilded Web (Web, #1) by Mary Balogh The Heiress (Madison Sisters, #2) by Lynsay Sands The Sugar House A Tess Monaghan Investigation by Laura Lippman Blue Dahlia (In The Garden trilogy #1)  by Nora Roberts Dark Desires (Dark Gothic #1) by Eve Silver By His Majesty's Grace (The Three Graces, #1) by Jennifer Blake

Bonus: Any book with two complementary colors on the cover. Complimentary colors appear directly opposite one another on the color wheel.

1. The King's Mistress by Emma Campion

The King's Mistress by Emma Campion

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments **Gasp!** Joann! Sooooo pretty!

message 24: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments Yes very pretty Joann :)

message 25: by Joann (new)

Joann | 495 comments Thank you, Ladies. I had a blast getting all the colors together!

message 26: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments I know, it's kind of exciting!

message 27: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments I'm going to have to steal a couple of those. **hee hee**

message 28: by CaroB (last edited Oct 03, 2012 12:22AM) (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments ~ Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~
1st Jan to 31st Dec 2012
Total: 25/25 Read

Greyscale: 6/6
1. At Peace
2. Second Sight
3. Curio
4. Bared to You
5. Fifty Shades Freed
6. Divine Evil
At Peace (The 'Burg, #2) by Kristen Ashley Second Sight (Arcane Society, # 1) by Amanda Quick Curio (Curio, #1) by Cara McKenna Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3) by E.L. James Divine Evil by Nora Roberts

Primary: 3/3
Yellow: Scandal's Bride
Blue: A Rake's Vow
Red: You Slay Me
Scandal's Bride (Cynster, #3) by Stephanie Laurens A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2) by Stephanie Laurens You Slay Me (Aisling Grey Guardian, #1) by Katie MacAlister

Secondary: 3/3
Purple: Sweet Trouble
Green: Magic Bites
Orange: One Day
Sweet Trouble (Bakery Sisters, #3) by Susan Mallery Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews One Day by David Nicholls

Tertiary: 6/6
Vermilion:Kiss of Fire
Amber:The Last Honest Woman
Chartreuse: Rock Chick Rescue
Aquamarine: On the Island
Indigo: Dark Desires After Dusk
Violet: Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night
Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke The Last Honest Woman (O'Hurleys #1) by Nora Roberts Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley On the Island by Tracey Garvis-Graves Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole

Read A Rainbow (in order): 7/7
Photobucket
Red: Third Grave Dead Ahead
Orange: Master of the Mountain
Yellow: The Poetry of Pablo Neruda
Green: Rock Chick Rescue
Blue: Once Burned
Indigo: Rock Chick Redemption
Violet: Glory in Death
Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones Master of the Mountain (Mountain Masters #1) by Cherise Sinclair The Poetry of Pablo Neruda by Pablo Neruda Rock Chick Rescue (Rock Chick, #2) by Kristen Ashley Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost Rock Chick Redemption (Rock Chick, #3) by Kristen Ashley Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb

message 29: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments NICE, CaroB!!

message 30: by CaroB (new)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Thanks Heather :-)

message 31: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6042 comments Those are pretty, CaroB!

message 32: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Neat, CaroB!

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments How did I just now see your post, Joann! That's gorgeous. You've painted me green with envy!! lol

message 34: by Joann (new)

Joann | 495 comments So pretty, CaroB!

message 35: by Joann (new)

Joann | 495 comments Thank you, Heather! :)

message 36: by Heather (last edited Apr 03, 2012 03:08PM) (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments RLftCI Artist's Color Wheel Challenge

I will be updating this post for the duration of the challenge.

21/25 Completed

Level I:
Primary

1. ✔ red: Killjoy by Julie Garwood
2. ✔ yellow: The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare
3. ✔ blue: The Spy Who Left Me by Gina Robinson

Killjoy (Buchanan, #3) by Julie Garwood The Taming of the Shrew by William Shakespeare The Spy Who Left Me (Agent Ex #1) by Gina Robinson

Level II:
Secondary

1. ✔ green: After Glow by Jayne Castle
2. ✔ orange: Copper Beach by Jayne Ann Krentz
3. ✔ purple: Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks

After Glow (Harmony, #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Copper Beach (Dark Legacy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz Tempted by Her Innocent Kiss by Maya Banks

Level III:
Tertiary

1. ✔ red–orange: Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
2. yellow–orange: Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward
3. yellow–green: The Witness by Nora Roberts
4. ✔ blue–green: Stormwalker by Allyson James
5. ✔ blue–violet: Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs
6. ✔ red–violet: Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh

Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3) by Patricia Briggs Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward The Witness by Nora Roberts Stormwalker (Stormwalker, #1) by Allyson James Hunting Ground (Alpha & Omega, #2) by Patricia Briggs Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4) by Nalini Singh

Level IV:
Grey Scale

1. ✔ Enchanted, Inc. by Shanna Swendson
2. ✔ Remember When by Nora Roberts
3. ✔ Crazy Hot by Tara Janzen
4. ✔ Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh
5. Naked Truth by Amy J. Fetzer
6. Sweet Revenge by Nora Roberts

Enchanted, Inc. (Enchanted, Inc. #1) by Shanna Swendson Remember When (includes In Death, #17.5) by Nora Roberts Crazy Hot (Steele Street, #1) by Tara Janzen Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Naked Truth  by Amy J. Fetzer Sweet Revenge by Nora Roberts

Level III:
Read a Rainbow
(going to start with indigo)
1. ✔ red: Survivor In Death
2. ✔ orange: Memory in Death
3. ✔ yellow: Born in Death
4. ✔ green: Innocent in Death
5. ✔ blue: Ritual in Death
6. ✔ indigo: Portrait in Death
7. ✔ violet: Visions in Death

Survivor In Death (In Death, #20) by J.D. Robb Memory in Death (In Death, #22) by J.D. Robb Born in Death (In Death, #23) by J.D. Robb Innocent in Death (In Death, #24) by J.D. Robb Ritual in Death (In Death, #27.5) by J.D. Robb Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) by J.D. Robb Visions in Death (In Death, #19) by J.D. Robb

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments So pretty, Heather!

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments It took me forever last night trying to make the Rainbow series work. lol

message 39: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments LOL! I may steal it. ☺

message 40: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 1684 comments Awwww so pretty!

message 41: by Heather (new)

Heather (MessyBar) | 1307 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "LOL! I may steal it. ☺"

Steal away my dear! It just gives me more excuses to read the series and hopefully catch up with it by the end of the year. =) I'm addicted to it anyway, might as well use the addiction towards something productive.

message 42: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments ~RLftCI Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~

I'm unsure of how many levels I am going to commit to just yet...

1 out of ??? (Not sure yet...)

Primary
• Blue: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
• Red: Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
• Yellow: Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

Secondary
• Green: I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler
• Orange:
• Violet: Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) by Robyn Carr

Tertiary
• Red/Orange
• Red/Violet
• Yellow/Orange
• Yellow/Green: Delicious by Susan Mallery
• Blue/Violet: Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis
• Blue/Green: Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas

Delicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan Mallery Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Grey Scale
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward

Read a Rainbow
Photobucket

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (*Completed on 1/2/2012*)
Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

Bonus: Two Complementary Colors

message 43: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Oh, Hayley, I like it all, but especially you're rainbow.

message 44: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments Thanks Lisa :0). I'm trying to find books for indigo and violet. Not sure if I'm going to read The Sleeping Beauty Proposal.

message 45: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (last edited Dec 03, 2012 05:45AM) (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6042 comments Here we go for this one...I'll be updating this post throughout challenge. I have most of these picked out, but I'll keep ya'll checking back cause I'm going to post them as I read them heehee

24/25

Primary:

Red: To Tempt A Scotsman by Victoria Dahl
Yellow: Beauty Touched the Beast by Skye Warren
Blue: Midnight Angel by Lisa Kleypas

Midnight Angel (Stokehurst, #1) by Lisa Kleypas To Tempt A Scotsman (Huntington, #1) by Victoria Dahl Beauty Touched the Beast by Skye Warren

Secondary:

Green: Private Arrangements by Sherry Thomas
Orange: Bad Boys Do by Victoria Dahl
Purple: Glory in Death by JD Robb

Private Arrangements  by Sherry Thomas Glory in Death (In Death, #2) by J.D. Robb Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2) by Victoria Dahl

Tertiary:
Red-orange:Virgin River by Robyn Carr
Red-violet: Lady Luck by Kristen Ashley
Yellow-orange:Lover Reborn by JR Ward
Yellow-green: The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen
Blue-violet: Dark Craving by Donna Grant
Blue-green: Extreme Exposure by Pamela Clare

Virgin River (Virgin River, #1) by Robyn Carr Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10) by J.R. Ward Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3) by Kristen Ashley The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare Dark Craving (Dark Kings, #1) by Donna Grant

Gray Scale:

The Naked King (Naked Nobility, #7) by Sally MacKenzie Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole Bared to You (Crossfire, #1) by Sylvia Day Fallen (Fallen, #1) by Lauren Kate Kiss of Snow (Psy-Changeling, #10) by Nalini Singh

Read a Rainbow:
Red: Third Grave Dead Ahead
Orange: Girl's Guide to Witchcraft
Yellow: The Leopard Prince
Green: Breathe
Blue: All About Love
Indigo: Undead and Unwed
Violet:

Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) by Darynda Jones Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison, #1) by Mindy Klasky The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2) by Elizabeth Hoyt Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4) by Kristen Ashley All About Love (Cynster, #6) by Stephanie Laurens Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 19360 comments Yay! You're on the board, Susan!

message 47: by Cathy (last edited Jan 09, 2012 06:13PM) (new)

message 48: by Hayley (last edited Jan 12, 2012 01:57PM) (new)

Hayley (mrsjohnson1985) | 679 comments ~RLftCI Artist's Color Wheel Challenge ~

I'm going to try for 25...

3 out 25

Primary
• Blue: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward
• Red: Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas (*Completed on January 5, 2012*)
• Yellow: Baby Proof by Emily Giffin (*Completed on January 11, 2012*)

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas Baby Proof by Emily Giffin

Secondary
• Green: I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler
• Orange:
• Violet: Shelter Mountain by Robyn Carr

I'm Not Her by Janet Gurtler Shelter Mountain (Virgin River, #2) by Robyn Carr

Tertiary
• Red/Orange
• Red/Violet
• Yellow/Orange
• Yellow/Green: Delicious by Susan Mallery
• Blue/Violet: Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis
• Blue/Green: Someone to Watch Over Me by Lisa Kleypas

Delicious (Buchanans, #1) by Susan Mallery Get A Clue by Jill Shalvis Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street Runners, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

Grey Scale
Vision in White by Nora Roberts
Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3) by J.R. Ward Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Read a Rainbow
Photobucket

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward (*Completed on 1/2/2012*)
Lover Revealed by J.R. Ward
Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke
Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich
The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks
The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4) by J.R. Ward Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen, #1) by Joanne Fluke Hero at Large by Janet Evanovich The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks The Sleeping Beauty Proposal by Sarah Strohmeyer

Bonus: Two Complementary Colors

message 49: by Turtlecollector (last edited Sep 13, 2012 01:48PM) (new)

Turtlecollector | 119 comments RLCI Artist Palette

Start: Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 31, 2012
Completed: 25/25

Primary Completed 4/20/12
Blue: If I Stay by Gayle Forman 2/27/12 ♥♥♥
Red: Sleepwalker by Karen Robards 2/7/12 ♥♥♥
Yellow: A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley 4/20/12 ♥♥♥
If I Stay (If I Stay, #1) by Gayle FormanSleepwalker by Karen RobardsA Red Herring Without Mustard (Flavia de Luce, #3) by Alan Bradley

Secondary Completed 5/3/12
Green: Private Games by James Patterson 5/3/12 ♥♥♥
Orange: Deadly Dreams by Kylie Brant 3/12/12 ♥♥♥♥
Violet: Waking Nightmare by Kylie Brant 1/15/12 ♥♥♥♥

Private Games by James PattersonDeadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5) by Kylie BrantWaking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1) by Kylie Brant

Tertiary
Red-orange: The Catcher in the Rye by J D Salinger 1/18/12 ♥♥
Red-violet: Beautiful Sacrifice by Elizabeth Lowell 8/15/12 3♥
Yellow-orange: Explosive Eighteen by Janet Evanovich 1/6/12 ♥♥♥♥
Yellow-green: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson 2/16/12 ♥♥♥♥
Blue-violet: The Last Victim by Karen Robards 9/4/12 ♥♥♥
Blue-green: Cold Sight by Leslie Parrish 1/23/12 ♥♥♥
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. SalingerBeautiful Sacrifice by Elizabeth LowellExplosive Eighteen (Stephanie Plum, #18) by Janet EvanovichThe Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg LarssonThe Last Victim by Karen RobardsCold Sight (Extrasensory Agents, #1) by Leslie Parrish

Grey Scale Completed 2/7/12
White: Longing by Karen Kingsbury 1/22/12 ♥♥♥♥
Ultralight Grey: Matched by Allie Condie 1/13/12 ♥♥♥♥
Light Grey: The Gallows Bird by Camilla Lackberg 1/2/12 ♥♥♥♥♥
Grey: Changeless by Gail Carriger 2/7/12 ♥♥♥♥
Dark Grey: The World According to Garp by John Irving 1/24/12 ♥♥♥
Black: Call Me Princess by Sara Blaedel 1/4/12 ♥♥♥
Longing by Karen KingsburyMatched (Matched, #1) by Ally CondieThe Stranger (Patrik Hedström, #4) by Camilla LäckbergChangeless (Parasol Protectorate, #2) by Gail CarrigerThe World According to Garp by John IrvingCall Me Princess (Louise Rick, #2) by Sara Blaedel

Rainbow Completed 4/17/12
Red: Dead By Nightfall by Beverly Barton 1/1/12 ♥♥♥♥
Orange: One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey 1/22/12 ♥♥
Yellow: Lover's Leap: An Eternity Springs Novel by Emily March 1/22/12 ♥♥♥
Green: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley 2/6/12 ♥♥♥
Blue: 1222 by Anne Holt 2/6/12 ♥♥♥
Indigo: Against the Storm by Kat Martin 2/6/12 ♥♥♥♥
Violet: The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag by Alan Bradley 4/17/12 ♥♥♥
Dead By Nightfall (Griffin Powell, #13) by Beverly BartonOne Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken KeseyLover's Leap (Eternity Springs, #4) by Emily MarchThe Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley1222 by Anne HoltAgainst the Storm (The Raines of Wind Canyon, #4) by Kat MartinThe Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce, #2) by Alan Bradley

message 50: by OmG_iTs_LiZaRd (new)

OmG_iTs_LiZaRd | 167 comments I will try this one

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Carnal Innocence (other topics)
Lust, Loathing and a Little Lip Gloss (other topics)
Truly, Madly (other topics)
Valley of Silence (other topics)
Lean Mean Thirteen (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Kleypas (other topics)
Linda Needham (other topics)
Nalini Singh (other topics)
Haruki Murakami (other topics)
J.R. Ward (other topics)
More...