Outlander Series discussion

Archived > Christmas Book Gifting/Secret Santa - the Big Reveal

Comments (showing 127-176)    post a comment »

message 176: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments please vote Here - if you are interested in maybe doing an Outlander Secret Santa! Poll is open until the 28th.

message 175: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments I'll post a poll to gauge interest ;)

Heather Bailey | 132 comments Anybody thinking about doing this this year??? I havent checked my notifications in FOREVER, and in finally doing so, I happened upon this thread...so if anybody is reading this, perhaps we can do this again...if it was successful??

message 173: by Jen (waiting for the light to change) (last edited Mar 21, 2012 08:50PM) (new)

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) | 1020 comments Angela wrote: "I have no idea who my Secret Santa is, I am kinda worried that she didn't see my thank-you post.How do you tell who it is on an amazon kindle gift? Better yet reveal yourself so I can thank ye prop..."

Hi, Angela! I was your Secret Santa! Sorry for the delayed reply. I haven't had a computer for a few months since my AC adapter died out. lol

I hope you enjoyed your book! :)

Diane | 677 comments I will finish the series just to see what happens next, I actually like those cliffhanger books. I found this book to be an easy read although predictable at times. It was a good size, not too long not too short. I think I will look for an e- reader format for the next book though because the paperback font size was hard to read in lower light for me. It's a bitch getting old :) I gotta break down and do something about getting some glasses but I keep resisting that step. Thanks for introducing me to your Favorite author.

Kesha | 16 comments Diane wrote: "Kesha wrote: "I had Diane and sent her Blood Brothers. It's the first book in Nora Robert's Blood Brothers trilogy. NR is one of my fav authors. I hope she enjoys it."

I did enjoy it..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it Diane. Do you think you'll continue the series?

message 170: by Gigi (new)

Gigi | 5 comments Barbara wrote: "My book arrived today and I'm so happy. Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill I've been wanting to read this series and actually own 2,3 and 4. Yay now I can start! Thanks SecretSanta for making my..."

I had Barbara and I sent her Some Girls Bite!

Laura P | 114 comments Chris wrote: "I had Laura and sent her On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens."

Thank you Chris! I love it!

Chris | 13 comments I had Laura and sent her On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens.

Diane | 677 comments Kesha wrote: "I had Diane and sent her Blood Brothers. It's the first book in Nora Robert's Blood Brothers trilogy. NR is one of my fav authors. I hope she enjoys it."

I did enjoy it, thank you very much, I finished it a couple of weeks ago. I never read Nora Roberts before, that's what I like about this kind of thing, it encourages you to try new things.

Kesha | 16 comments I had Diane and sent her Blood Brothers. It's the first book in Nora Robert's Blood Brothers trilogy. NR is one of my fav authors. I hope she enjoys it.

message 165: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 345 comments I had Gerri and I sent her Halfway to the Grave book #1 of the Night Huntress series, one of my faves. I hope she received it.

Mallory (malloryo85) | 12 comments I had Catherine and I sent her The Constant Princess by Phillippa Gregory.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess (WickedlyBookish) | 11 comments I had Judith and sent her The Host

Hope she got it ok!

message 162: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments Morag wrote: "I had Wendy F and gave her A Scots Quair"

It's so beautiful and I'd been wanting it! Thank you again.

message 161: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments Marietta wrote: "Wendy F wrote: "I had Marietta, and got her Darkfever! Couldn't resist, it's a fav series of mine."

Thank you, thank you Wendy!!! Just got my Kindle and so excited to read it on there!"

You're welcome! You're in for such a treat, it's awesome!

message 160: by Northern Light (last edited Feb 15, 2012 08:35AM) (new)

Northern Light (NorrthernLight) | 161 comments I had Wendy F and gave her A Scots Quair

Marietta | 63 comments Wendy F wrote: "I had Marietta, and got her Darkfever! Couldn't resist, it's a fav series of mine."

Thank you, thank you Wendy!!! Just got my Kindle and so excited to read it on there!

HeatherJay | 7 comments Carol wrote: "I had Jodi and gave her the first book in Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy Series,Kushiel's Dart.

And HeatherJay, Thanks soooooooo much for the book!! Can't wait to read it after..."

You're welcome, Carol! :)

Carol L | 218 comments I had Jody and sent her something from her list. I don't remember now what....it wasn't familiar to me.

Barbara ★ | 52 comments I had Stephanie and sent her two books: The Tree Shepherd's Daughter and The Count of Monte Cristo.

Carol | 29 comments I had Jodi and gave her the first book in Jacqueline Carey's Kushiel's Legacy Series,Kushiel's Dart.

And HeatherJay, Thanks soooooooo much for the book!! Can't wait to read it after I finish up the Dresden Files!! :)

Alycia | 236 comments I had Gigi and gave her The Rose Garden

message 152: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments I had Marietta, and got her Darkfever! Couldn't resist, it's a fav series of mine.

HeatherJay | 7 comments I had Carol and got her The Tea Rose.

Laura P | 114 comments I had Rachel and got her Angels' Blood from the Guild Hunter series

Diane | 677 comments I had Jen and got her The Eye Of The World, it is book one of the Wheel of Time series

message 148: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments its February 14, which means Reveal Day!! - so stop on by and tell us who you had as your Secret Santa ;)

Chris | 13 comments Thank you to my "secret" santa, lol. I received Lord John and the Hand of Devils yesterday, and can't wait to read it.

Kesha | 16 comments I got my book today. Thank you Anita for the gift card and Awaken the Highland Warrior by Anita Clenney Can't wait to start reading it

message 145: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments yeah, book 5 and book 6 will be out in august (IIRC)

Barbara ★ | 52 comments oh no! I didn't know there was another one. Darn now I'll have to get my hands on that one too since a nasty cliff-hanger will make me crazy. Thanks for the heads up.

message 143: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments ohhh have fun barbara...you might want to make sure you have book 5 before you finish book 4 because its a heck of an ending

Barbara ★ | 52 comments My book arrived today and I'm so happy. Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires, #1) by Chloe Neill I've been wanting to read this series and actually own 2,3 and 4. Yay now I can start! Thanks SecretSanta for making my day!

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess (WickedlyBookish) | 11 comments Just got my book today!

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

I'm so excited to read this! I also have to say it is a gorgeous book! The pages have this neat satin finish to them and some of the chapters include photos of the children to go along with the mystery.

Thank you so much Stephanie!

Northern Light (NorrthernLight) | 161 comments Wendy F wrote: "Thank you so much for my print copy of A Scots Quair by Lewis Grassic Gibbon, Morag! I love it and I've been wanting it!"

Glad it arrived and hope you enjoy it.

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess (WickedlyBookish) | 11 comments Stephanie wrote: "Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish (Bat-Jess) wrote: "Don't know who my secret santa is, but in case she is worried, I have not gotten mine yet so that is why I haven't posted anything.

I will be sending m..."

muahahaha! I'm super excited now! Thanks Stephanie! I just wanted to make sure my Secret Valentine didn't think I didn't post to say thank you :-)

Stephanie | 10 comments Jess ♥ Wickedly Bookish (Bat-Jess) wrote: "Don't know who my secret santa is, but in case she is worried, I have not gotten mine yet so that is why I haven't posted anything.

I will be sending my gift once I get paid this week. I figured ..."

Jess, your surprise should arrive on Wednesday. Hope you like it. 8)

Stephanie | 10 comments Barbara wrote: "Alycia wrote: "I clicked on my account in amazon, Under your history click on your digital orders. Scroll until you see the title.it will say gift snd the email addressto the giftee. Click to view ..."

That was me, Barbara!! I got it yesterday and it occurred to me today that there might be a thread for this (I was totally stressed when the gift e-mail didn't include your e-mail address...how was I to thank you???).

Anywho...thank you very much. I really appreciate my book and you letting me know about the freebie. Wishing you a wonderful day! 8)

message 136: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments Thank you so much for my print copy of A Scots Quair by Lewis Grassic Gibbon, Morag! I love it and I've been wanting it!

Rachel (rachel67b) | 3 comments Morag wrote: "My book arrived today. I can't wait to read it and it fits into the Minister's cat challenge! The Greatest Knight (William Marshall #1) by Elizabeth Chadwick

Thanks 'Santa'. I've not come across this author but definitel..."

Hope you enjoy it! :)

Rachel (rachel67b) | 3 comments A big thank you to my secret santa for Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh!! You made my day :)

message 133: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments there are some gifts that were being sent internationally, so I gave it some lee-way

message 132: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments LOL, I have not gotten mine either so some people are waiting.

Jen (waiting for the light to change) (JenPrice) | 1020 comments Gah, so, we have to wait til the 14th to reveal, Dee?!

Torture, I tell ye!

Wicked ♥  (Wickedly Bookish Reviews) aka Bat-Jess (WickedlyBookish) | 11 comments Don't know who my secret santa is, but in case she is worried, I have not gotten mine yet so that is why I haven't posted anything.

I will be sending my gift once I get paid this week. I figured not everyone has sent out their gifts yet as we have until Feb 14 to send.

message 129: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 969 comments yep, the 14th of Feb is the reveal day

Angela (AngelaH110) | 40 comments Wendy F wrote: "It will usually say a name, or the can change the name you see.

I'm pretty sure Dee has it set up for there to be a reveal day."

Yeah I just checked the email again and it says "from your outlander secret santa." Very clever,I never thought of that.

message 127: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3076 comments It will usually say a name, or the can change the name you see.

I'm pretty sure Dee has it set up for there to be a reveal day.

« previous 1 3 4
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

An Unexpected Gentleman (other topics)
First Grave on the Right (other topics)
Dregs (other topics)
The Scorpio Races (other topics)
On a Highland Shore (other topics)
More...