Erudite Readers discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments (showing 1-50 of 1,874) (1874 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 37 38

message 1: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Jon (scottreadsit) | 5707 comments Mod
Hey all you Erudite Readers! I am so excited that you guys joined and I would love for you to introduce yourselves, and invite your friends! Be sure to include your favorite Book and vote in our poll for our first book.
-Yours Truly,
Mockingjay

message 2: by Kira (new)

Kira (KCABLE) | 7 comments right
name's Kira
favorite book: Demon King (by far)
first book....: not a clue maybe the Alex Rider books...? although not everyone like them...
haha

message 3: by Lucy (new)

Lucy | 4 comments hi im lucy im 18 from new zealand and i love reading. My favorite book is the hunger games

message 4: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Michele C (mcgxo95) | 4893 comments Mod
Invite your friends!

Maybe The Maze Runner?

message 5: by Kira (new)

Kira (KCABLE) | 7 comments love the Hunger Games (though thought third book was slightly lamer than the other two [however that's just my own narrow opinion])

message 6: by Trish (new)

Trish (Trishkabob) | 16 comments I haven't read the Hunger Games but it sounds really cool! I recently read The Help and I LOVED it!

message 7: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

@kira I completely agree
@trisha I think you'll love the hunger games.. Maybe the Help can be next months book!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

hey y'all thank u Mockingjay for inviting me to this group

message 9: by Dana (new)

Dana (BookReader123) Same! The hunger games and divergent definitely!!

message 10: by James (new)

James (TheAdventurousBookReader) | 28 comments Hi am James and I love reading fantasy books. Also, I enjoy reading adventure and science fiction as well.

message 11: by Trish (new)

Trish (Trishkabob) | 16 comments Hi James! Do you like Ray Bradbury?

message 12: by James (new)

James (TheAdventurousBookReader) | 28 comments I read All Day Summer in a Night and The Veldt. I love Ray Bradbury short stories that are for young adults.

message 13: by Trish (new)

Trish (Trishkabob) | 16 comments Cool! Has anyone out there read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde? I recently read it and I thought it was really interesting!

message 14: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

i've read the shortened version of it and i personally liked it! We could deff incorporate classics into our reading list :)

message 15: by Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (last edited Dec 01, 2011 02:38AM) (new)

Apps *ąþþℓεş щïŧɧ şþℓεεŋ ïş şҩųïşɧγ* (Appsl) Hey ya all! I'm Apoorva. I'm all messed up about my fav book. I know, what kinda reader dosen't have a favorite book?!?
Anyway, if anyone wants to read the hunger games then I would advise them to read the first two book and then skip to Divergent. You would pretty much get to what happens in mockingjay.

message 16: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn Brooke (kathrynbrookesimon) | 1 comments Hey I'm Brooke! im 15 and from Louisiana! My favorite book is.... o jeeze um favorite author is John Green
ive read the three of the books, i havnt read Divergent, i enjoyed city of bones the most but all were good!

message 17: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Wagner (JRWagner) | 3 comments Hey!

I'm Josh, a YA fantasy Author (book release in 2012). Ray Bradbury is awesome! Right now I'm reading Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. Good, but long -too long. I have so many other books in my queue.

message 18: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

I'm glad everyone seems to love The Hunger Games. I think The Hunger Games and City of Bones are pretty epic. One thing about the City of Bones is that some of the scenes are kinda awkward. I haven't read Divergent or Maze Runner but I'm looking forward to reading them.
-Mockingjay

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber | 104 comments Hey, I'm Amber. I love winter (SNOW omg, going to Buena Vista!!) I have lots of favorites - authors, and books, so I won't name tem all here. I really liked Divergent, and won't mind reading it again.

message 20: by The (new)

The Melonator (TheMelonator) | 22 comments Hi I'm Mel. I absolutely LOVE the Hunger Games series, I have all three books memorized. I should honestly be katniss in the movies I'm so obsessed. If you have any hunger game questons i'm your girl ;)
-TheMelonator

message 21: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Wow we got a HG fan.. Take our poll for monthly book.
The one, and only,
-Mockingjay

message 22: by The (new)

The Melonator (TheMelonator) | 22 comments Already did Mockingjay ;)

message 23: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

one step ahead of me Mel

message 24: by Allison (new)

Allison (amurphh) Hello, I'm Allison. I'm 16 and from North Carolina. I think my favorite books are The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Looking For Alaska. And I loved the Hunger Games series!

message 25: by Amber (new)

Amber | 104 comments Hi I'm Amber. I'm from Minnesota and I'm 15. I don't have any favorites, I like everything I read (cuz I'm just that awesome XD) Though I have some authors that I really like; Scott Westerfeld, Libba Bray, Shannon Hale, Stephanie Meyer, Sarah Dessen, Ellen Hopkins.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi I'm Riley! I'm 17...and...my fave books are Sherlock Holmes. Hes AWESOME! :D:D

message 27: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofia8970) | 7 comments I'm Sofia, 14
First book I read and actually liked: Number the Stars
It's one of my absolutely favorite books, and the one I've re-read the most xD
I'm too indecisive to choose a favorite :3

message 28: by Taz (new)

Taz (tazonbooks) | 31 comments Heyhey, I'm Taz, and I live in Australia. I love fantasy meant for all ages :)
I also dabble in sci fi and PNR, and I can't name my favourite book at the moment :/

message 29: by Sw_lillian (last edited Dec 20, 2011 05:42AM) (new)

Sw_lillian | 63 comments I am Snehal from India..I love a lot of books..so naming just one would be kind of an offence to the rest..so i'll name all- Harry Potter, all Rick Riordan, the Chronicles of Narnia, Anne of Green Gables series, Divergent,A walk to Remember, Hex Hall, I am Number Four,Inkheart Firelight and Vanish, 13 to life, Unearthly...
My first book ever was The Naughtiest Girl...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Heyllo theres actually nuttin interesting to kno about me sorrz

Ela *who loves TVD's Damon Salvatore!!!* Hi guys I'm new here! My name's Ela!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

hey Ela

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey :)

message 34: by Ondrea (new)

Ondrea (ComputerGeek98) | 1 comments Hi my name is Ondrea. I am originally from North Carolina, but moved to Arizona two years ago. For our first book, I really enjoyed the Maze Runner Series by James Dashner, so maybe The Death Cure (the fourth book in the series) could be our first read. (:

message 35: by Sable (new)

Sable (Sablexx) | 7 comments Hello, I'm Sable. Originally from Georgia I moved to Virginia 5 years ago. My favorite books are A Wrinkle in Time, Dolores Claiborne, The Taking, and Just Listen. And for our first book...Maybe The Taking?

message 36: by Dina (new)

Dina Hekal (Deeeh) | 441 comments Hi,
I'm Dina...My favorite books have been Harry Potter for a long time. I like horror and fantasy novels so anything that fits the category will be fine to read...I also write a lot.

Ela *who loves TVD's Damon Salvatore!!!* Hi everyone who is new!

message 38: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Thx everyone for joining

message 39: by Just Emily (new)

Just Emily (whereaway) | 1 comments Thanks for inviting me Michele :)
Hey y'all I'm Emily and my favorite book is....uh....um...Oh man there are too many!! I loved Anne of Green gables, really enjoying Inkheart, and desperately want to read The Princess Bride.

message 40: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

No problem :D I love Anne of Green Gables!

Ela *who loves TVD's Damon Salvatore!!!* Hi Emily! Nice to have you here!

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (Pinballwizard) | 69 comments My name is Emma Lily Grimm!I love HP and i am Emma

message 43: by Jon, The Paperback Prince (new)

Welcome Emma and Emily!!!!!

message 44: by Emma (new)

Emma (Pinballwizard) | 69 comments Tell them tell them how it happened!

message 45: by Amber (new)

Amber Hi I'm Amber. My favorite book is The Book Thief

message 46: by Amber (new)

Amber | 104 comments Hello, Amber. I'm also Amber :P and ikr - The Book Thief was really good.

message 47: by Emery (new)

Emery (Halexx) | 55 comments Hey all! To add to the recent string of Ems, I'm Emery. :)

As far as favorite books go, I really love The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen, and everything Maggie Stiefvater writes. Her two releases this year--Forever and The Scorpio Races--are without a doubt my favorites of 2011. And y'know, I love all the cursory ones, like The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments.

message 48: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Pivirotto  (clarinetto14) | 14 comments Hey I'm Alyssa... Hmmm and I have a lot of favorite books but a few include Pride & Prejudice, Betsy-Tacy, Between Shades of Gray, and the Gallagher Girls series.

message 49: by Michele, The bookoholic! (new)

Hey Emery! Have you read shiver by maggie stiefvater?
Hey Alyssa! I really want to read the
Gallagher girls series!

message 50: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Pivirotto  (clarinetto14) | 14 comments Michele wrote: "Hey Emery! Have you read shiver by maggie stiefvater?
Hey Alyssa! I really want to read the
Gallagher girls series!"

Yeah you totally should! They're really good and they don't take too long to read since they're sorta short. Plus the new one is coming out in a few months! : )

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 37 38

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Wrinkle in Time (other topics)
Just Listen (other topics)
Dolores Claiborne (other topics)
The Taking (other topics)
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set: City of Bones; City of Ashes; City of Glass (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne Rice (other topics)
Neal Stephenson (other topics)
Ray Bradbury (other topics)
Ursula K. Le Guin (other topics)
J.R.R. Tolkien (other topics)
More...