The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past Group Read Nominations > Winner Chosen: Group Read Dec 2011-Jan 2012

Comments (showing 51-62 of 62) (62 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Merritt | 7 comments I also want to go old school. Agatha Christie

I'm a huge Poirot fan.Murder on the Orient Express

Tom Torkelson I'd like to nominate Henning Mankell. He's got the great Wallander series and several great stand-alones, so everyone should be able to pick something they haven't read yet.
Thanks for your consideration!

Carol | 143 comments I would like to nominate Kate AtkinsonKate Atkinson.
Started Early, Took My Dog
Case Histories
Behind the Scenes at the Museum
When Will There Be Good News?
One Good Turn
Some of her Jackson Brodie mysteries were recently on PBS Masterpiece Mystery. I am a Jackson Brodie fan!

Kim (KimMR) I'll also go old school and nominate Dorothy L. Sayers. The first book in the Lord Peter Wimsey series is Whose Body?. However, it is possible to start reading Sayers with the books which also feature Harriet Vane, namely: Strong Poison, Have His Carcase, Gaudy Night and Busman's Honeymoon.

message 55: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

Hayes (Hayes13) | 2057 comments Mod
We have a bazillion names, so I will close the nominations early: at 18:00 my time (GMT +1), which is 12:00 NYC Time.

We will do a first voting until Tuesday the 6th

and the top 8 names will go onto the final.

message 56: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

OK... nominations closed. Go to the polls and vote!

message 57: by Hayes, Co-Moderator (new)

And the winner is Agatha Christie.

Congratulations to Merritt for nominating the winning author.

The Author Fest will kick off on the 15th of December. (I have a few Christie books that I have never read just waiting here on the shelf.... yumm!)

Jannene | 714 comments I have one of hers. I have never read her before, I just downloaded it from my Nook library.

Jerold Last (goodreadscomJerold_Last) | 251 comments The fun in Agatha Christie is her detective characters, especially Hercule Poirot. The books tend to be much alike, so pick the most convenient one and start reading.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (SusannaG) | 282 comments Yeah, and Christie was prolific (to say the least); so there's a wide choice of books.

Merritt | 7 comments Yay! Agatha Christie is an excellent mystery author, and she has written so much! I'll start the new thread soon, and I'll create a list of suggestions for those who aren't sure which of her books to pick.

Andrew (apeim13) | 2 comments Super stoked to read another Agatha Christie novel. I've got a bunch waiting on my shelf.

« previous 1 2 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.