Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) Interview with the Vampire question

Trying to find an old book
AnnieM AnnieM Nov 27, 2011 03:52PM
I read a trilogy or series in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I can remember very little about it. I know it was about a male vampire. His character was similar to Angel from the Buffy TV series. I remember something about him sleeping with women but not always feeding from them. I remember describing the book like an Anne Rice novels crossed with a Danielle Steel. I remember loving them and being a fun vamp romance.

If anyone can help me rediscover this series. As a librarian I have hundreds of people do this to me every year, now I'm doing it.

The only other things I kind of remember is that all the covers were very dark, I think they had short titles three words or less, and possibly a male author whose last name may start with a letter near the end of the alphabet.

Thanks for your help!

Annie

AnnieM wrote: "I read a trilogy or series in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I can remember very little about it. I know it was about a male vampire. His character was similar to Angel from the Buffy TV series. I ..."http://www.amazon.com/Poppy-Z.-Brite/...

Try asking in this group here... hope they could help

Have you tried the bookstumper archives at loganberry?

http://loganberrybooks.com/stump-form...

AnnieM wrote: "I read a trilogy or series in the late 1980s or early 1990s. I can remember very little about it. I know it was about a male vampire. His character was similar to Angel from the Buffy TV series. I ..."

was it the books by poppy z brite

try posting something at SMART BITCHES/TRASHY BOOKS blog site. they have a link for HAPO (stands for Help A Bitch Out)...funny, I know, but that link on their blog site is for exactly what you're looking for....old books, can't remember the title. Try it.

And sorry, the book you're looking for doesn't sound familiar to me.

Hi Anne, Here they are;
Interview with the Vampire
The Vampire Lestat
The Queen of the Damned
Tale of the Body Thief
Memnoch the Devil
The Vampire Armand
Merrick
Blood and Gold
Blackwood Farms
Blood Canticle

Enjoy Lynda

Chris Lawton was it poppy z brites books you are talking about
Mar 07, 2012 06:01PM
AnnieM I haven't found them yet. While all the great suggestions have added many new titles to my reading list, I have yet to find Ellen Easton series. This ...more
Mar 08, 2012 06:11AM

Haven't read them myself yet, but maybe it is one of the following series?:

P.N. Elrod: Vampire Files, first book Bloodlist

P.N. Elrod: Jonathan Barrett, Gentleman Vampire, first book Red Death

Chelsea Quinn Yarbro: Saint-Germain, first book Hotel Transylvania

Good luck!

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Interview with the Vampire (other topics)