Halo: The Flood Halo discussion

the game

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian Metcalf In this book it fallows the Master Cheif on the mysterious halo.It goes along with the game(only a little more in depth).So just like the game,all and then some!

message 2: by Scott (last edited Nov 26, 2011 04:18PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Scott Sheppard But so superfluously written. And from what I could tell, the only thing that went into more depth was the level of gory detail as someone died. The games didn't feel gory, why did the author focus so much on it?

I wanted character development, not finer details on the already known events of the game. So this book was not what I wanted. I feel like Nylund was a far better author for the series.

Reed MASTER CHIEF=EPICNESS >:)

Fred Hughes All the books in the series, currently 8 in number, plus the two Forerunner books are EPIC in scope. I've never played the game but when I talk to people who have we connect instantly

Fred Hughes The FLOOD are definately the scariet mennace in this series. Toally out there

Dr. Thomas Wasser Why is there no movie for this series?

message 7: by Dave (new) - rated it 1 star

Dave Kirlin William wrote: "But so superfluously written. And from what I could tell, the only thing that went into more depth was the level of gory detail as someone died. The games didn't feel gory, why did the author focus..."

I agree with William completely. Nylund is a far better author and actually created character depth instead of just re-writing a video game as a novel.

Kayne brown Dr. Thomas wrote: "Why is there no movie for this series?"

I was wondering the same thing.

message 9: by Roger (new) - added it

Roger Dave wrote: "William wrote: "But so superfluously written. And from what I could tell, the only thing that went into more depth was the level of gory detail as someone died. The games didn't feel gory, why did ..."

I agree as well. However, I am a fan of Karen Traviss and have not read her novels of Halo yet. I have hopes that she'll do well.

Oh, and I don't play the games, just read the books. Weird, eh?

message 10: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex Pennington I read Fall of Reach before getting into the games, and then knowing that the Flood and Combat Evolved were essentially the same with more detail, I read and played at the same time, more or less anyway. Sometimes I'd be ahead in the reading and know what to expect in the game, sometimes the other way around. Overall, I really enjoyed enjoyed The Flood, though Dave and William both have solid points. Nylund's are the best, Fall of Reach being my favorite book, actually. Despite this, there are a lot of things I did like about The Flood, it just falls a bit short of being a Nylund work.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Halo: The Flood (other topics)