Literazzi discussion

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption
This topic is about Unbroken
Group Book Discussions > Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Nov 26, 2011 08:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christine | 214 comments Mod
Awesome. Thanks for posting Chris!

I think this one goes on my Greatest Books of all Time list. I couldn't put it down and can't stop thinking about it now that I'm done. I think our discussion today was one of our best too. It could have gone on for hours longer, save for the fact that our stomachs were growling. The 12 members who attended today gave it an average score of 4.8 (out of 5), an all-time high.

Chris wrote: "Although the discussion for Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption isn't until June 13, these Los Angeles Times articles are worth enjoying now:

These articles were both great. Again, thanks for posting, Chris.

Chris (cshumphreys) | 50 comments Mod
Christine wrote: "I think this one goes on my Greatest Books of all Time list. "

I think I agree. It was certainly hands-down the best book I read in 2011.

Hillenbrand's ability to write such great books while suffering from chronic illness is a story in itself.

Linda | 102 comments It seems that great books make for great discussions. Thank you Chris and Christine for all the interesting extra information on the book!

Glad you enjoyed it!

What a fun discussion that must have been on Wednesday.

Linda | 102 comments Sorry you couldn't join us. What about emailing your comments to us and they can be read at the meeting. You could also rate the book. Think about it.

Hmmm...very interesting idea!

Hey yeah. I second that suggestion, Chris.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption (other topics)