North of Beautiful North of Beautiful discussion

The dad

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jessica Who else wanted to punch the dad? if i was the mom i woulda poisioned his food or taken a frying pan to the back of his head, or something violent like that...am i just violent? or does anyone else feel the same?

Mellie Yes, the dad is a selfish, rude jerk! He would deserve his punishments because the way he treats his family is not fair. Just because he is the head of the family, it does not make him like God or something. I was super frustrated with the mom in the beginning because she isn't standing up for herself. But in the end i was like "Finally!"

Jessica I know right?! i was wondering throughout the book "how in the HECK did they fall in love&get married?!" or if it was a gradual thing, "how has she not divorced his sorry-butt!" i wish she would write a second book saying what happened in the marriage&how Terras doing with her art&such

Kathy Uh yeah!! somebody needed to punch him in the head!!

Valerie Throughout the whole entire book i was mad at her dad. terra doesn't deserve a dad like him. She deserves a better parent. I hate him... and that's saying a lot.

Tunrola Ase I thought I was the only one who really hated the dad. Throughout book, I kept on waiting for him to have some kind of fatal heart attack . . . lol I especially hated all the off hand comments he would make about Terra's mom's weight :(

message 7: by georgia (new)

georgia  -ωαт¢н ɱє fℓу- yeah, he was a right old pain in the as... erm... butt. I would hate to have him as my dad. And yup, somebody definitely needed to punch him in the head!

Obi loves Chewy I hate him to no end. I think he was beaten as a child. I have heard that happens a lot.

Scarlett He was terribly selfish, I seriously wanted to punch him..
But he was soo realistic, since there are husbands/ fathers like that out in the world.

Tunrola Ase That's so sad how that kind of reality exists in an everyday society . . .:(

Obi loves Chewy I agree with Trina it's very sad

message 12: by Alex (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alex I really hated the Dad too!!
And her poor mom, I think he destroyed her self-esteem so systematically that the woman was lost and even more so after she lost her sister.

I was so happy when she began to stand up to him, when they both did.

And I took it very personal because, not to brag but maybe just a little, my Dad is awesome and I couldn't imagine him ever saying those hurtful things. It was, like, a super high contrast for me.

message 13: by Chrissie (last edited Jan 31, 2012 02:46PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Chrissie Jessica wrote: "Who else wanted to punch the dad? if i was the mom i woulda poisioned his food or taken a frying pan to the back of his head, or something violent like that...am i just violent? or does anyone else..."

no i agree i wanted her brother to punch him so bad i wanted somebody to punch him call him ugly do something...so no your not violent

Chrissie Mellie wrote: "Yes, the dad is a selfish, rude jerk! He would deserve his punishments because the way he treats his family is not fair. Just because he is the head of the family, it does not make him like God or ..." same here when she finally stood up to him i was like thank god!

BookCrazy I hated the dad! I wanted to hit him and I had so many rude and mean things that terra or her mum could have said to him when he was horrible!!!! it infuriated me!

Chrissie the dad is a douche bag and abuses his head of the family power the ugly jerk face....hmph -__-

Tanya I hated the whole situation...

The dad being a jerk
The mom scared to stand up
Terra taking it

I seriously think China didn't have to be the turning point...

Chrissie Tanya wrote: "I hated the whole situation...

The dad being a jerk
The mom scared to stand up
Terra taking it

I seriously think China didn't have to be the turning point..."

i know what you mean,but i love the part in china when she hung out with eric though

Camila Forever hate him, I hope her mom goes away and find a new (really goood) guy. And that scumbag needs a serious beating.

Chrissie Camila wrote: "Forever hate him, I hope her mom goes away and find a new (really goood) guy. And that scumbag needs a serious beating."
right....

message 21: by Isha (new) - rated it 4 stars

Isha Jessica wrote: "Who else wanted to punch the dad? if i was the mom i woulda poisioned his food or taken a frying pan to the back of his head, or something violent like that...am i just violent? or does anyone else..."

Lol - I totally agree. And did you just say FRYING PAN TO THE HEAD? I've got to say I've never heard that one before; although, it's a very interesting idea. Hmmm... By the way, no, you're not violent. Well... maybe just a little.

♪♫Gloria♫♪ ~Іп Τħε Ċļοůðŝ~ Jessica wrote: "Who else wanted to punch the dad? if i was the mom i woulda poisioned his food or taken a frying pan to the back of his head, or something violent like that...am i just violent? or does anyone else..."

No, no, i wanted to do much worse than that. excuse my language, but he was a serious A**hole.

Marija I really hate the dad. He's such a pain! He's selfish, mean and I really wanted him to step on a piece of lego!!!! (That really hurts by the way, I know what I'm talking about) When the mom stood up to the dad I stood up and danced! Serves him right! Hmph. I just really want there to be a sequel.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

North of Beautiful (other topics)