Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > The Voting Experience: Comment as the Returns Come In...Post Election Commentary...

Comments (showing 251-264 of 264) (264 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lori (Hellian) I got real choked up seeing that crowd in Chicago. All different colors and sexes, standing side by side while our next President says Yes We Can.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments You seem a little excited, Mindy.

message 253: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Oh, you have NOOOO idea!

:)

(Watching the speech felt like it was a movie or something. There is NO way this is happening in my lifetime! No fucking way after the last eight years of fucking fundamentalist HELL we took our country back! And these United States just elected an African-American to the highest office in the land! That means SOOOO much to this white girl from backwoods MS, you can't even imagine. *whew*)

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!

;)

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments :D

I'm happy too!!!

Shelly I just got off the phone w/ my niece, my mother, and my oldest sister. My niece's first election was 2004 and she, prompted by my mother and sister, voted Bush. My mother and sister also voted Bush in 2000. My mother and sister also voted for the first Bush. This time, however, they all voted Obama! I couldn't believe it! I had no idea b/c I don't talk politics w/ them b/c we always argue! I'm sofa-king stoked!

message 256: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments That's awesome, Shelly!

Lori (Hellian) Now we get into the projected administration: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/...

RandomAnthony Eek. My county voted 60-39 McCain.

message 259: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 154 comments Yea, Indiana! I'm proud of Hoosiers. Good work, Mellencampers!

As for Alabama ... I take the blame. Maybe that Streakers for Obama Rally I organized wasn't such a good idea after all....

On a super positive note, I'm proud to say my son cast his first national election vote. Back in 04 he didn't turn 18 until a month after the election and was pissed. So now he was excited about getting to go. (Granted, he didn't want to go at 6 a.m. when I went, but still.....)

Books Ring Mah Bell re 272, HA!

Here late to share in the joy... could not believe it... I had goose bumps as the votes came in last night.

I'm... wow.

God I feel so hopeful. so positive...

*big group hug*

message 262: by Sheila (last edited Nov 05, 2008 05:23AM) (new)

Sheila Hey RA. Your thread morphed!

A great thread and a great day. :)

And what an awesome victory speech last night. Whoever writes that man's speeches is a genius.

Had to laugh, watching the news, at the rowdy crowd in front of the White House.

"In your face, Bush!"

Shelly Ha! Best Onion article ever!

Citizens with eyes, ears, and the ability to wake up and realize what truly matters in the end are also believed to have played a crucial role in Tuesday's election.

message 264: by Meen (new)

Meen (MeenDee) | 1733 comments Streakers for Obama Rally

Damn, Kirk, I woulda come up to Montgomery for that one!

1 2 3 4 6 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread