The Westing Game The Westing Game discussion

READ THE WESTING GAME

Comments (showing 1-18 of 18) (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Danielg If you consider yourself a good reader and you haven't read this book you've been kidding yourself. There are bad books, okay books, good books, must read books, and above it all there's The Westing Game. YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna I Second That! :) It's on my top 100 favorite books. FIVE STARS FOR SURE.
I think it could beat a Sherlock Holmes for sure. It reminds me of And Then There Were None

but I do admit that Agatha Christie often wrote the same style (Closed, with only a certain # of suspects) only it's better.

Jess Yes, I agree! I don't read a lot of mysteries, just haven't gotten around to it. I read this one a few years ago, stayed up late to find out who was leaving the clues! :) Definitely one of the best books I've read recently.

Katie I usually don't like mystery books but I loved this one. If you can't keep track of alot of charactors, than I don't know if you'd like it very much.

Trent Sutton I thought that I would really like it, but I didn't think it was that good.

Gerriane Blew me off my feet :O I loved the plot twists! Are there any other books you've read that are like the Westing Game?

Jess Gerriane wrote: "Blew me off my feet :O I loved the plot twists! Are there any other books you've read that are like the Westing Game?"

Have you read any Christie? I've only read "And Then There Were None," but I thought it was similar in that it kept you guessing until the end. It's not geared towards children, though, because there are lots of murders, so if that's not your thing, stay away! (nothing graphic.) :)

Anna Yes, Christie does a lot of "closed environments" where there are only a certain amount of people. I haven't read a lot of her books, but I've watched movies off of them (acorn media does well).
I think Nancy Drew books can be like that, but they're cheesy at times. If you want action, (unbook related) look up Nancy Drew games by herinteractive. They're not as cheesy as the books (okay, well most of the time).

message 9: by Gerriane (last edited Dec 10, 2011 06:32AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Gerriane Jess wrote: "Gerriane wrote: "Blew me off my feet :O I loved the plot twists! Are there any other books you've read that are like the Westing Game?"

Have you read any Christie? I've only read "And Then There W..."

Actually, I haven't checked any Christie books yet (is she the author?) but I'll make sure to check it out!

message 10: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Gerriane wrote: "Jess wrote: "Gerriane wrote: "Blew me off my feet :O I loved the plot twists! Are there any other books you've read that are like the Westing Game?"

Have you read any Christie? I've only read "And..."

Yes, Agatha Cristie.... as Anna said, the closed environments make them very similar to The Westing Game. I've only read And Then There Were None, but it is executed brilliantly and keeps you guessing til the end.

Valerie I love this book! The plot is amazing! Turtle's pretty awesome as well.

message 12: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë READ THIS BOOK!!! I LOVED IT!!!!

Mackenzie LOVED THIS BOOK, RECOMMENDED IT TO ALL MY FRIENDS!!!

message 14: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë what ages should read it?

message 15: by Jess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jess Zoë wrote: "what ages should read it?"

I would say maybe 10-15, but even adults can enjoy it. And in fact, even younger kids could enjoy it if they are better readers.

message 16: by Zoë (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zoë I think 10 and up

Arianna I read this book in school last year. It was actually really good. I might read it again sometime.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Read it awsome

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Westing Game (other topics)
And Then There Were None (other topics)