Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1) Odd Thomas discussion

Great thriller

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nic (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nic This book is so suspenseful. This is the first time I've ever read a Dean Koontz book and I was scared to go to sleep last night after reading the first 100 pages or so.

Emily If you really like this book then your going to love some of dean Koontz's other novels, I highly recommend twilight eyes and life expectancy, but there are so many others that are just awesome

Dinah Lightning, Watchers and Strangers were some of his earlier wokrs that I loved. I recent one that I liked was The Taking. There are some misses too. Breathless was a recent one that I just did not like at all. It seems that he will write a very good book and then a not so good book.
I really liked the beginning of the Odd Thomas series, but the last one, Odd Hours, was a miss for me.

Emily Lightning,Watchers and Strangers was very good, And i completely agree about the later Odd Thomas books, though i loved the first one brother Odd and Odd Hours werent near as good though I did enjoy them both just not to the same level as the first, I always kinda had a book crush on Odd though :p so i think i will be reading any others Koontz comes out with

Donna Lol, I had a crush on Odd as well, so glad someone else admitted that!
Odd Thomas was a great book, definitely, but as others have said it's all downhill from there. The last one was dreadful - all that build-up to absolutely nothing. Ugh.
Lightning, Strangers and The Bad Place were my faves from the older books. I also like The Taking.

Danielle Sheffield Dean Koontz has so many books to choose from in every genre. I believe everyone can find at least one they'll enjoy of his. His Odd Thomas series is my favorite to date although it does tend to taper off toward the end. I'd have to say that Twilight Eyes, From the Corner of His Eye, and One Door Away From Heaven were my other favorites.

Desley (Cat fosterer) I love all the ones in this series, I think there is one that I haven't read yet though, but owuld have to check out a list of books to find out.

I do like most of his books, he is on my to re-read list.

David Morgan Dean Koontz really does have some great books. I had to add my favorite in here. I really loved Intensity. There are of course many other very good ones, but Intensity was in a word, well, you can probably guess.

Dace Maddox I like the creepiness of Dean Koontz's books though I always find that they end quite abruptly. I found the boggarts in Odd Thomas really, really creepy, and enjoyed the book though the sequels don't really catch my interest.

message 10: by Jenn (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenn I loved the Odd Thomas series, Frankenstein series, Intensity and many others

message 11: by Dace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dace Maddox Jenn wrote: "I loved the Odd Thomas series, Frankenstein series, Intensity and many others"

Ooo, yea Frankenstein is good, I liked the first one best though

message 12: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy Schmitz I liked this book. I read alot of Dean Koontz books.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Odd Thomas (other topics)