The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Nominations & Voting > December's book selection is...

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
...by an OVERWHELMING majority, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. Seems like a good Christmas-y like selection. And a nice wholesome choice to counteract the rebellion of our November choice! Happy reading!

message 2: by whichwaydidshego?, the sage of sass (new)

whichwaydidshego? (whichwaydidshego) | 1996 comments Mod
By the way, there's never been another book that had such high numbers. Crazy!

Kerrilynn I've never read this but have always wanted too! *goes to reserve it at the local library now* (online of course...lol)

sara frances (sara_frances) | 36 comments I'm the same way, Kerrilynn! I'm excited =)

Katri (Valancy) | 107 comments I've read it lots of times and love it - which makes me feel a bit lazy for having voted for it, maybe it'd be better to read new books I haven't yet read. But it's been some time since I last read it, and as it's one of my favourite books I would love to have some discussions of it with you all. Also, I'm in the last throes of Thesis Hell which means I will rather reread a book which I already know, and which I own so I don't have to spend time hunting it down. Anyway, it'll be a really lovely read for the Christmas time, so I'm happy! And it's such a classic that everyone who hasn't read it definitely should. :-)

Danyiel | 10 comments Wohoo....can't wait to read it.

Kathryn | 361 comments I haven't read it since I was in my late teens but I absolutely loved it and it's one of my favorite books so I'm looking forward to reading it now some ten years later. I hope I'll find time this holiday season!!!

Robbie Bashore | 592 comments I read it for the first time not long ago--after having read March, which is supposed to be the father's story when he is off to war. Both great books.

Melissa (sweetmelissa818) Yay! I read this when I was younger, but would LOVE to read it again!

Deborah | 283 comments Yay! indeed!

Monique (MoniqueReads) | 9 comments I just joined this group and I am so excited. "Little Women" is one of my all time favorites. I was going to re-read this book next year. But I will read it for December.

message 12: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
Glad you're with us, MahoganyRain - I like your name by the way :)

Monique (MoniqueReads) | 9 comments Thank dini

Lauren This book is already in my TBR pile. I'm not sure whether or not I have ever actualy read it before. Good choice!

Angie | 511 comments Wow this book is a longer than I thought. I am glad we only have one book this month.

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments And a nice wholesome choice to counteract the rebellion of our November choice! Happy reading!

Just reread that first post, Michele -- and did a bit of a yes, but -- yes, wholesome, but still there's plenty of rebellion in there -- especially Josephine, you know?

Looking forward to the discussion of probably my lifetime number one book if one is counting number of times reads or even if one is counting other things -- this one is just high on my list, let's say.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

GOD I LOVE THAT BOOK IM ONLY 12 AND HAVE READ IT 2 TIMES. UNABRIGED BOTH TIMES IN 4TH GRADE AND 7TH. I LOVE IT. oh sorry about the caps i forgot again. im really not yelling i promise.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

its my favorite to

Dottie  (oxymoronid) | 698 comments *SaRa -- hee-hee -- you can get awfully excited -- just try to remember the caps though -- and twice is a great start. I read this somewhere around eight or nine the first time -- the next Christmas when my mother had gone to the next bigger town to the decent bookstore with a list for me -- the lady kept try to sell her on books I'd already read and trying to talk her out of the other Louisa May Alcott books on the list because they were too old -- until my mother said that I'd read the books the saleperson was pushing two years before. The response? "Oh."

As I said this is likely the single most read book on m y shelves but I can't remember how many times I've read it -- I'd love to know but never kept track.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

my teachers were impressed when i read it. i have been a good rerader. im in 7th now i read on and 1st year of college level though.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Little Women (other topics)
March (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louisa May Alcott (other topics)