YA, Paranormal Romance, Fantasy discussion

Anyone a writer?

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paulina (new)

Paulina | 98 comments Mod
Come and show off with your book :D

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan Cathcart | 9 comments Hey I am currently writing a book with my best friend, but we dont have a title yet..

Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) (diqhedmcguillecutty) | 10 comments I'm a poet. A really, really, really bad poet. But people seem to like it.

message 4: by Tori (new)

Tori (Torilovestoread) | 2 comments if you are looking for young writers wattpad is a good site to go...My best friend has a book on there and it is really good, her book is called "In Over My Head" by MikCba.... it is really good!!!!!

message 5: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Master of Puppets (I'm pulling your strings) wrote: "I'm a poet. A really, really, really bad poet. But people seem to like it."

You're a bad poet but people like your poetry? xD

message 6: by Willow (last edited Feb 12, 2012 03:56PM) (new)

Willow Rose | 1 comments I am the writer of a YA paranormal series called Afterlife. It is about a young girl's adventures after she dies at 16. The first is called Beyond Beyond (The Academy) Beyond (The Academy) (Afterlife,#1) by T.P. Boje the second is called Serenity Serenity Serenity (Afterlife,#2) by T.P. Boje and the third one is Endurance Endurance Endurance (Afterlife, #3) by T.P. Boje I hope you will enjoy them and maybe tell all your friends in here about them :-)

message 7: by Paulina (new)

Hey, they look really good. Will defo check them out :)

message 8: by Kallie (new)

Kallie Hudson  (catcat) | 3 comments im working on my first book but i dont now if im going to publish it when i finished it cuz i dont now if its any good the title is 'The Bluejay'

message 9: by Paulina (new)

Ah awesome, what is it about?

message 10: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments I just released my first book on Saturday. It's a young adult paranormal romance that features angst, dealing with mortality, pie, cute boys who don't breathe, cemeteries, sunshine and there might be some kissing ;) I'd love it if you'd check it out or add it to your to read list. It's available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon as an ebook. Thank you so much! Nocturnal

message 11: by Paulina (new)

Chelsea wrote: "I just released my first book on Saturday. It's a young adult paranormal romance that features angst, dealing with mortality, pie, cute boys who don't breathe, cemeteries, sunshine and there might ..."

It looks realllllyyyy good, and i love the cover of it.

message 12: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Thank you so much! I was lucky enough to find two beautiful stock images and taught myself enough about graphics to layer them. I'm so happy other people like it too :)

message 13: by Paulina (new)

Wow seriously???!! I thought it was professionally done

message 14: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Nope. Did it myself :) I'm planning on keeping the tulip part and using it for the rest of the series because it's so pretty.

message 15: by Paulina (new)

Ahhhh good idea, how many books are you planning on making?

message 16: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Four in that series. It was going to be three, but then things happened and it's now four. I'm cool with it because I adore the characters and will be sad to see them go. I've also got several other series in the works :)

message 17: by Paulina (new)

Wow that's awesome, I'm really exited I really wanna read it.. Did someone help you publish it or did you do it all by yourself?

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments I'm a DIY kind of girl. Why make someone else do something I can do for myself? I'm just lucky there was a ton of stuff online about how to do it, or I would have been totally lost. I'm excited that someone else is excited about it too!

message 19: by Paulina (new)

Hahah that's awesome, i was starting to write a book but every time i type it up its amazing my best work, as soon as i re read it its complete crap

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Yeah, that happens to me too. But sometimes it's the other way around. Just takes time and a lot of writing and re-writing. Also having someone else look at it and tell you it doesn't suck. We're always our own worst critics :)

message 21: by Paulina (new)

Yeah, I get my friend to look it over

message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Might want to try a teacher or librarian. Someone who knows about mechanics and story arcs. I had a lot of help from professors when I was in college.

message 23: by Paulina (new)

Ah yeah, we'll I'm still 15 and not really sure if I ever want to get it published of just do it for fun..

message 24: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Cameron (chelccam) | 8 comments Do it for fun now. Worry about the career later :) You have plenty of time.

message 25: by Paulina (new)

Yeah :) .. I would love to publish a book, and every time I look it up on the Internet it says it's really hard and I think that is putting me off it, but I enjoy writing what is already in my head

message 26: by Kallie (new)

Kallie Hudson  (catcat) | 3 comments Paulina wrote: "Ah awesome, what is it about?"

will its about this kingdom thats is taken over by a evil king after he kills the good king and the prince and the bluejay and there followers group to gather to get the kingdom back. but the bluejay has a secret that nobody but her dad knows about

message 27: by Paulina (new)

Sounds really interesting, it's reminding me of something the whole good and bad king but I can't place my finger on it

message 28: by M.T. (new)

M.T. Acquaire Hi! My wife and I are avid readers, as well as authors. Our new book, Marty Boggs & The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb, is a young adult supernatural fantasy. Below is a link to our website with our book trailer and free book giveaway. We would love to know what you think and good luck for all those that enter the giveaway. :)

http://www.mtacquaire.com

Thank you,
M.T. Acquaire

message 29: by Michael (new)

Michael (Percy1312) | 4 comments Curently, I'm writing a series. The first book is called Together For Now. I also write poems.

message 30: by Paulina (new)

Michael wrote: "Curently, I'm writing a series. The first book is called Together For Now. I also write poems."

Loving the title already! What's it about?

message 31: by Brynn (new)

Brynn Chapman | 1 comments Hi all. I am a voracious reader as well as an author. The book is Romantic Historical Fantasy. I love books like The Prestige, The Illusionist etc, and its my favorite to write as well.

Verity Montague is a servant in 1692 Salem. Her flaming red hair and mismatched eyes make her a prime target for accusation of witchcraft. Orphaned during the Indian raids, she and her brother with Asperger's Syndrome come to live with the key historical figures of the trials-The Putnams. They keep their synesthesia secret- that days, months and years appear as color in Verity's mind, and for John, that symphonies play in a Fantasia-style performance of colors and geometric patterns.

Truman Johnstone 's ability to discern people's expressions, and decipher if they were lying- made him an outspoken child. Being different kept him from being adopted till he was fourteen. He now runs an orphanage for problem youths, and is a feeding therapist in his desire to help children deal with their peculiarities. To give them the childhood he never had.

The harvest festival corn maze Truman creates every year has an unwelcome visitor. Children hear disembodied voices skipping through the corn maze amid the backdrop of eerie orchestral music. In every year of the calendar, intermittent doors of time swing open and closed, so long as the cornfield stands.

In societies set on sameness-all are outsiders.

They learn the traits that make us outcasts, may be the very ones that make us great, and that true love may heal all, and even transcend time.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A3FDTBY

If you have book recommendations in this genre, I'd love to add them to my ridiculously large TBR pile.

Thanks Brynn

Im also a huge YA reader. ;) I wish you all the best with your writing and feel free to ask questions if youre new to publishing

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Endurance (other topics)
Serenity (other topics)
Beyond (other topics)
Nocturnal (other topics)